Shooting people in the face saved my life

DüM

So what do you guys think about the new CSS update that came out a week or so ago? Folks in the pubs were kinda bitching, but it's whatever. My main complaint is that the para is basically a sniper now.... it's ridiculous.

Anyone have suggestions on fun pubs to play in? Or actually people/clans to scrim with? Although I'm just getting back into CSS, I find that scrims are way better practice than fucking around in pubs.

i cant shoot galil anymore after update

u dont get better in pubs

get an esea account, u can pug/scrim 5v5 all day

chea, I read someone saying that before.

I'll be getting both games.

I like how war-ish BF3 feels it's just unfortunate we're limited to 24 on console.

feels like BF requires more effort teamwork than CoD, but I'm also just real new to how it works.

It's just that in CoD if there's 2-3 of us decent players talking to eachother on one team we're going to rape any randoms we run into. playing MW with two clans/parties is really fun though.

DL'ing dat bf3 beta just to see wat gameplay is like

but yea most likely gonna cop mw3

psn: dranoelsy

yeah, we knew we'd all end up brobocopping MW3. I'm still copping BF3 though. CoD can't (and shouldnt) replicate the scale of BF3. I like a lot of the elements and I can see myself liking them more on an even bigger less linear map w/ vehicles in the mix and shit.

CoD is about tighter, faster, shit-talkinger gameplay.

I fucking hated rush in bc2 and I still donut like, this map just isn't that great either. But I really like the physics of the game. parkour wall jumps all dei mane.

Iono, I guess you could say it wasn't the COD killer everyone thought it would be. Thing is, it is beta, and they didn't show the destructible environments at all either(with the exception of the wooden boards/glass windows) which was a huuuuge disappointment for me. I really wanted to see how they improved it since it was AMAZING in bc2

To be fair, I don't think this beta will do the full game justice at all. The only thing that seemed to be upgraded was the physics and graphics, and the latter doesn't even matter on consoles. Everything else felt like a downgrade from bc2 imo. I doubt that DICE is just going to leave it like...this.

#stillbelieve

If Rush were the only gametype for BF3 I wouldn't even consider purchasing. It's a linear choke point meat grind. Conquest is what Battlefield is all about. As long as the scale of the conquest maps is on par with BF2 I'll be happy. I can't wait to play Gulf of Oman on this engine.

I really don't understand the BF3 vs. MW3 mentality. I'll be copping both. With the hours I will likely sink into each, they are both beyond value for money. I played MW2 to death, then I got into BC2 to mix shit up for a while. Then went back to MW2. They're both very different, very excellent, shooters. Why limit yourself to one?

Did someone say PC with max settings?

Battlefield 3 Beta: Test scene

Our test is simple: We're starting at the city, running down the bank near the water for 20 seconds (logged by Fraps). This scene on the Metro map sports a wide view distance, particle effects and, as a result of the sprint, streaming. Indoors the frame rates are about 30 to 50 percent higher. Since we're using the latest drivers from AMD and Nvidia, the Catalyst 11.10 Preview and Geforce 285.38, these results are state-of-the-art.

Battlefield 3 Beta: GPU benchmarks

GPU power is everything: Although Battlefield 3 shines with excellent multicore scaling (inherited by Bad Company 2), the firefights on typical systems and resolutions are completely GPU-bound. You'll need a high-end graphics card for fluent gameplay in Full-HD with 4x MSAA, post effects and 16:1 AF.

Full article here: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,847209/Battlefield-3-Beta-18-Radeon-and-Geforce-cards-SLI-und-Crossfire-benchmarked/Practice/

bf3_benchmarks_1.png

bf3_benchmarks_2.png

Idk if I really want to now. I got my taste. It plays rather smooth but at the same time it felt a bit clunky. I thought lighting was also pretty good, but the graphics had a sort of choppiness too. Like Royale said, this'll be like a game that I'd play a couple weeks till the MW release, then toss to the side and probably only touch it after about a year and half of MW grinding. I'd rather save my money for some other game this season.

so what ps3 bros are copping BF3? been playing again today and I def really like this

I feel the same way, i started out like meh, then it really grew on me.

Still can't stand rush tho. baffles me why they didn't choose Conquer since that was bc2's best game type.

really excited to see what the final game looks like.