sufu1

OLD superfuture 5.0 superbug thread

weird, when I click on the words of the title on my iphone it takes me to the last page.

yeah, thats pretty funny. same here.

what the hell happened to the forum navigation combo box that was at the bottom of every page?? it's annoying having to switch between sub forums by having to go back to the index instead of just having a menu on every page...

can't edit profile.

can't see because i'm blinded by a sea of white empty space all over the page. it can work in print design, but not on the web. throwing away all the color does more harm than good. maybe someone wanted to challenge themselves to see if it could work. it doesn't.

Edited by Rob060

you obviously aren't australian. that sir. is a superbambi.

maybe we need a 'default user icon of the month'...? i will start another thread and you can post nominations.

Also not a 'bug', but what's with this default koala-looking avatar? It makes things incredibly confusing and the sight of that image will make me want to kill myself by the end of the week.

had to reset my password via email but where do i change it? i assume "my settings" but its not loading atm.

its fixed width. but we really want to make another variable width skin option to match supertravel/supernews etc... [so it auto resizes depending on your browser width]-- which is a very neat. i can see how we can do it but not sure if technically possible with this forum software. so for now it's on the wish list.

not a bug or maybe, but the site is fixed width...

1 black dot / per 1-1000 up to 5000 posts

2 black dots / per 5000 to 10000 posts

3 black dots / per10000 to 15000 posts

i think the repbar is post count related

why did the black dot system replace the rep bar/system out of interest? black dots seem sort of pointless since the post count is directly below it?

Edited by conqueror

sorry, haven't read through this thread, but is there a user cp with one's subscribed threads?

also, i'm having issues with PMs (it says i got 363 new, which is untrue).

also, accessing the 'last page' is somewhat temperamental for me.

i also liked being able to search using the thread start date on occasion. was handy for supermarket, etc.

that definitely related to the outstanding issue on 'my settings'... as its obviously mixed up the ids. hah.

sup with the people i ignored being listed as friends on my profile?

tend to agree. thats just what this software does as default. there is only so much we can customize. we might try to get rep count back on posts if we can figure out how to...

why did the black dot system replace the rep bar/system out of interest? black dots seem sort of pointless since the post count is directly below it?

that would be awesome. but thanks a whole bunch for all the bug fixes over the past few hours. definitely makes surfing a whole lot easier.

tend to agree. thats just what this software does as default. there is only so much we can customize. we might try to get rep count back on posts if we can figure out how to...

Definitely can't go directly to the last page of thread.

these are the things we need to get the techs to sort out...

access to settings will solve a lots of the remaining problems...

++++++++++++++++++++

1. 'my settings'

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home/superfut/public_html/admin/applications/forums/extensions/usercpForms.php on line0

++++++++++++++++++++

2. 'manage my ignore'

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home/superfut/public_html/admin/applications/forums/extensions/usercpForms.php on line0

++++++++++++++++++++

3. users with capital letters in their name (minou, scott m, dum etc) can't seem to log in.

++++++++++++++++++++[

4. mobile skin is only supposed to be showing for admins and mods and supemods but all users are seeing it... hmm. [more about this issue later.]

++++++++++++++++++++

after those are sorted we can see what is left...

click on the tiny >> after the page numbers..

we need to change this to a text 'last page' as its not obvious.

is this what you meant?

Definitely can't go directly to the last page of thread.

Posted · Hidden by michaelttizzle, November 12, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by michaelttizzle, November 12, 2011 - No reason given

to get to the last page just click the arrow not the title. im using an android

my settings fixed.....!

Posted · Hidden by michaelttizzle, November 12, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by michaelttizzle, November 12, 2011 - No reason given

I didnt see the post above me damn

these are the things we need to get the techs to sort out...

access to settings will solve a lots of the remaining problems...

fixed.................

++++++++++++++++++++

1. 'my settings'

++++++++++++++++++++

2. 'manage my ignore'

++++++++++++++++++++

3. users with capital letters in their name (minou, scott m, dum etc) can't seem to log in. but please check!!

++++++++++++++++++++[

4. mobile skin is only supposed to be showing for admins and mods and supemods but all users are seeing it... hmm. [more about this issue later.]

++++++++++++++++++++

after those are sorted we can see what is left...

I'm on an iPhone, I may have switched to the mobile version. I can't seem to switch back. As of now there's just ">" next to each thread and no page numbers.

not sure if this is a bug, but for avatars, it seems like they are locked to the square format aspect (i think). no matter what size i resize my original image to, whether 50px width or 250px width, it will only crop according to that certain aspect.

i.e. my avatar will be chopped off regardless of what size they are.

most aspects under settings have been fixed, with the exception of me being able to manage facebook and twitter from there. getting error messages.

also, when i edit a post and hit "save changes", i dont get directed to the refreshed edited version automatically but have to manually cmd + r to view the updated version.

Edited by ranonranonarat

It appears to me like the database has been reverted back to an old backup or something. Some of my posts are gone and old ones reverted back to old unedited versions (speaking specifically of supermarket posts). My signature has also been reverted to one I had months ago and not the one I had put there before the switch from 4 to 5.

Anyone else noticing these data inconsistencies?

I'm getting this too - posts that were edited on my sales thread before the upgrade are now appearing in their original unedited state.

Out of interest why did superfuture migrate to an off the shelf forum package?

And are everyone's avatars just pixelated because they need resizing?

And are everyone's avatars just pixelated because they need resizing?

yeah, 4.0 had an avatar size of 65x65 and 5.0 has 90x90. they're pixelated because they are being stretched out to fit the new dimensions.

Edited by conqueror