whats your favorite 10 clothing labels?

edwin

alpha industries (USA made shit only, new stuff is garbage)

schott bros.

levis

vans

clarks

pringle

adidas

propper

dickies

carhartt

cro mags t-shirts

oh yeah, and new era 59fifty fitted red sox hats.

Edited by ironskulls on May 25, 2005 at 09:52 PM

Edited by ironskulls on May 25, 2005 at 09:52 PM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Favourite brands (I own) - In order of preference

Costume National & C.N.C - (Suits, Polo, Jeans, Shoes)

Paul Smith - (Suits, Cufflinks, Sneakers)

Helmut Lang - (Pants)

Kenzo Homme (Shirts)

Martin Margiela (Shirts)

Evisu - (T Shirts, Jeans)

Sisley (Jeans, T-Shirts)

A|X - (Jeans, T-Shirts)

Gucci - (Belts, Ties)

Paciotti 4US - (Sneakers)

CK - (T-shirts, Polos)

Polo Ralph Laurens - (Polos)

Hugo Boss - (Belts, Shirts, Shoes)

Brands I like to own - in order of preference

Dior Homme

Commes Des Garcons ( icon_smile_big.gif just bought a couple of shirts and T-shirts from CDG icon_smile_cool.gif)

Dries Van Noten

Dsquared2

Paul & Joe

Ann Demeulemeester

Burberry Prorsum

Hogan

Tods

Edited by redstars on Jul 24, 2005 at 11:38 PM

Quote:

brown sound

altru

grn appletree

apc

levis vintage

we superlative

upper cut

brown sound

brown sound

brown sound

--- Original message by chaaaarlie on Jul 29, 2005 05:41 PM

you forgot brown sound...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Donnow really- so many out there...

Levi's Vintage is top dollar in jeans. Only one pair of Evisu's are cool- the military limiteds.

I mostly rock danish brands in tees- like Castle, WoodWood ( www.woodwood.dk '> www.woodwood.dk ).. I really advice everyone to drop by their shop in Copenhagen next time they're in town! Henrik Vibskov, Comme des Garcons. Yeah- me like!

Nike though, sometimes i can't figure out what they're trying to do, and other times I don't even have the time to try their tees on before I buy them.

Maharishi, Carhartt and Adidas got my love when it comes to jackets.

Sneaks: Nike(SB). Everybody loves 'em, and I feel fucking mainstream to put it on my list, but fuck it.. Adidas also got some nice old skool models- NOT the Superstars! The nice thing about Adidas is that the price tag doesn't have to match the sneaks/clothes. It's possible to find slammin' styles at affordable prices (Just a poor studenticon_smile.gif) Just picked up the Carlo Gruber in black on sale for 60$!

Vans old skool models for sure.

in no order

kenzo

earnest sewn jeans

vans slipons

minnie wilde

modern amusement

bape

Rei Kawakubo Comme Des Garcons (not that i can afford any of it)

neckface tshirts

nara tshirts

moongirl/handsome tigers tshirts (admittedly these are mine. but i made them because i love them.)

moongirl :: cute stuff for an ugly world

1. Nudie - yes, they are going mainstream and probably downhill, but at least for now, the quality of the denim used is great for the pricepoint (excepting the RRDS, which are ridiculously priced), and wears like iron.

2. The Cast - easily the best prints out there for tees and sweats.

3. Spruce - The best made hoodies on the market - great cuts, great designs, excellent construction, and decent pricepoint. I like all the CYC made stuff, but Spruce is by far my favorite.

4. Costume National Homme - Terrific outerwear and shirts - the collections are consistently good (though F/W 2001-2002 was exceptional)

5. Edun - I was prepared to hate this label, but it provides good, solid style at a pretty decent procepoint. The quality of the clothing is better than the parent Rogan, imo.

6. APC - Terrific jeans (of course) and great for basics and cool but understated accessories.

7. Adidas - for giving us consistently good kicks at consistently reasonable prices (even the premium stuff is reasonably affordable)

8. Engineered Garments - Americana redux. Daiki Suzuki digs through archives, and gets original manufacturers to make the originals even better than they used to be. The Engineered Garments quick release belt is pretty amazing too.

9. 5EP - just solid, solid, jeans. And a great Indigo sweatshirt.

10. Baltazar - the most rock and roll belts there are. Super trendy now, but I first saw them in about 2000 (when they first came out) and got my first one custom done 2 years ago, so mine is all soft and broken in while the followers have brand new, shiny ones...