Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim in the United States (Documentary!)

DFreshLeish

No worries guys, the LA ethusiasts shoot kind of got scrapped as a suitable location became hard to find. Sorry for everyone that originally signed up for it, I promise if we can make it back out there we will let you know and make it happen!

Can't wait to see this film!!!

How are you guys going to release it? 1000 theatre international extravaganza? Straight to DVD? Posted on this forum? Youtube?

Thanks! It's slightly up in the air how it will be released at this very moment other than reserving copies now through us. I can say that we will be participating in film festivals with it. We are contemplating have some content online, but we want to make sure it is fair to the people who pre-ordered a copy, although I can say that there will be extras that come with the physical versions. So even if it does make it online in some form, it will not have everything that the physical copies will. We will be planning a screening near Washington DC where we live, and try for the areas we travelled, ie San Francisco, Loas Angeles, and New York. Nothing crazy, just a fun little get together... I will definitely keep you all posted as those details develop.

Maybe we can convince Anders to come to a screening here in the US. I hear he's working on something pretty cool, maybe it'll be ready in time... ;)

will ringring's face be in the final film or is he destined to be the banksy of the denim community?

also can we buy this on bluray disc?

ringring's face will not be in the final film, but his personal experiences with denim will be, as well as a lot of views and opinions, which will be neat for both veteran and new enthusiasts...

DVD and Blu Ray are both available for pre order, and will also be available once the film is finished. Check my sig for ideas...

Edited by DFreshLeish

I hope you can sort some kind of radiohead donate-anything-to-watch-through-our-website type deal. This is a not-for-profit film right? Are you guys students or something? Obviously you know what your doing, coz the footage so far is ace, but I guess your not in league with Hollywood too.

Anyway, I hope you can work it so it can have the widest viewership possible :)

Yeah, that idea is also being tossed around, we definitely would like to get this out to as many people as possible. This film is definitely not-for-profit, we would have to sell quite a few DVDs to turn any money, but even if we did that money will go to a part two of the film in Japan next spring. Only of course if this film is well-received.

Not sure if it would help at all at this point as it seems you guys have wrapped with shooting for the moment, but is there anyway I could give a few dollars to the cause? Or at least pre-order a blu-ray or something? :)

Screenshot2012-02-29at25423PM.jpg

I want this shirt that hombre's wearing. I have been looking for a decent BPP shirt since my soledad brothers shirt is falling apart.

nice pics again...can´t wait for the final vid!

why is ringring´s face blurred out btw.? is he some kind of superhero, like spider-man or batman and no one´s allowed to see how he really looks?...

My guess: overblown personality.

If it is indeed Renzo, he's got even less reason to undisclose his identity now that he is without a job...

Anyhow, it keeps people entertained - consider it free entertainment.

I wouldn't put ringring as an overblown personality, but sometimes people prefer some privacy. We are lucky that ringring every so often shares some denim knowledge with us.

yea i dunno about the "overblown" personality - actually i don't even know what that means - is that a good thing? but so many of us post on waywt and other threads with our faces blurred/covered all the time. so maybe we all have this "overblown"ness.

also, imho, ringring is probably the most knowledgeable person on the singular topic of denim on sufu, which is to say he knows his shit. so maybe he knows so much because he works in the industry and does not want to be known by his employer or whatever.

Maybe we can convince Anders to come to a screening here in the US. I hear he's working on something pretty cool, maybe it'll be ready in time... ;)

Just let me know in advance, D, and I'll give it a shot at coming for sure. Everything will be ready very soon; talking days :) I'll mail you later.

Andy

My guess: overblown personality.

If it is indeed Renzo, he's got even less reason to undisclose his identity now that he is without a job...

Anyhow, it keeps people entertained - consider it free entertainment.

Renzo? If you're referring to Renzo Rosso, no he has not lost his job. He's still the president (and founder) of the Diesel Group.

Edited by kiya

• 2 weeks later...

gah! wish i made it to one of the filmings...regardless, looks like an amazing project so far!

edit: forgot to mention, if you guys ever decide to do an international version (denim in japan, etc.) let me know, i'd be down to translate/travel ;)

Edited by aho

^^Sweet! Music is Cool - who is it?

Nice Work Guys!

The band is Cake if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about the song.

Edited by BoBSLeDBoB

Super stoked to finish the film and get this to you all, there truly are so many unique insights and just plain cool things we've captured. About 80% done with filming, so still on track for the projected late-may/early-June release.

Finally someone posts a shirt pic!!!