sufu1

OLD superfuture 5.0 superbug thread

ill third that. i can't even figure out where in the world its currently 5:30 pm?

Well that's even weirder.. You and i are both in California but for me it shows the current time as 2:30pm.

i've just trolled through a few hundred messages in bugs thread and tried to summarize outstanding stuff.

[if i've missed any please let me know in this thread so we can make a definitive list that i can get techs to sort out]

issues list

+++++++++++++

search

fix status --> fixed using 'full search' but we will install 'sphinx search' which is more powerful and searches deeper in site'. full search limits to 200 results.

+++++++++++++

url redirects

i.e. mapping old vbulletin urls to new forum urls. this was working prior to latest new 'new' server.

it's a bitch cos all the links into superfuture are getting broken, including those from google.

fix status --> techs have been trying to get this sorted past day or so but still not working.

update --> fixed

+++++++++++++

ipad skin

my notifications/email popup is off screen.

fix status --> have asked techs to fix more times than i can remember.

+++++++++++++

lowercase

will look again to see if we can isolate usernames and message descriptions to not be forced lowercase. the issue was that it was all or nothing rather than me being a typenazi. [even though i am one].

this might also fix some of the image/youtube link issues.

"once again the "everything lowercase" idea wasn't very well thought out, every copy/pasted image link becomes broken because of it"

fix status --> need to tweak css.

+++++++++++++

old youtube links

not sure if this is due to the lowercase or something else

"every embedded youtube video prior to 5.0 no longer shows up due to the new formatting change, the best youtube, etc vids threads up to 5.0 are pretty much worthless unless you feel like copying/pasting every code "

fix status --> need to open tech ticket.

+++++++++++++

posts per page / ascending / descending

we can only set this globally.

fix status --> i think it is set to 25. can raise it to 50.

update -->

topics per forum page was 30 now 50

posts per topic page was 25 now 50

post needed to make a hot topic is 500

+++++++++++++

mobile

can't seem to get to the most recent post on any thread from the mobile version

+++++++++++++

content i follow

clearly not working

+++++++++++++

chat

not working.

fix status --> disabled and we need to repurchase the module. should be back up in next few days.

update --> fixed

+++++++++++++

timestamps

"time is wrong. i'm in the right time zone but it's 8.5 hours off"

"time is 7pm eastern it says 10:30am "

update --> fixed.

logged out will show GMT time.

logged in will show your local time zone [if you have set it in your 'my profile']

+++++++++++++

"can't change my avatar back to my old one or upload a new one. gives me a [#1027] error. "

is this still not working?

update --> The [#1027] error means user don't have permission to alter their profile. possibly not logged in. if still having issues let us know and give example.

+++++++++++++

rss 1

"rss feeds for the market, is that going to be in this version or was that feature scrapped?"

update --> fixed

rss 2

"would there be image support for the rss feature in the supermarket again soon?"

rss 3

"i added super market to my rss(google reader) and when i click on a thread it comes up as the thread was posted as guest and there is no content in the thread"

+++++++++++++

help thread

"it would be helpful to just have a dedicated thread / key to the more commonly used function changes for 5.0

future"

fix status --> agree. will work on something.

+++++++++++++

rep comments

fix status --> this is on future to-do list once we find a coder who can actually do it. we have the data but it will take some custom coding.

it cannot be impossible.

+++++++++++++

Edited by wayne

the lowercase should be pretty simple with css.

span.author.vcard {

text-transform: none;

}

.post.entry-content {

text-transform: none;

}

would allow our names to be capitalized and also the meat of our posts.

is there a way to chance the # of posts per page? we use to go as high as i think 40 (100 in even the older versions of sufu)

search result as per latest update time is incorrect (doesnt seem to pick up the very last reply date, hence nulling "bumping")

fixed.

url redirects

i.e. mapping old vbulletin urls to new forum urls. this was working prior to latest new 'new' server.

it's a bitch cos all the links into superfuture are getting broken, including those from google.

fix status --> techs have been trying to get this sorted past day or so but still not working.

fixed.

chat

not working.

fix status --> disabled and we need to repurchase the module. should be back up in next few days.

fixed this.

let us know if it is working properly. we can tweak the settings.

- rss export = 100 [maybe can increase?]

- arranged by ascending

- cache is set to reload every 15 minutes. [maybe less?]

rss

"rss feeds for the market, is that going to be in this version or was that feature scrapped?"

can we fix the 'my content' and 'logout' links from www.superfuture.com? It still doesn't work because of typos in the url

I would REALLY (that was all in uppercase) like to be able to use some capital letters in my posts. Especially capital I.

i added super market to my rss(google reader) and when i click on a thread it comes up as the thread was posted as guest and there is no content in the thread.

fixed.

logged out will show GMT time.

logged in will show your local time zone [once you have set it in your 'my profile']

timestamps

"time is wrong. i'm in the right time zone but it's 8.5 hours off"

"time is 7pm eastern it says 10:30am "

techs are just trying to pinpoint the issue here...

it works fine for me except when 'content i follow' is checked...

is this the exact same problem you are experiencing?

my content section is blank

techs are not able to reproduce the logout issue. can you be more specific about the problem [which page are you trying to logout from?].

can we fix the 'my content' and 'logout' links from www.superfuture.com? It still doesn't work because of typos in the url

no idea. have added it to the previous issues list.

i added super market to my rss(google reader) and when i click on a thread it comes up as the thread was posted as guest and there is no content in the thread

no idea. have added it to the previous issues list.

would there be image support for the rss feature in the supermarket again soon?

I get "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

.. when I want to seach KVA. So maybe I try Assche. What if I want to search APC? A.P.C.? No one types that.

my post counts are different in my profile vs on my posts themselves; off by ~100

had to create a new account b/c my other one would not log in when the new update was launched. I've tried all I could do/multiple password resets, without having to make a new account to ask mods ha.

Not sure whats up with my other account now.

[#CSTART-12] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

ya

I think the reason i cant get to the last post on some threads on the mobile version is because the thread title overlaps the arrow so I cant click it. threads with short titles are fine though

how do i view my usercp page?

clic on your name in the nav bar and click my settings

I think he meant 'where do i see a page with all my subscribed content and rep', which doesn't exist. you can find your content either by clicking on your name and clicking 'my content' (which seems to be everything you have posted) or clicking 'content I follow' which is everything you have followed.

Guest glasses

how do i remove the facebook plug in? i never synced my sufu account with my fb but it says that i shared something on the side of the page..

my settings > manage facebook

sounds like you need to change your settings within facebook.

how do i remove the facebook plug in? i never synced my sufu account with my fb but it says that i shared something on the side of the page..