Whites SD's

f3e421eb.jpg

Timberland Abington Hiker Boots

5bcc4eee.jpg

Dr Martens Valin

6cd1b280.jpg

Grenson Fred

IMG_0856.jpg

And I'm waiting on a pair of almost new Wolverine Moc Toes, bought from eBay for £30 yesterday.

^ Yeah, I know...

^ Well, similar to the fact that supershopper also has a leather thread then :)

I know that there must be a few more guys like me who really only browse superdenim...

More denim/workwear/military/repro oriented footwear in the newer one?

Not so much for sneakers?

I will probably get flamed for this, but I really don't understand the reason for this thread. There are plenty of footwear discussion threads already, here and on the other subforums. Why does superdenim need its own thread on everything? If anything, most people in superdenim need to expand their horizons a little, rather than withdraw into their denim niche.

^

Perhaps some of us have tried out a few different things and eventually landed where we are most comfortable?

I wouldn't call it a 'withdraw' - if you find something you are sincerely passionate about, why not actively pursue it?

I reckon most folks who post in superdenim are quite capable of deciding upon their own interests, and have developed a genuine fascination with the ageing of denim & leather.

Why can't superdenim have it's own WAYWT footwear/advice thread - surely it has more value than a lot of the other threads scattered about?

We're here for discussion & pictures - surely a thread with even more shoe pron can't be a bad thing ;)

A lot of folks like to question the validity of this or that, but hey, it's an internet forum...why not kick back & relax, read the threads that you want to read, ignore the ones you don't fancy.

Anyway, Viberg 66 hiker from a couple weeks back:

scaled.php?server=221&filename=p8090098.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=84&filename=p8090133.jpg&res=medium

^

Why can't superdenim have it's own WAYWT footwear/advice thread - surely it has more value than a lot of the other threads scattered about?

We're here for discussion & pictures - surely a thread with even more shoe pron can't be a bad thing ;)

A lot of folks like to question the validity of this or that, but hey, it's an internet forum...why not kick back & relax, read the threads that you want to read, ignore the ones you don't fancy.

But doesn't making yet another shoes thread, or a separate superdenim thread on a range of topics, contribute to threads being scattered about?

I completely agree with Mr HaGa to be honest. I originally suggested that the other thread should be a general, all purpose shoe and boot thread, but other people weren't too happy with that....so here we are with this thread, which is valid and is relevant, simply because it's a niche part of SUFU and is relevant to that niche.

As for the people who post here needing to expand their horizons, that I cant agree on. Being perfectly honest I don't like much of the rest of SUFU, it's just not my taste. Each to their own eh? Plus, the one time I did post in a shoe thread on Supershopper, asking about Red Wings I think, I was greeted with the response "Does this look like fucking Superdenim?".

I completely agree with Mr HaGa to be honest. I originally suggested that the other thread should be a general, all purpose shoe and boot thread, but other people weren't too happy with that....so here we are with this thread, which is valid and is relevant, simply because it's a niche part of SUFU and is relevant to that niche.

As for the people who post here needing to expand their horizons, that I cant agree on. Being perfectly honest I don't like much of the rest of SUFU, it's just not my taste. Each to their own eh? Plus, the one time I did post in a shoe thread on Supershopper, asking about Red Wings I think, I was greeted with the response "Does this look like fucking Superdenim?".

The contribution to the 'shoes...' thread of the people who were whining is minimal, at best. It's a shame that this thread isn't merged with that thread, as it's all about footwear...I couldn't care less about engineer boots and semi-dress, but the main thread is/was diverse enough for everyone to post and if you don't like, then simply don't comment!

Of course, you could also cross-post anything that might be of interest... ;)

Agree with the second point, too. Having ventured into other parts of the site, I can safely say that I'm quite happy on this side of the fence...

Start a new thread, then!

The idea of this thread was to turn people on to shoes that look better with age. THey don't all have to be old already. But... this title also implies that we don'tonly want shiny photos of "my latest purchase'. It's exaclt;y the same with denim; the first half dozen photos of a new model are informative... then it all become blah, at least until they're nice and worn in.

Sorry CTB, but the suggestion to start this thread originally came from Paul T (in response to me asking for the thread title to be changed to Boots and Shoes thread).

Pauls contribution is MAJOR on the "shoes...." thread, and he is a guy who I have a lot of respect for his knowledge on this subject and many other subjects too. I do disagree with him about the above though, to me it's all relevant, and as you say "if you don't like it don't comment".