How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Current Jeans I wear:

apc new cure (90% of the time)

flathead 3001

juicy couture mick black skinny overdyes (i got them for free, good fit, i dont care about quality on these, wear them once or twice a month)

Jeans I no longer wear/Pre sufu

15 pairs of lucky jeans in various cuts

a pair of diesel skinnys

2 pair of juicy couture skinnys

random pacsun brands

levi's 505

I only own 4 that matter:

Paper Denim & Cloth ? (dont know name)

Lee 101z Gold Label

Edwin Sen Zx

APC New Standards

Maybe if you bought a decent pair instead of cheap shit from bluenotes they'd last longer than a year.

Or I'd feel stupid for spending $300 on them when they lasted just as long.

Fabulaz: Good question. Mainly because I've been looking trying to find a decent peacoat and there happens to be a thread here with information.

Or I'd feel stupid for spending $300 on them when they lasted just as long.

Fabulaz: Good question. Mainly because I've been looking trying to find a decent peacoat and there happens to be a thread here with information.

Don't expect to get sympathy for that statement on this forum....especially since you've never had a pair of $300 jeans to make judgement.

it's weird, i am not a jeans geeks but have accumulated a bunch over the years (in rough chronological order of acquisition):

4 helmut lang

1 miu miu (1st gen)

2 dries (1st gen)

1 as four

1 random italian designer skinny blacks i got on sale

1 jean shop

1 crate

1 acne

3 neighborhood

3 uniqlo

0 apc (don't like them - heresy)

0 dior (the moment passed)

0 japanese repros (may be fixed next month during trip to japan)

this list makes me realize i need to clean out the closet

APC NS (Can't say no to some funky $15 gently used jeans)

Purple Dyed Levis 501 (Can't say no to some funky $20 jeans)

Ketchup Red Dyed levis 501(Again...can't say no to some funky $20 jeans)

Cheap Monday

Levis 511 and a 514

Gap ((Can't say no to some funky $13 jeans)

Paper & Denim (I'm not going to say no to $10 jeans that fit just right)

I'm cheap..what can I say?

Don't expect to get sympathy for that statement on this forum....especially since you've never had a pair of $300 jeans to make judgement.

I understand there's status and superior fit in an expensive pair of jeans, but for my own purposes, it's unnecessary to spend that much. I don't really think they'd be more durable. I've never had a problem with stitching or the like coming apart on my cheaper jeans (except for Gap), it's just a matter of them fading or wearing through the denim, which would happen with any pair of jeans, no matter the cost. I've tried on more expensive pairs, and seen nothing to indicate that they are of higher quality construction.

It's the status symbol in a name brand, nothing more, and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. Sure, I could afford it if I really wanted, but I don't. Nobody I know or see on the street cares what brand of jeans I wear. I don't particularly care, as long as they're comfortable and look good. I found that in a $60 pair of jeans. It's a personal choice, just as you choose to purchase and wear what you like.

I just know I'd regret it if I spent a couple hundred and then messed them up, so I'll just spare myself the regret and buy cheap jeans.

Not trying to start anything, just stating my view on things.

I understand there's status and superior fit in an expensive pair of jeans, but for my own purposes, it's unnecessary to spend that much. I don't really think they'd be more durable. I've never had a problem with stitching or the like coming apart on my cheaper jeans (except for Gap), it's just a matter of them fading or wearing through the denim, which would happen with any pair of jeans, no matter the cost. I've tried on more expensive pairs, and seen nothing to indicate that they are of higher quality construction. It's the status symbol in a name brand, nothing more, and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. Sure, I could afford it if I really wanted, but I don't. Nobody I know or see on the street cares what brand of jeans I wear. I don't particularly care, as long as they're comfortable and look good. I found that in a $60 pair of jeans. It's a personal choice, just as you choose to purchase and wear what you like.

Not trying to start anything, just stating my view on things.

have you ever had a pair of samurai or 45rpm in your hands? or maybe some onis or evisu no1? until you have, you have no perspective on this...

have you ever had a pair of samurai or 45rpm in your hands? or maybe some onis or evisu no1? until you have, you have no perspective on this...

If you put it that way, then no I don't. But tell me then, do $300 jeans last longer than $60 ones? And would I be more satisfied if I had them? Perhaps I would have the satisfaction of knowing and telling people I have this brand and they cost that much, but I'm not interested in that, so it's useless to me. But if expensive jeans are in fact better in some tangible, physical, useful way, you win.

Again, nothing against people who want to buy super nice jeans. Its their choice. I'm just gonna wear my bluenotes.

Trust me dude. I only have one pair of Nudies, but I would NEVER go back. Ever. I'm ordering some 3001s now, and all the work and wear and not washing is worth it. I don't even have my old jeans anymore, because they just don't compare.

I've had my Dry slim jims for 5 months now, and it's completely different from jeans from Quiksilver, Globe, or those surfer shit brands. But believe me, it's worth it. The look, the fit, the feel. I can't even imagine what it's like to have Onis or 45rpms.

Trust me dude. I only have one pair of Nudies, but I would NEVER go back. Ever. I'm ordering some 3001s now, and all the work and wear and not washing is worth it. I don't even have my old jeans anymore, because they just don't compare.

I've had my Dry slim jims for 5 months now, and it's completely different from jeans from Quiksilver, Globe, or those surfer shit brands. But believe me, it's worth it. The look, the fit, the feel. I can't even imagine what it's like to have Onis or 45rpms.

Well, I'll take your word for it. If you're right and I try a pair, I might get hooked, so for now I'll avoid taking that chance.:D

Gimmegimme: Point taken, you're right about that, but I was also taking your earlier comment into consideration when I made my post. Personally I just don't need expensive jeans, that's all. Maybe they are better. Doesn't matter to me, I just don't want to spend that much when I'm satisfied with my cheap ones.

If you put it that way, then no I don't. But tell me then, do $300 jeans last longer than $60 ones? And would I be more satisfied if I had them? Perhaps I would have the satisfaction of knowing and telling people I have this brand and they cost that much, but I'm not interested in that, so it's useless to me. But if expensive jeans are in fact better in some tangible, physical, useful way, you win.

are you stupid?

plus, onis samurais and 45rpms ARE going to be superior in a physical way. Cut, construction, indigo/dye quality, texture. i doubt that even 5% of americans (or whatever country youre in) even know about those brands