sufu1

OLD superfuture 5.0 superbug thread

3. users with capital letters in their name (minou, scott m, dum etc) can't seem to log in.

++++++++++++++++++++[

after those are sorted we can see what is left...

the x in my username used to be a capital letter and i never had problems signing in

when i try to edit my signature and i want to insert a link all i get is a grey overlay (or w/e it's called) and nothing happens

Edited by redX

so we can see our rep points in our profile page, but it doesn't seem to change anymore with rep and neg rep

Apologies is this has already been noted. I am not receiving email notifications for threads that I've started "following" since the reboot, despite selecting "instant notification".

How do i automatically follow a thread once i post to it?

I don't see this option in the UserCP

i believe if you press "notifications", then go to "options" there's the option of tracking replied threads, etc. it isn't a bug, just that by default, nothing notifies for anyone :)

edit: you beat me... by a few seconds.

Edited by crissyw

Thanks Ran, just tried +rape you but the buttons disappeared the second i pressed the left one. Odd.

EDIT: I guess that means it works, there's just no way to leave comments with rep now.

Edited by kiya

Don't know if this has been mentioned before... But today I was spreading some rep and at one post the rep counter underneath the post I repped decided to reset.

I mean, when you rep someone's post, the counter says "x" for the number of times a post has been repped. I repped pat's Sams in the evo thread, which stated it was already repped 26 times before (Yeah, they are really sick). But when I added, the counter went to 1...

hey its me e0d9n0b5 i can't login on my actual account,i get this error "[#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this community. " and can't view any of the actual forum while i'm signed in, and it won't let me sign out(gives the same error) so I made this temp account until its fixed so i can actually view the forum k thanks bye ples dont ban me :)

Will we be able to edit / delete pre-5.0 posts (I can't change my old supermarket threads to sold)?

where are all of my subscriptions gone? or

am i forced to look through all the topics and sub again? because i'd rather not..

Someone may have noted this already, but embedding an image doesn't work if your image or path has caps in it due to the way 5.0 forces lowercase everywhere. I found out I have to manually edit the tags to get it to work correctly.

Hopefully, we can allow uppercase in the near future for instances like this at least?

every embedded youtube video prior to 5.0 no longer shows up due to the new formatting change, the best youtube, etc vids threads up to 5.0 are pretty much worthless unless you feel like copying/pasting every code

Someone may have noted this already, but embedding an image doesn't work if your image or path has caps in it due to the way 5.0 forces lowercase everywhere. I found out I have to manually edit the tags to get it to work correctly.

Hopefully, we can allow uppercase in the near future for instances like this at least?

Must have been fixed, I posted an imgur image just now with capitals in it.

you obviously aren't australian. that sir. is a superbambi.

maybe we need a 'default user icon of the month'...? i will start another thread and you can post nominations.

I was talking about this fella

default_large.png

But now there's that bambi fellow too? Does there really need to be a default image? It defeats the purpose of avatars.

trying to post an image via quick reply sometimes results in an infinite grey screen requiring a reload

Said i got kick from chat?

[#cstart-0] there was an error connecting with the chat room. please notify an administrator.

it took me some time to understand why people were "typing random letters" but then i realized that you only need to post the letters of a youtube video and 5.0 makes it appear with the youtube player

but ass i see, with chrome, is the random letters

also, some poeple mentionned that quick posts had that autosave function, but it doesnt work for me (with chrome)

Tried connecting with facebook, received this error message:

{
  "error": {
  "message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
  "type": "OAuthException"
  }
}

And this with twitter:

[#0.717734] There is an error with your Twitter application settings. Please check to ensure that you have properly set a callback URL in your Twitter application configuration.

it took me some time to understand why people were "typing random letters" but then i realized that you only need to post the letters of a youtube video and 5.0 makes it appear with the youtube player

but ass i see, with chrome, is the random letters

also, some poeple mentionned that quick posts had that autosave function, but it doesnt work for me (with chrome)

I think you're seeing old youtube embed posts with the youtube embed bbcodes removed. It's totally fucked up a bunch of old video based threads!

Figured out my issues on the iphone, still hoping our old subscribed threads will be back!

once again the "everything lowercase" idea wasn't very well thought out, every copy/pasted image link becomes broken because of it

Figured out my issues on the iphone, still hoping our old subscribed threads will be back!

Hey Lendo, not sure if you're referring to this or not, but I can't seem to get to the most recent post on any thread from the mobile version. Definitely not trying to click "next" through 2,587 pages of waywt's. I'm on iPhone also, did you figure out some setting change regarding this? I'm sure this problem has been brought up and maybe answered, I just haven't read through the last 8 pages to see...

on a positive note, even though 5.0 looks like a MASSIVE overhaul, once everyone gets used to it and the kinks get worked out, it looks like it has the potential to be incredible. So many features and options now, I don't even know where to start. Great work Wayne and team, this version looks to be amazing.

you now have [swf] and [media] tags

so, how for example would one embed a liveleak video, such as this one: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6cb_1321141514 ?

I used to be able to embed nearly every site's video using [swf] tags, now they don't work - and media just shows the url, though it works with youtube fine..

I think you're seeing old youtube embed posts with the youtube embed bbcodes removed. It's totally fucked up a bunch of old video based threads!

no. some recent posts in random thoughts and what are you watching are only showing the part after watch?v=

edit: 89740469.jpg

probably a fruitless suggestion, but I'd like to see "report" and "quote" switch sides. I keep clicking the report button, maybe just cause it's the first of the three and seems logical, when I mean to grab quote. Do people report posts that often?