south KOREA PROXY

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word back from KOREA PROXY at all.  These guys were originally recommended highly to me by thomas_highstreet. I've emailed 'Thomas' several times now and he doesn't seem to be around either.  Are they the same person?  Is anyone in contact with Thomas or have his contact info?

Edited by wildcat

Didnt you use paypal?

I used to Paypal with them the normal way for a while, then after doing A LOT of business with them I'd do bank wire for larger transactions and sometimes Paypal as gift... This last time was Paypal as gift so no recourse when it comes to a refund or filing a claim. They literally just dropped off the face of the earth a few months ago. And it's weird that "thomas_highstreet" is also nowhere to be found.  Someone has to be in contact with these guys.  If anyone has any info please pm me, I need to get this resolved ASAP.  

wildcat, I am so sorry to hear that. Have you filed the case to the police? Here in Korea we have "cyber-police". http://www.ctrc.go.kr/ (Official site in English). I'd recommend you to contact to them. Hope you could get your money back soon.

+ If there is anyone looking for Korea proxy shopping, please visit our website. Our main products are Korean language learning books but we also take Special order(AKA proxy shopping service). We are located in Seoul.

http://www.twochois.com

We will post about our store soon. 

Edited by twoChois

wildcat, I am so sorry to hear that. Have you filed the case to the police? Here in Korea we have "cyber-police". http://www.ctrc.go.kr/ (Official site in English). I'd recommend you to contact to them. Hope you could get your money back soon.

+ If there is anyone looking for Korea proxy shopping, please visit our website. Our main products are Korean language learning books but we also take Special order(AKA proxy shopping service). We are located in Seoul.

http://www.twochois.com

We will post about our store soon. 

Thank you for the site. I just emailed them to file a case and my email got returned. Does anyone have experience with this website or know why they have an invalid email address as their contact?  Can anyone help me?  I can't find a "file a claim" section anywhere, just information on what they do. Any help is appreciated.  And if anyone is in contact with KOREA PROXY or "thomas_highstreet" contact me ASAP before this officially gets filed to the police.

Edited by wildcat

I recommend you to use chrome to see translated version. I called to the police and it said..

1. Are koreanproxy.com people korean?

2. Have you filed the case in your country?

3. You should be able to provide evidence that you have paid money to Koreanproxy.com

4. You should file the case through online or by visiting.

5. When the case is filed, police would call but in your case it might be different.

I was not able to get email address.

I found one from the site [email protected]

You need to create n account and log in to file the case.

Currently I am out of town so I only available to use ipad so that I cannot see the website well.

I recommend you to use chrome to see translated version. I called to the police and it said..

1. Are koreanproxy.com people korean?

2. Have you filed the case in your country?

3. You should be able to provide evidence that you have paid money to Koreanproxy.com

4. You should file the case through online or by visiting.

5. When the case is filed, police would call but in your case it might be different.

I was not able to get email address.

I found one from the site [email protected]

You need to create n account and log in to file the case.

Currently I am out of town so I only available to use ipad so that I cannot see the website well.

1. Yes, he is Korean.

2. Not yet.

3. I sent an email with detailed information and a screenshot providing my paypal payment to them, the date, amount, their phone number, etc...  

4. I translated their website with Chrome and also tried the english version of their website, but still could not find where to submit a claim, so I emailed them directly to "[email protected]" which is the email address provided under the "contact" link at the bottom of their page, and it got returned immediately as invalid.

I will email the address you provided as well.

***Sidenote/UPDATE - "twoChois" was kind enough to call their phone number for me, someone answered who said she was a friend who lent them her phone number and address for their business and told us that he (Dan from KOREA PROXY) left the country. So basically KOREA PROXY collected a large sum of money from me (and whoever else) and decided to leave the country. They gave me an email address to contact them through, I immediately emailed, still have yet to hear back from anyone.  

Hi friends, today I was refunded the full amount by "Will" from "KOREA PROXY". I'd like to start by saying I have no clue who "Will" is since all my transactions and email correspondence were handled by someone named "Dan" who is apparently not really "Danbi" but recommended by "Thomas".. Confusing enough? Fuck yes. Do I care anymore now that I have my money back? Fuck no. So +1,000,000 karma points for all of you that helped me resolve this, if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have received a refund at all. 

My intention was obviously not to cause a shit storm, but after having nearly $3000 taken from me, promised a refund, then completely ignored by everyone involved for 3months, I had no choice but to get extreme. Regardless, the whole situation is now resolved, "PHAT HEAD CAMEL TOEZ" if you can re-tract the personal information and fb links you posted that would be awesome, and I'll be trying out "twoChois" for a few transactions soon, so I will keep you posted with how that goes for anyone looking for a Korea Proxy. Thanks and good night.

-Wildcat

• 4 months later...