How many pairs of jeans do you own?

You just put me on to making a list aswell. I told my girlfriend a few days ago, to stop me from getting more, as I have a few unworn pairs laying around.
Anyways:

Carhartt WIP Klondike Pants (retired, were my first pair)

Evisu Lot 0041(semiretired, only used for dirty work nowadays)
Evisu Lot 2001 No1 (Tiger Selvage, got 'em from Flash)

Lee 101Z (semiretired, only used for dirty work nowadays)

Studio d'Artisan SD202
Studio d'Artisan SD102 (yellow overdyed, "Mystery Jeans")

Ironheart 1955-UHR

Pherrows 466SW

LVC 1954Z (unworn, Cone from 2015 or 2016 I think)
LVC x Stüssy Type I Coach Jacket Hybrid (only denim jacket I own nowadays)

Sugar Cane SC41315A (wool denim blend)
Sugar Cane M41030X (unworn)

Go West leatheryoke jeans (unworn)

GBG x Denimbridge contest jeans

Gave my overdyed IH 634N to my girlfriend, after I chopped them to about a 26" length, since those were just way too tight on me.

That time of the year eh. Didn't go completely nuts this year:

Jeans:
90's Lee 101Z
Levi's 501 STF
Steel Feather SF0121
Samurai S710XX
Samurai S0500XX
Studio D'Artisan SD-101
Warehouse 1001
Warehouse 1001XX (in duck digger denim)
Warehouse 15th anniversary 1105
Warehouse 1003XX (15th anniversary)
Warehouse 800 cotton/linen
Warehouse 1003SXX
Deer Hunter 472XX (made by Warehouse)
Denime 66 McCoys-era
Denime 517 Orizzonti-era
Denime 10th anniversary 1937
Fullcount 1101
Evisu 2001 No.1
Evis 2504XX
Sugar Cane SC40400
TCB 50's
TCB 60's
TCB 20's contest jeans
TCB Seamen trousers
Resolute 710
Roy RS01
Denimbridge lot. 2
Denimbridge S Antique
Flathead 3005
Eternal 888
Indigofera Buck in gunpowder denim
Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX
Ooe Yofukuten OA02XX (a second pair)
Ooe Yofukuten OA01XX
Cushmans 22501

Jackets:
Denime 506 Orizzonti-era
Sugar Cane 1953
TCB 30's jacket
Warehouse 2001xx WW2 edition

New stuff since last year:

Denim Base GBG001 x 2
Conner's Sewing Factory S409XXX M-WW2 Santa Cruz
Warehouse 700C
Vintage Levi's 507XX
Vintage Lee 81-LJ

Here's the the current status of my "collection." I've tried to include all the interesting information, however, as fanatical as I am about accurate tracking days of wear time, I've never kept good track of washes, so that's been omitted. All the retired jeans have been washed many times, though that didn't start until I'd worn them 4-6 months. The 1108 and 3005, my current projects, have been washed about every two months of wear.

Retired

• 3Sixteen ST-120x / December 2014 / 533 days
  • 3Sixteen RH15 / January 2016 / 366 days
  • Samurai S710xx / June 2012 / 365 days
  • Flat Head 1001 / Fall 2013 / 270 days; on indefinite loan to Rivet & Hide's collection

Active

• Full Count 1108 / September 2018 / 182 days; primary warm weather jeans. I think these will need about 1.5 years of wear to reach their ideal state.
  • Flat Head 3005 / August 2018 / 165 days; current main project. I'm aiming to put at least 1.5 years of wear into these before declaring victory.
  • 3Sixteen CH-55x olive chinos; worn ~1 a week
  • 3Sixteen CH-44x khaki chinos; worn ~1 a week

Shirts And Jackets

• Flat Head 7002w denim western shirt / April 2015 / 352 days; often worn over a T-shirt in warmer months
  • Strike Gold SGJ50S denim jacket / March 2019 / 31 days; main denim jacket, usually worn over long-sleeve shirts 

To-Do List

• Eternal 811: Next project, will probably start wearing next year. I'm aiming to complete my Flat Head 3005 first.
  • Flat Head 3009: Will start wearing after Eternal, could be a few years away.

Wish List

• Ooe OA01 or OA02
  • TCB 50s
  • Tanuki straight fit in Earth or Kaze denim
  • Warehouse 1001 or 800, if somebody (Self Edge?) ever releases a long inseam version.

One goal for 2020 is to buy no new clothes for myself, which obviously includes jeans. But I already have all the stuff I really want, and I want to focus on my 1108 and 3005, as well as mixing in the chinos one or two days a week.

My current list as usual since I never rotate:

- My own Swissjeansfreak 15.5 oz greencast high rised straight cut Candiani Denim blue jeans wear day 130

If I would be able to finally do the inventory of my little Jeansmuseum I could add the list of the 9'000 jeans and 7'000 denim jackets here  ha ha

For those of you who have been collecting for some time, how do you store your denim?

I’ve thought about buying a cedar wood chest to store my unworn pairs so that moths etc don’t damage them. I’ve also been wondering if it’s best not to stack jeans on top of each other - could create permanent creases or no?

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about moths, but if you live somewhere humid mould / mildew could be an issue.

When I’ve gotten raw jeans that are more than ~20 years old they’ve generally had permanent creases that don’t fully go away with washing, but it’s never felt like that much of a bother.

12 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

For those of you who have been collecting for some time, how do you store your denim?

I’ve thought about buying a cedar wood chest to store my unworn pairs so that moths etc don’t damage them. I’ve also been wondering if it’s best not to stack jeans on top of each other - could create permanent creases or no?

As long as you store them dry without direct daylight you can store them for ever without any problems, they'll look the same 100 years later.

Permanent creases shouldn't happen if not too much weight stapled on them.

And no moths will eat jeans since the denim fabric is too heavy for them.

But it can happen to some T-shirts some times

The 16'000 items from the little Jeansmusuem are just stapled in card board boxes like banana boxes since 40 years

17 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about moths, but if you live somewhere humid mould / mildew could be an issue.

We used to live in an old house (16th century) and always had black mould growing in the nooks and crannies where air couldn't circulate, one of which was behind the wardrobe (i used to scrub it away every 6mths with salt and bleach) to protect my raw denim stash i started storing them in A1 sized ziplock polythene bags, they're cheap enough and it doesn't hurt, it also protects the flashers from foxing.

Mine are all lying on top of each other, folded in carrier bags or whatever packaging they arrived in and then put in bin liners and stored in the eaves cupboard in our loft bedroom, out of sight of Mrs Friedman!

As lower the humidity as better for sure

Would be cool to see your collection 

I sold off pretty much everything 

Conners sewing factory s409xxx ww2 

Conners sewing factory s409xxx 46 first half 

Conners sewing factory s409xxx second half 

And 2 jackets 

S406XXX 46

S406XXX ww2 

Here we go..

Jeans at work/work jeans
M41001