How many pairs of jeans do you own?

This is true. I had a major clear out about 4-5 years ago and our local Samaritans charity shop refused the VHS tapes I took in (amongst other items I may add) so I just dumped them in the bin outside.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, heyson said:

moving. im ridiculous

AFE4FA63-C6FB-4E05-B938-FE499BADBF13.jpeg

Wow looking still quite new.

I love the never washed one with the cinch back on the top of the pic. Which denim brand?

That’d have driven me insane.  

40 minutes ago, heyson said:

indeed a lot haven’t been worn much lol, but that pile is pretty deep.

That’d have driven me mad as a hatter:wacko:

‘Used to denim-hoard 12yrs ago or so ... but, every time I get to a point where I’m overwhelmed by the pileup ... & guilt [for overindulgence], I start purging ... thin the herd ... then, new stuff comes along & the cycle begins anew.

I still got a few unworn pairs on hand, but I’m able to keep the enthusiasm in check;)

I've checked my pile today. As of now here every denim I got .... :)

• OOE Yofuketen 
  1. OA01
  2. OA02 3x 
  • Warehouse
  1. 800
  2. 800xx
  3. 1001xx
  4. 1003 10th anniversary
  5. Incoming are both of the 25 anniversary model
  • Boncoura
  1. Boncoura 66 2x
  2. Boncoura XX 
  • Resolute
  1. 710
  2. 711
  • Visvim
  1. 01.2R brown selvedge
  2. 01 red selvedge
  • Samuraï
  1. S5000VX 17oz old arcuates
  • The Flat Head
  1. 3005-A 15th anniversary
  • Stevenson Overall
  1. 767RXX
  2. 737RXX
  • Denime
  1. Orizzonti 66
  • LVC
  1. 1966 Cone
  • Phi
  1. Phi02
  • Orslow
  1. 105 2x
  2. 107
  • FullCount
  1. 1108 13.5oz. 
  • Roy
  1. Indigo Lover

Previously had but sold because I've outgrown them  : APC PS, SEXI23 (SelfEdgexImperial), Stevenson 767, Resolute 710 2x, TCB 50 2x, TCB slim

I must be forgetting some but it's too many anyways.. Woups!

Edited by Collin

I have a bit too much, most of it was purchased recently as I was getting into a tad looser cut and I ended up selling/giving my slimmer pairs away. I also was lurking on sufu for a while (especially during quarantine) which opened my denim horizons. Luckily I work in a lab setting so I can pretty much wear denim everyday. There are some pairs that I need to set loose ( TSG7104/Fullcount 1110), but I think this collection will do me forever :)

TFH - 1002/3002/8002 , Samurai - 511xx/710/5000vx, TCB - Slim 50's, Real Mccoys - lot 004, PBJ - XX-19WID/PBJ- PBJxDutil/SR-019, Sugar Cane - Okinawa/1947 type 3/1947 type 3 blk/Edo AI, TSG - 3109/7104, RGT - Stanton, IronHeart - 666s19/777OD , SDA - 507/OD "Matcha", Resolute 710, Warehouse - Lot 900/ Lot 1001, Mister Freedom - Lot 64MD, Fullcount - 1110, Benzaki - Slim Black, RRL - Slims, Orslow - 107, ONI -515 Kiraku /266 Kase, Left Fields - Chelsea Black Maria

48 minutes ago, Lazerr said:

@BrownMetallic I'm at about a 34-35 waist (closer to 35 with the quarantine ;)). In case you're interested in the TSG/Fullcount, the TSG are sized 34 (but fit too tight for me) while the Fullcounts are at a 35 (still have arcs on them!).

Yeah, curious w/ the TSG ...  W34, as well ... & like U, edging to 35, due to the lockdown :laugh2:

@BrownMetallic ahh yes those have some great texture. For me what didn’t work was the rise as it’s a little low and I have a bigger butt. They were meant to replace my 3109 which are retired at this point, but instead are just sitting in my closet. If you’d like I can send you pictures and measurements? I obviously need to free up some space :laugh2:

ok serious question guys. What's the point of having so many jeans that you don't have the time to even wear? I would think rotating between more than 3-4 pairs at any given point in time is "too much" since you probably won't see fades start coming in until after months/years of wear. I'm always tempted to buy more jeans myself (I'm eyeing a pair of resolutes, warehouse, and also another pair of Evisus) but can't justify it knowing that if I have denim ADD I won't be able to properly wear my existing stock. 

First off a lot of us are collectors of sorts. Secondly I still wear my first selvedge pair from 13 something years ago. I’ve got a lot of different cuts at different stages of wear to choose from when putting together a fit. Just why I have so many but then again I have a lot of all kinds of clothes, from caps to shoes...

@1fookntitefd To be honest, it's kinda been accumulating since college, so Its been about 6 years of collecting. I enjoy getting different fabrics/fits and seeing how they change over time but I also get to spend most of the day in jeans so I get to try out different pairs pretty easily. There were also some pairs that I could not really afford during college but still wanted to try out once I got older. Best example were my Flatheads, which I picked up recently as I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get them anymore after their production suspended. Most of the time I find pretty good deals on jeans I've been interested so I say "why not" :biggrin:

I'm definitely in the collector category as well. I know that it's unlikely that I'll ever wear every single pair of jeans that I own.
Lately I've focusing on one pair at a time and then switching pairs every six months or so. My collecting habits have slowed down a bit. I stick to buying OA, Roy, Warehouse and then the occasional unique pair that pops up. I've even been thinning my collection out a bit. I've gotten rid of nearly all of the relaxed tapered and skinny cuts that never really looked good to begin with.

7 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

ok serious question guys. What's the point of having so many jeans that you don't have the time to even wear? I would think rotating between more than 3-4 pairs at any given point in time is "too much" since you probably won't see fades start coming in until after months/years of wear. I'm always tempted to buy more jeans myself (I'm eyeing a pair of resolutes, warehouse, and also another pair of Evisus) but can't justify it knowing that if I have denim ADD I won't be able to properly wear my existing stock. 

Fades are a bonus but not my priority when buying jeans, for me it's fit and fabric so I don't mind rotating through several pairs. I have about 6 pairs that get regular wear. 

Having said that my collection is now where near the levels of some 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 6:55 PM, heyson said:

indeed a lot haven’t been worn much lol, but that pile is pretty deep. 

@swiss-jeansfreak up at the top of the pic are a pair of Kapital century denim. They’ve actually been worn quite a bit, and need a repair

I loooove them and can‘t wait for more pics about your Kapital century denim