How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Yeah, I'm a real denim freak, but besides the many jeans and denim jackets, I always wear the same 2 pants and one single denim jacket for a very long time. In Winter time I use a Lee Sorm Rider 101-LJ denim jacket and in summer time usually an unlined Lee 101-J denim jacket. My denim jackets survive about 5 years of daily heavy wearing and it takes me about 2-3 years of daily use to ride a blue jeans to hell in my casual life working at the office or for hiking, biking, skiing, climbing, travelling, playing around.... After that, the allready real rough pants and denim jackets get another 2-3 years for occasionnally heavy work out in the forest cutting trees and making firewood to support my parents old home to survive the cold winter time there. And the same clothes are also used for all other heavy work out in the dirt around our house. So, after 6-7 years of heavy use the really rotten denim rag items are fallen apart completely and they have deserved to rest in piece in the jeansmuseum. At that time, there is not much left from them, but tons of stories are crying out of all the many holes, patches, scratches, stains, grease, sweat and the unbelievable fadings of such heavy used and never washed raw denim items, with still an amazing indigo color shining out of the scraps.

I always just leave my jeans and denim jackets in their natural unchanged and unwashed raw denim condition and just make a simple repair in case of emergency, when I otherwise couldn't use them anymore. I just like it to watch them, like they fade very slowly, and I'm always most impressed to watch the process, when they start falling apart and you can see, how the first little tears are showing up at the most faded areas and turning out in to big holes later. The same process is very nice to see, how some of the most exposed parts are dissapearing and fraying slowly like the coin pocket, the cuffs, the inside of the collar, the blowing out of the knee and elbow areas or when the white front pockets are showing up through the growing big front leg holes or when the front pocket areas becomes so extremely frayed, that you almost can't find the pocket entrances anymore, to grab your hands in to them. In the last step the changes are much more quickly visible as soon as my clothes has changed in to working clothes, so you can watch very fast, how the clothes are falling apart under the real heavy use and how fast they will change their color if you're working hard on trees cutting or working with oil and grease.

At the end the real strong fading with the honey combs and whiskers on the pants and the arms of the denim jackets are just unbelievable but still with a little bit different patterns to my previous clothes.

Although I'm a completely denim freak since my childhood, my denim stuff is my second skin during daytime only, I would never use them during my sleeping time.

Swiss, where the hell do you keep 6500 pairs of jeans?! Do you own a warehouse?

My comparatively weeny collection of just 10 are...

SC41945

SC41947

SC41955

SC40400

Ironheart 634s

Edwin ED-47

Edwin Sen

LVC '33

Nudie RRDS

Samies 510xx-ai-n

Very cool sleek collection tyler

heres mine, its changed abit

Some Rick Owens from yoox - in mail

Some eternal 877, natural indigo - in mail

some Julian red D2 sorrows - in mail!!!!

sc40500

kapital cisco no4 denim

APC NS

APC NS grey

PBJ 005

eternal 868

Julian red nikki sixx hobo

Howies selvedge

think thats it

Out of pairs that I wear...

Dior 21cm in Indigo

Julian Red Hoboken Dark Dancers

Cheap Monday Tight Overdye Black

Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japan

Stuff that I don't wear...

H&M Sliqs

Atleast 20 pair from various no-name street designers from middle school. I really need to donate them.

dior washed 21cm

dior raw 21cm indigo

dior raw 21cm black

dior waxed 19cm

evisu #2

edwin 503 blue trip

That I wear:

*LVC 1944 501

*LVC 1966 501

*Edwin Nashvilles

*Sugarcanes 45

That I don't wear:

*LVC 1947 501

*LVC 1933 501

*Nudie RRDS

*Nudie Baggy Björn

*Evisu lot 0042 (but I do love the broken twill)

*Evisu (can't remember the lot, but prewashed made in europe, 5 years old)

*Edwin (some baggy model with rainbow selvedge)

*Lee 101Z Goldlabel