I want to wash my Levi's STFs , are they ready??

homi29

I got these last Nov, and ive been wearning them on and off, not paying that much attention to them

they were cold soaked for a few hours when i first got them, and since have not been washed at all. They have a little fading/wear and contrasting, but the whiskers/honeycombs dont like to stick around even with starch

im working on other projects and id like a lighter colored summer jean, so i wanna wash these, 2 questions

1) Do they look ready or should i hold off?

2)how should i wash them for optimal results. I know some of the STFs on here came out pretty poorly, but then again ive seen a couple great pairs too , for the price i can always get another pair easily, so its mainly just an experiment for me

pics are normal natural lighting, dark spots are due to a little undried starch

stfnatural.jpg

stfnatural2.jpg

stfresize.jpg

they don't look very worn at all, and there's not much creasing. i'd hold off.

re: your starching... hang them up in the bathroom or wherever, spray starch all over the backs of the knees and the lap. let them hang for 15 minutes or so, then put them on, walk around the house a bit, and sit down on your couch and watch a movie. you will certainly have set creases when the credits roll..

thanks for the tip, im pretty impatient with these becuase im wearing my nudies more, and i have some apcs waiting in the wings, but i suppose even if i dont care about these that much its better to treat them properly and wash when ready..

when i do wash them, whats a good technique for STFs, i know they lose ALOT of color

how loose are they?

when you finally wash them use little to no detergent.

and very cold water.

hell if you have the drive hand wash em in a bucket of ice water.

good luck.

how loose are they?

when you finally wash them use little to no detergent.

and very cold water.

hell if you have the drive hand wash em in a bucket of ice water.

good luck.

they're only a little lose

i got my true size (Before shrinking) when i got em.

should i try to buy some specialty soaps, or just use regular tide.. either way i dont think ill use too much of either cleaning liquid

I think washing them would be a waste. Personally, I'd try and do some hand distressing just to see how it comes out. These are pretty much going to be a throwaway pair anyway, since you have both Nudie and APC in the pipeline. Might as well experiment a bit...

I think washing them would be a waste. Personally, I'd try and do some hand distressing just to see how it comes out. These are pretty much going to be a throwaway pair anyway, since you have both Nudie and APC in the pipeline. Might as well experiment a bit...

i wouldnt mind trying, but i know nothing about how to distress them?

I don't know too much about it, but I did some artificial wear on my RRDS. I got a bit tired of them cuz I got them too large, and was getting impatient :P

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8303/dscn0623small9ip.jpg

I already had the whiskers and such set in. Yours don't seem to have much in that area, so you should probably starch them a good amount and do whatever it takes to get them to form. From there, I pretty much just took a wet cloth, sat down, and just rubbed down from my upper thigh until about my knee. Or you could just sandpaper to them and go a bit more extreme :P

started off picking up some violin works (stravinsky, prokofiev) that i wanted to check out without buying yet. was hunting amongst the stacks, hence the kneeling. also looked through the jazz section, borrowed a collection of philip larkin's reviews and articles on jazz.

I've been meaning to gather feedback as to washing my 501XXs as well, just never felt the need to make a whole new topic for it. How bout it lads, think it's wash time? I know they're nothing compared to my Sugarcane 47s, but I've had my fun with them and would like to still keep them to beat, just don'twant too much indigo loss. They have about 7 months of wear, some light sanding on the thighs from griptape follies.

p62807630um.jpg

p62807612ex.jpg

started off picking up some violin works (stravinsky, prokofiev) that i wanted to check out without buying yet. was hunting amongst the stacks, hence the kneeling. also looked through the jazz section, borrowed a collection of philip larkin's reviews and articles on jazz.

nice. i'm a jazz trumpet player myself. then i produced hip hop for a while.

if you are looking for transcribed jazz violin, try stephane grappelli, he's dope.

nice. i'm a jazz trumpet player myself. then i produced hip hop for a while.

if you are looking for transcribed jazz violin, try stephane grappelli, he's dope.

got plenty of grappelli in mp3s. he's such a charmer on the fiddle! in fact i've just scoured up an old VHS tape of a live in vienna concert, and copied it onto a dvd to add to my collection.

do you play professionally?

got plenty of grappelli in mp3s. he's such a charmer on the fiddle! in fact i've just scoured up an old VHS tape of a live in vienna concert, and copied it onto a dvd to add to my collection.

do you play professionally?

never played horn professionally (as in doing it fulltime). almost impossible to do, even in nyc. i used to produce music professionally though, but not anymore. you in music school?

or that black bandana can get you tied up, paddled and then loved ruff-tuff style.

Jeepers, that's quite a thought, but luckily I live in L.A., where if they wanted to do those things to each other, they'd just ask each other instead of resorting to purchasing every bandana under the sun. I'd almost be scared to ask how you know about such practices, but no worries, not a homophobe or gaybasher in any sense.

Why so little creasing? Don't u ever sit down?

back at school i had no place to put them, so id always just fold em and throw em in a corner...

that obviously fucked with the creases, but i didnt care THAT much since they were stfs

If I were you krispy I'd starch the fugg out of the honeycombs and bottom cuffs and around to the knee and wear them to death another couple months ..

Front thighs look nice - honesycombs look to be just getting started

• 5 years later...