Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim in the United States (Documentary!)

DFreshLeish

If you look at the bottom of my signature,there is a link for our kickstarter. Go to the kickstarter for an idea of what we offer and pricing, and then PM me on SuFu with what you would like and an email address to send a PayPal request to (This way you have a record too). Sorry, i know that's slightly more complicated than it needs to be right now, we're working on some sort of store on our site, but the main focus is the film right now. Also, it's important to note that some of the things on the KS were for KS only, and cannot be purchased now...

Thanks for the interest!

Edited by DFreshLeish

Here's a little T-shirt loving for the W&W project:

6844303282_d0af6858df_z.jpg

It's great to be on the team :) Top notch tee by DoubleXX!

To everyone whom supported us through kickstarter and a few since, and also in commemoration of Roy's release of his new denim, we are putting together 5 straight minutes of Roy footage from our time out there just for you. thank you all, check your emails over the next day!

To everyone who got the Roy email/PM from me: Vimeo sucks. Sorry it's stretched, and at least for us it's cutting off the last minute thirty. We've tried re-uploading and nothing is changing. Working it out with Vimeo, but we'll extend the view time for those who haven't been able to check it out yet. Thanks for being patient!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, quite a bit of time since my last post, lots of logging and reviewing film since my last update. We have one more shoot coming up in NY this weekend and then finally Cone mills, which we are very excited for. Trying to stay on track with our timeline, hopefully things dont get pushed back, but id like to think if they do its for good reason. stay tuned...

• 4 weeks later...

Feverishly editing.....

hopefully this new post over at rawrdenim.com holds you all over while we work to get this thing out! It's pretty much a condensed version of this thread with a little more on Gordon and some gems here and there, but a good read...

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/05/update-from-warp-and-weft-a-raw-denim-documentary/

• 1 month later...

It turns out our initial "release" date of right about now was a little ambitious, we had some last-minute setbacks with Cone that were unexpected. We are still editing at a feverish pace and are anxious for you all to see the film, we will get this to you all as soon as we can, definitely before the end of summer. Thank you all for your patience, no one is more excited for you all to see this film than we are!

At this moment it is pre-order only, only because we are still kicking around distribution ideas. We are planning on entering some festivals with it, which will most likely delay any sort of release in an online or brick and mortar store, but at this moment those are just ideas. Sorry, I wish I had a more solid answer for you, i'll be better able to answer that in a month...

• 1 month later...

Soon, soon I promise! As i'm sure you've read there have been a couple setbacks, but i'm getting out as fast as I can! So far so good...

Thanks for being patient everyone I know it's been a long wait, but I guess if you think about it a year from initial idea to completion for a film is pretty quick?

Edited by DFreshLeish

Don't sweat it man..

I can appreciate that sometimes we're a little ambitious with our projections.

All good things are worth waiting for.

keep on keeping on.

• 1 month later...

FINALLY! Some good freakin news! Sorry it's been a while guys, but i'm happy to say that I will be hand delivering copies of the film at the IH/SE Party next month, and putting the rest in the mail the day before! A couple tiny kinks to work out and then we're good to go!

Thanks to everybody for being so patient, I know it'll be worth the wait!

I'm going to bring a lot of copies to the party, but If you know for a fact you'll be there, send me a PM just to make sure I have a copy for you with your name on it.

Very excited for you all to see it, I really hope it enhances this small community we are care about so much.