Shooting people in the face saved my life

DüM

one of the reasons i don't like BF is the squad shit, how can you act as a team when you can only communicate with 4 people at a time, also hit detection and recoil is kind of fucked up, gives it a shooting gallery sort of feel, camping really outweighs gun game if you want a solid K/D

It'd be a fucking noise mess if they let you talk to everyone, in squad is enough to organize an attack if you have squadmates that dont short out keyboards with drool.

This is me playing a very aggressive run and gun just 20 mins ago, I dont really give a shit about my k/d as long as I'm over 2 I feel like I'm doing more than pulling my weight.

YsFWL.png

mann fuck

im running towards the B mcom spot in the first area then all of a sudden i start sinking into the grass (by the rocks right across B). i wasnt able to get out so i had to suicide lol. happens right by A also

^ Magnum Maglites!

just gonna leave this here

- PS3 -

034936 – skoh12

Begåvningsreserven - Blodsmak

Bigyen – RAMBOSegal

dotpichu - dotpichu

DÜM – majorwaves

funkdoobi - funkdoobi

icandunkonu – overtime626

homi29 - cosigned

Hocus Pocus - dimes of hard

iGit – Rrronson

jizzimmy - wavetest

Lozinski - Lozinski

okonomi - The_Andrew

pokpok - sprintertrueno86

Phyziks - Phyziks

raulishere – raulishere

ROYALEFATALE – Royalefatale

selbsttatig – selbsttatig

semaj - Wasanasan

showbiz00ditc - extrAndrew

sgt_H - xlazymx

Solix – SolixTanaka

deadendpro- deadendpro

- XBOX -

AstroWolf – KILLxALLxHUMANS

Baeyer-Drewson - BaeyerDrewson

beezup – S3nD H3lPx

Bislane - Bislane

chchchip – bluebeard4

dfaus – sloppyjoemorgan

eversuns – indierokkr

Faded – pissin blood

Ichiban – Ich1ban v2

insidertrading – bravoturkey

kidaradio – kidaradio

ko – Jumbominibar

LetsGetSerious - x4163

m0t3d – TRuM0t3D

nimo112 - nimo112

raulishere – ray diat0r

renski – ren nasty

selaviso - ebxx

sycamore no more - SATANOMENDEATH

unfuccwittable - BackgammonJones

Wesley Pipes – Really Doe

fixed.

Getting psyched for BF3. Been waiting since BF2 since everything but BC2 multiplayer has been a letdown. BF2142 was kind of cool but it was like the tiberian sun of the red alert series. Really stoked to use the DAO-12 with flechette rounds.

Currently downloading the beta for PC. PC > PS3&XBOX as far as multiplayer goes.

Sup bobby, when do you get your ps3 back?

Got around to downloading the BF3 demo for PC yesterday.

Fucking infuriating that you can't set binds without a hex editor, and even then its still a pain in the ass.

...otherwise, pretty rad.

Sup PC bros. :D

http://kotaku.com/5847615/battlefield-3s-caspian-border-opens-to-pc-beta-testers-starting-today

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7, in the afternoon (CET)," according to the blog post.

Been a while since I've been here

Didn't notice this threak.

Been playing the BF3 beta on the Xbox and on my crappy 4 year old laptop. Realised that it isn't worth robocopping a new PC for due to the lack of challenge and gimped features. It doesn't even have a third of the wow-factor that BF1942 or 2 did when they were released.

So, gonna stick with the Xbox.

25qc9a9.jpg

It has since dropped to 71/4, hitting a peak of 71/3. Only playing to get dem wins. Got MVP/2/3 in like 80% of my games. K/D is suffering as a result, but still hovering at 2.1.

DICE weren't lying when they said it'd be hard to master.

Never lost on defence playing Metro.

It doesn't even have a third of the wow-factor that BF1942 or 2 did when they were released.

Sounds like you're playing on an console or a crappy PC. Have you played on a Caspian Border server yet? Everyone does realize this is a beta not a demo right?

Sounds like you're playing on an console or a crappy PC. Have you played on a Caspian Border server yet? Everyone does realize this is a beta not a demo right?

Playing on a console.

Like I said, got a crappy 4-year-old laptop and I have been on Caspian, albeit briefly. However, even Caspian is a poorly designed CQ map where all of the flags are bunched up together in one area to make it a clusterfuck.

Was planning on building a new PC for it when it was announced. Scrapped that plan as it isn't worth it.

This beta is effectively a demo since no public beta testing is actually happening. The only thing being tested is stress/load on the Battlelog system and DICE/EA's servers.

All that superficial stuff doesn't mean much when the core gameplay is already set. Besides, the game as a whole is gimped. Squads and VOIP only via Battlelog? Having to relaunch the game or tab out every time you join a new server, having to use battlelog to launch the game.

I knew BF2 was going to be great just before it was released. BF3 is BC2 with prettier visuals and bigger maps. Not saying that's a horrible thing. But it's not new PC good.

The only thing I'm missing out on is seeing all the maps from B2K rendered gloriously.

so in other words, this game is barely playable on your 4-year-old laptop

Get a reasonable 15-20FPS out of it, which is more than the 0 I was expecting.

That isn't the point though. You don't seem to get it.

The game isn't anything special. It has gimped features. The complexity threshold is much lower than previous BF games.

The only thing that separates it and makes it better is how pretty it is. That is not a good enough reason to build a new PC. If the game was outstanding in every aspect and guaranteed at least 500 hours of play as previous Battlefield titles have. Then yeah, I'd go with it.

But it doesn't.

shit, how did I miss this thread...

played the bf beta today and it seemed better after getting used to it a bit. but still, I don't think its my thing. I have so little time to play nowadays that I'll probably just cop mw3.

speaking of which, looks alright but a bit confusing. hopefully they didn't over do it. the new strike/streak system has potential I think, I hope it'll emphasize the game targets more.

bFWu_xMIa1o

yesssssssssssssss.

this is not really CS :(

tN93xXfews4

this is more like CoD tho

looks like they changed the recoil and dynamics to make it more noob-friendly

molotov cocktail = lol

i want my 1.5 back :mad:

where is my WONID

looks like they changed the recoil and dynamics to make it more noob-friendly

With the latest update, the guns have dramatically changed. AWP, Scout, and all pistols are significantly less accurate. The ability to strafe and kill with the scout is virtually gone.

Granted, I just started playing about a month ago for the first time since '05-'06, but I've actually gotten worse than where I was a couple weeks ago. It's noticeably more difficult to hit your target.... I can't hit shit with the deagle or scout anymore, and that was my go-to combo.

I just find it ridiculous that the purpose of the latest update was to decrease the accuracy of the above mentioned weapons, yet people can now snipe with the fucking para from across the map. I don't get it???

Maybe I'm just bitching, but I've got some major complaints. Not only did the update fuck my game up, but also my gameplay.

Just as an update to the community, we will be receiving a number of beta keys from Valve to distribute to the ESEA community over the next few weeks and we are working with them to secure beta accounts for and feedback sessions with all CS 1.6 and CSS invite division players along with other activities.

yay for my beta key. ill let you know how it is from a competitive 1.6 standpoint i guess

Played through an entire rotation of the 64-player conquest maps this evening. It's the first FPS release in a long time that hasn't left me disappointed. I thought this reviewer summed it up nicely,

In a way, your choice should be simple. If solo play is your primary motivator, then it's hard to recommend Battlefield 3 as anything more than an audio-visual treat. The times where Battlefield 3 does its damnedest to go toe-to-toe with Call of Duty are the times it stumbles the hardest. But when DICE is doing what it's always done best, Battlefield 3 is a uniquely mesmerizing multiplayer game with a seemingly endless number of ways to feel like a success. It's not revolutionary, but it's the best Battlefield game, and that's saying a lot.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/24/battlefield-3-review-squad-score-bonus/