whats your favorite 10 clothing labels?

edwin

hello burcu and welcome to supertalk...I'm pretty new myself...wassup in Turkey? Killed any chickens lately? (LAME...)

A word of advice though, I know you want everybody's full attention but izit ok if you do not type in all caps in future? It says a lot about you but let's not go there...

who the fuck do I think I am anyway telling you what to do? Maybe I should just shut up...but I'm a dickhead! That's what I do when I'm bored!

Anyway it'd be much appreciated if you heed my advice. thanks.

I hate everything and everyone.

Quote:

Dior homme

¨Dolce gabbana, D&G and &

Armani, Giorgio, Emporio, Jeans

Diesel

Lacoste

MARTIN MARGIELA

DKNY

Ralph Lauren

Gucci

D2

--- Original message by warpppppp on Nov 8, 2004 05:07 AM

wow...never thought I'd actually see a list like that in these boards. You're the first with all mainstream designers and brands on your favourite lists!

Quote:

posted: Jun 28, 2004 04:01 AM          msg. 64 of 87

recon

futura laboratories

supreme

subware

LRG

nike (kicks)

project dragon

bape

zoo york

This fella is dressed by basically the same dude. Is Stash your dad?

icon_smile_clown.gificon_smile_clown.gif

--- Original message by corrosion o conformity on Oct 14, 2004 07:50 PM

Yeah you know him?

m[t]h

cotr.digital.division

in.search.of.liberation

Edited by m_t_h on Nov 8, 2004 at 09:22 AM

Quote:

As far as I know his kids still eat with bibs.

--- Original message by corrosion o conformity on Nov 8, 2004 09:52 AM

haha

But seriously most of my gear does seem to be made by stash or futura. Is that un healthy?

Stash kicks ass yo.

m[t]h

cotr.digital.division

in.search.of.liberation

American Apparel -nobody beats these t's.

Levi's Premium

Adidas/Puma

Nice Collective

Dimension 7

E Label

Vintage Yves St. Laurent (1 smoking jacket and a black cashmere blazer)

Green Lady

Fiberops (Dope)

Any leather goods from Frye: Bags and boots

contact tyrone spencer e-mail [email protected]

i·con(imageconcepts)©

from supercult to superbrand: style forager trippin like voyager

image branding | fashion styling | personal wardrobing

Quote:

even your avatar is UNKLE...

--- Original message by dickhead on Nov 8, 2004 10:16 AM

Fuck UNKLE. The reason I buy FL etc is about respect for artists I admire and respect. I wan't to put money in the >pocket< of people like futura so they can feed their children. Not to add to the over inflated egos of people like Lavelle or Nigo. It's not about what's cool, trendy or exclusive. It's about supporting the things you love.

m[t]h

cotr.digital.division

in.search.of.liberation

Quote:

Dior Homme isn't mainstream quite yet.. most of the people that like it don't even own a single piece... but, yeah its becoming bigger and bigger.

But HOW is margiela a big label?

--- Original message by raijin on Nov 8, 2004 11:22 PM

I didn't mean every single label there dude. Dior Homme is prett well known though...I mean it is after all still a Christian Dior...

Margiela was one of the OG "Antwerp 6" from Belgium to hit the scene in the mid eighties and apprenticed to JP Gaultier--was one of the metadesigners to pioneer deconstructionism (outside of what the press thought at the time) and has been an underground cult force since 1989---he's not very mainstream and is known for keeping the press a bit at bay doing hardly any interviews save the ones that directly impact the serious inquiry of the fashion press regarding some of his collections. His thought and the creative direction for his house and the future of operating outside the boundaries of fashion and still being relevent is partly what brings him the following and status he has---In a word he's dope and is "one of the primarilly responsible" for a lot of the deconstructive trends we've seen over the last 6 years...

He cuts brilliantly and is without a doubt one of the most influential designers from a pure design perspective of the last part of the 20th century and the millenium...

i·con(imageconcepts)©

Edited by Bryanscott on Nov 9, 2004 at 09:39 AM

Mainstream or not, most of the labels on my list comes from italy and italian clothes are quite "mainstream" whatever that is. LImited edition and such crap doesn´t do it for me however alot of these "mainstreams" I listed are not staple either. on DH, the pricing of dior menswear is a safeguard for joeschmoe running around sporting mr slimanes creations, but the essence of style and the exclusiveness of "rareness" are not to be confounded with antimainstream or the pursuit of

esoteric avant garde and ultra hype.

Of course nice things comes in small numbers hence the deeming of mainstream as bad or commmon. Margiela for example works with these discarded pieces (second hand) from the "mainstreamers" and using them as raw material for his work, turning them into unique garments with -perhaps- a certain semblance of HC . Costeffectiveness, design and style in symbios.

icon_smile_evil.gificon_smile_evil.gificon_smile_evil.gificon_smile_evil.gificon_smile_evil.gificon_smile_evil.gif

Quote:

Dior Homme isn't mainstream quite yet.. most of the people that like it don't even own a single piece... but, yeah its becoming bigger and bigger.

But HOW is margiela a big label?

--- Original message by raijin on Nov 8, 2004 11:22 PM

Hey raijin* just replying to yur question on the post above---Do you think he's as much "a big label" as he is a visionary cult fave of a discerning fashion set?

---He's cool tho and his contribution is felt (trust) --but if there's one thing I've learned (and this goes out to warpppppp* as well) is that clothing, aside from the basic human need to clothe oneself, is pretty much open to interpretation--if it's relevent for you to rock Dior, clobber from Italy's mainstream or the supercult of the supercool...

(whatever that is at the moment...and I do mean moment)

Everybody's got their sumethin' man

BTW warpppppp* yur justification for the Dior Homme pricepoint is a perfect example of interpretation.

i·con(imageconcepts)©

Edited by Bryanscott on Nov 9, 2004 at 07:30 PM

Edited by Bryanscott on Nov 9, 2004 at 07:34 PM

i may have sent in my list earlier...

but it's changed since then.

Echo before Ecko - lots of buttons and things

Zoo York - that 70's guy

NikeSB Gear - standing line is fun

Ape - $50 pink camo boxers somehow work better than most

555 Soul - more buttons and things

PF Flyers - Bua is the new Futura, I swear

Oakley - not just Blades anymore. they have DENIM!

Element - because Independent is soooo last year. oh yeah BAM.

SHIT IS WACK