How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Quote:

my fave bucklebacks are the Lee 1937s...really like the cut and denim. Ace is high on the list too. my least fave are the 1929 Levis 201s...i know they are sought after by a lot of folks but they are a bit too roomy-wide legged for my taste. the denim is great tho, has a greenish cast to it which looks real nice.

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Aug 10, 2005 12:22 PM

Haver you ever seen/tried on the 1937 LVC?

I want a buckleback jean, but I prefer no rivets or hidden rivets.

Quote:
Quote:

my fave bucklebacks are the Lee 1937s...really like the cut and denim. Ace is high on the list too. my least fave are the 1929 Levis 201s...i know they are sought after by a lot of folks but they are a bit too roomy-wide legged for my taste. the denim is great tho, has a greenish cast to it which looks real nice.

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Aug 10, 2005 12:22 PM

Haver you ever seen/tried on the 1937 LVC?

I want a buckleback jean, but I prefer no rivets or hidden rivets.

--- Original message by soultek on Aug 10, 2005 02:53 PM

yea the 1937 501 is really nice (i think the tags call it a 201, but it is really a 501)

there is a brand by a UK rocker-geezer called "EVIL denim" based out of his vintage shop in long beach that is a repro of the '37 Levis 501. pretty damn good product, selvage denim, and all the detailing is authentic to the original. he occasionally puts one on ebay under sellername "hillhut". for $100 it is a great deal on a good jean.

the Lee buckleback has no rivets on the back pocket...uses the standard Lee 'X' bartack

I have 4 jeans in rotation:

Levis 501xx (anti-fit)

5EP (slimmer)

Dope + Drakkar (worn in, and loose)

Rogan Stasis dry (modern cut slash pockets)

I cannot see having more than maybe one more pair of jeans for the time being. Otherwise I'll have some that pretty much look the same. I try to just keep a variety of color, looseness, and cuts.

I also getting rid of a bunch of old Gstar, Paper, Diesel, and Von Dutch (I know.. I know.. this was way before the trucker hats..)

Quote:

yo, there's a slim 5ep? I've only seem huge ones.

--- Original message by woejozney on Aug 10, 2005 06:03 PM

To most people here it would be loose maybe? I donno. If they were any tighter, they would be skin-tight on my legs when i sit. they are slimmer than my shrink to fits that fit me perfectly. then again i'm not superskinny like most of the supershoppers seem to be. though i'm not fat either, so i don't know if that answers your question..

12 pairs but only 3 in rotation: evisu osaka repair shops, pair of lvc's (dont know exact name of em) and pair of RRL vintage jeans (thats vintage ralph lauren for the dorks)...i own many pairs like gucci, red monkey, and more evisus but i dont dig em as much as those 3, so i end up selling them frequently...holla i got it for cheap!

Edited by Dope Boy C on Aug 11, 2005 at 10:16 AM

i've got a nudie rr dry selvage, a d&g ( don't know wich one exactly), a levi's 501 anti-fit and a diesel, plus a few old ones, 7 altogether and i'm getting a lvc 2morrow, so that's 8 but i only wear the 4 i named and i will wear the lvc a lot

one million billionth of a millisecond on a sunday morning

• 2 years later...

I wear jeans on a regular (almost daily) basis, so they tend to wear out in a year or two. Because of this, I'm not going to bother paying hundreds for designer jeans when I can get a decent pair for $60 at my local Bluenotes.

So right now I've got two pairs, slim straight fit in a medium wash and slim boot fit in a darker wash. Plus a few pairs of old beater jeans I can wear when I'm gonna get them dirty.

Now that we got our first H&M around here I might consider them next time my jeans wear out.

I wear jeans on a regular (almost daily) basis, so they tend to wear out in a year or two. Because of this, I'm not going to bother paying hundreds for designer jeans when I can get a decent pair for $60 at my local Bluenotes.

So right now I've got two pairs, slim straight fit in a medium wash and slim boot fit in a darker wash. Plus a few pairs of old beater jeans I can wear when I'm gonna get them dirty.

Now that we got our first H&M around here I might consider them next time my jeans wear out.

Maybe if you bought a decent pair instead of cheap shit from bluenotes they'd last longer than a year.

I think I own somewhere around 12-15 pair at any given time. I sell off or trade and then find a reason to replace the pair I have lost with a new pair. I dont really wear for a week and use another pair, pretty much just stick with the pair I' m into for about 4-6mos or so. I always try to come back to them here and there.

ummm...

- April77 Joey Colordrives

- Dior 19 Indigo

- Dior 19 Black

- Iron Army Toshiro Hito

- Cheap Monday Tight

- Taverniti Eddie Selvedge

Awaiting delivery:

- Cloak Greaser

- Warehouse SuFu

WhY ARe YoU HEre?!?!

lets see..

• APC New Cure (Indigo)
  • Tsubi (Dark Blue)
  • Marc Jacobs x Wrangler (Indigo)
  • April 77 Joey Colordrive (Black)
  • April 77 Joey Colordrive (Gray)
  • April 77 Joey Dischord (Petrole Blue)
  • J Lindeberg Skinny (Black)
  • Julian Red Cali (Indigo)
  • Dior Homme MIJ 19 (Indigo)
  • Whyred Dee (Black)