I have no idea how I have managed to amass -1100 rep. I've only made 5 posts! Please explain this to me. and is this the appropriate place for this?

browse all the threads to get a feel of how things work here. questions like this belong in the 'small question thread'. everyone is trying their best to prevent this place from becoming cluttered with unnecessary threads rendering it unsearchable, so please post when appropriate.

^^exactly, avoid making threads that have been done before. use the search bar for questions you have, although you can't search in the new 5.0 layout for now.

can is ee my rep at all now? i want my real acct back (but i like my new avatar more(

Just put your mouse pointer over your username. The number in green is your rep (10 rep for you). You can't see any of the comments other sufu users left before 5.0 yet, as they haven't figured out how to display that info yet. It's still in the databases, but for now only your number of rep is shown.

lol I have -4000 neg rep kinda cool

edit, I just went through all my posts, don't see a neg rep. could be a glitch?

Edited by OTL

i am the king of neg rep, welcome to my dominion brother.

lol, hey its the guy who negs every one of my posts!

seriously low post members, neg rep is something long time members just use to circle jerk themselves with & "attack" noobs. dont worry about it.

not true... im more likely to neg someone who has been here a while and is still annoying or ignorant. or dresses worse than me.

Is there any way to find out why the rep is negative? should i avoid a transaction with someone that has -4000 rep points or is it just a popularity thing?

that's a difficult question to answer. just do a little research on the user your planning to buy from, then judge for yourself.

besides every transaction has a certain amount of inherent risk. it's just that the established members don't want to ruin their reputation on the board (and i don't mean that solely expressed in the rep number)

surely the rep system would work better if it incorporated your current reputation points?

something like your reputation points divided by the number of active comments, translating to how much rep you give out for every +/- rep

(r/c) = r (when you rep)

10,000 (rep) / 500 (comments) = +/- 20 rep points every time you rep

obviously just a thought, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to incorporate into the rep system.

Edited by jackg

also please bring back rep comments!

i love you all but i just negged out the entire thread on principle

well, it's my first visit in a year or more (since v4 introduction that sucked), i have only 8 posts and can't find them (yeah, that's how sufu search works) and my rep is -2403. epic win

1. Reps should show both - and + numbers

2. Reps should be hidden until the viewer votes on it. Too many sheep just follows the herd.

The herd mentality in this place is pathetic. Original ideas get slagged in favor of mass-appeal.

Negged repped you.

i negged cause the guy above me did

Edited by SSchadenfreude