TOP 10 : Graffiti writters...

mighty_dope

speaking of graff, i been tryin' to figure out what this T says... I can make out "welcome to los angles" and F Ü C T, but i can' t decifer what the rest says. this shirt is ill. I want to buy it but I want to know what it says first.

WELCOMETOL.jpg

Where can i get this tee??

Cheer

I wouldn't rock a shirt like that unless I was down with 13th street.

But on another note...

Can't have a thread like this without giving respect to the fallen kings Like:

AYER (LTS)

TIE (THR)

NACE

HEC

VE (FTR)

SEDI (RFC)

ARGUE (RFC)

SEUS (RTD)

BORE (HOD DFM)

and middle school NYC chrushers like:

SLASHER (FTR)

NOXER (DOD)

DINK (PBS)

JEST (TVT)

JD (BTW)

OJAE (FYC)

RYNO (KGB)

DEXA (DFT)

ARMIA

NATO (RA)

SIDE (RTD)

SCANT (RTD)

KEL (5MH)

SABE (KST)

That's more than 10, but I don't think any have been mentioned

I know this is a superlist But I was wondering if anyone can tell me why Graffiti is one of the four elements of hip hop. I understand that Dj's make the breaks for Bboys and beats for Emcees but what do the taggers do that inegrate into the culture?

Dondi

Rammellzee (overlooked far too often, in my opinion)

Futura (for better or for worse, largely responsible for the legitimization of writing as an 'art')

Tats Cru (i don't care what any ignorant fuckface says about the Cru; come to the Bx and try to find a wall that they haven't touched. writers grow older and have to feed their families too- i respect them still, and always will)

Reas

Espo

Neckface (in my opinion, this is what graffiti needs to be in the future. he gets up ten times faster/better than most writers around these days, but has a street art sensibility. anyone who disrespects Neck is a dinosaur unable to deal with change.)

Zephyr

Jest

Ghost

Neck Face is a fucking pussy. My boy was at the skatespot under the Manhattan Bridge one night when NF was doing a piece and he started clowning him. True story, he called him a faggot, toy, said his style was whack, the whole 9. This dude Neck Face didn't do SHIT. And he was pretty deep. After I heard that... forget it. No respect. He gets up, but he's a fucking herb.

Neck Face is a fucking pussy. My boy was at the skatespot under the Manhattan Bridge one night when NF was doing a piece and he started clowning him. True story, he called him a faggot, toy, said his style was whack, the whole 9. This dude Neck Face didn't do SHIT. And he was pretty deep. After I heard that... forget it. No respect. He gets up, but he's a fucking herb.

Not for nothing, but that's so beyond fucking retarded. In my book, his keeping calm, finishing his work, and walking away without even acknowledging that your boy exists is worth more respect than your boy being an obnoxious little shit. God I hate shit talkers. Is your boy up worldwide? Did your boy make his name known by making his name seen? Negative, dude.

Plus, Neck rolls with Satan, and you can't fuck with Satan. Your boy just caught AIDS.

speaking of graff, i been tryin' to figure out what this T says... I can make out "welcome to los angles" and F Ü C T, but i can' t decifer what the rest says. this shirt is ill. I want to buy it but I want to know what it says first.

WELCOMETOL.jpg

looks like pichação x the ethiopian alphabet to me. biters

• 3 weeks later...

WELCOMETOL.jpg

this shirt says "FUCT centrolos endtime stoner villian <ganga> thirteen fuct brand"

KUMA is killing shit ALL across the us..

For real. Anyway, here's my list in no real order...

Deth KUK/FTL/TKO

MQ DMS

Norm MSK/AWR

Adios TKO

Steel MSK

Nekst PCF/DTS

Twist THR

ORFN US/BKF

Abno PIGS

Germs EMT

Maybe I'm just historically ignorant, but I'm mainly into what is/has been happening in the SF Bay Area in more recent years. It's just more appealing to me.

For real. Anyway, here's my list in no real order...

Deth KUK/FTL/TKO

MQ DMS

Norm MSK/AWR

Adios TKO

Steel MSK

Nekst PCF/DTS

Twist THR

ORFN US/BKF

Abno PIGS

Germs EMT

Maybe I'm just historically ignorant, but I'm mainly into what is/has been happening in the SF Bay Area in more recent years. It's just more appealing to me.

very nice list there...sf bay area shit had always been a huge influence for me..last time i traveled out there about a year ago, adios, caveman, walker, and pretty much all of pcf (nekst, vizie, cake, smoke, kerse, plus others) had shit on lock.

how does that make you lose respect for a person? take your goddamn caveman mentality elsewhere dude... that shits pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...