Skincare/Beauty/Nails/Hair

julzkind

I drank some soy and got 2 blemishes on nose, small, but it still happened... ugh. had nothing else to eat with cereal and ran out of rice milk.

^almond milk is also good too.

Also looking for a face mask/a better nose strip than OTC.

About that brow wax, i don't think i have enough of a problem to get it threaded and i heard it hurts. i just want some kind of wax to use 1-2 a month. recs?

threading involves a needle?! isn't it literally just a thread used to pluck out hairs (similar to an epilator)

i tweeze my eyebrows. more control and i pluck every few days to keep it neat

Guest roastedchickenwing

i have acne scars. Any recommended cream i could use or home remedies? I dont have money for surgery and the benzoyl peroxide my doctor prescribe me does not work.

Refer to my post: Paula's Choice BHA 2%

With scars it doesn't just magical go away. Try that formula of BHA 2% or anything you feel comfortable with and stick with it for 6 months at least to a year.

Also, for more preventive care you MUST put on lotion DAILY with SPF 30+ (There is like 2 kind of SPF as well, for different sun rays but I assuming most of today's OTC facial lotion should include it especially if you are looking at the most generic brands)

Both are a daily regimen you must stick with on a daily basis, the latter with the sunscreen facial lotion the more important so to not cause more discoloration with your scarring.

how to stop chewing nails and cuticles? I dont care for all this effeminate skin care business, but i gnaw the shit out of my hands sometimes. haaalp

my brother uses those stop-bite things that come in a bottle of similar shape to nail polish. i think it's from sally hansen, but i'm not sure.

it basically tastes like shit, so everytime you put your finger in your mouth you're definitely reminded not to do it.

best face mask to remove blackheads and clean pores? The girls at Aveda are no help, they keep claiming I have good skin.
I drank some soy and got 2 blemishes on nose, small, but it still happened... ugh. had nothing else to eat with cereal and ran out of rice milk.

^almond milk is also good too.

Also looking for a face mask/a better nose strip than OTC.

About that brow wax, i don't think i have enough of a problem to get it threaded and i heard it hurts. i just want some kind of wax to use 1-2 a month. recs?

Boscia luminizing mask and strips. Way more intense cleansing than OTC products. And even for a small area, threading is still better. If you dont want to go get it done, YouTube some clips n you can do it at home!

i have acne scars. Any recommended cream i could use or home remedies? I dont have money for surgery and the benzoyl peroxide my doctor prescribe me does not work.

murad has a post spot lightening gel that I've heard great things about, try that or what the post under me is suggesting!

Refer to my post: Paula's Choice BHA 2%

With scars it doesn't just magical go away. Try that formula of BHA 2% or anything you feel comfortable with and stick with it for 6 months at least to a year.

Also, for more preventive care you MUST put on lotion DAILY with SPF 30+ (There is like 2 kind of SPF as well, for different sun rays but I assuming most of today's OTC facial lotion should include it especially if you are looking at the most generic brands)

Both are a daily regimen you must stick with on a daily basis, the latter with the sunscreen facial lotion the more important so to not cause more discoloration with your scarring.

Def def sunscreen!!

true but i think i much prefer wax to tiny needle being stuck in my brow region. i've seen it and heard stories from friends =\

so no girls on here wax? lol.

get them threaded. you can hella tell when someone has gotten their eyebrows freshly waxed and it looks awkward. especially on guys. threading hurts a lot less in my opinion.

My face gets red super easily, like if I'm propping my head up on my arm, there's a huge red spot where my hand was, and if I get too warm/too cold I'm a rosy mess. I don't want to have to put lot of makeup on my face anymore, so is there anything I can do to reduce/stop this!? The internet only wants to give me cures for rosacea, which is not anything I have >:(

vanilla same here and i see what you mean. only advice i can give is to avoid your face when you're outside of your house. it's kind of a "sad" rule i live by now but usually when i am out, i avoid touching my face including resting on my arms etc. do what you got to do... if i get an itch, i just ignore :\

I care, DUM!

It's also like, it happens like mad after kissin or fuckin or what have you, so every time I do it's all-around apparent. But that was too much info for a first post. I might just have to deal with that though, and use gettoasty's advice in other situations. I was hoping there might be some weird home remedy tho ;/

I care, DUM!

It's also like, it happens like mad after kissin or fuckin or what have you, so every time I do it's all-around apparent. But that was too much info for a first post. I might just have to deal with that though, and use gettoasty's advice in other situations. I was hoping there might be some weird home remedy tho ;/

I figured that and what I'm saying is that no dudes really care. or he's thinking 'hell yeah I got this chick heated'.

I personally like it when chicks get sweaty / red/ hair stuck to the sides of their mouths / etc

unless maybe this is the same dude that threaded his eyebrows for you and then I don't knowwwww.

I went out and copped that Boscia mask that julzkind recommended and its nice. I've used it three times in 8 days and its pretty intensive. All that shit on your face gets pulled away along with the mask. For people who do try out the boscia mask...make sure you apply an ample amount of it on your face or you'll have a hell of a time peeling it off.

Change your pillowcase often, I just pull a big t shirt over it and change it every two days

Don't take showers with water that's too hot

Taking too much sugar Gives me breakouts

Cheap hair products give me breakouts

For some reason, protein powder drives my skin crazy, but diary and eggs don't do anything

Take vitamin E

I had pretty shittttttty skin. I know this isn't cream or a home remedie but I found it most helpful for me. The regime I used to clear up my scars minus the diet:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4793413_use-biooil-scars.html

I found benzoyl to be a pain in the ass. Way too strong and just bleaches all your clothes.

i use a shiseido one that applies nicely, doesn't make your face look greasy or anything. this would double as a moisturizer i'm sure since they also have a cream version. i use it before i leave the house and i like it a lot cause it doesn't make my face look crazy since i walk around a ton and sweat bullets.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P173670&categoryId=RVP

My face gets red super easily, like if I'm propping my head up on my arm, there's a huge red spot where my hand was, and if I get too warm/too cold I'm a rosy mess. I don't want to have to put lot of makeup on my face anymore, so is there anything I can do to reduce/stop this!? The internet only wants to give me cures for rosacea, which is not anything I have >:(

derma doctor should have something...technically it is for rosacea, but actually its for skin that gets red and irritated quickly. its pricey, but most times--you get what you pay for. Its called: Calm, Cool & Corrected.

as far as makeup goes, i love using this primer by Hourglass called Veil Mineral primer. It reduces redness and makes any makeup you put on top, waterproof! Clinique also has a redness reducing powder thats yellow and tech isn't a color cause whenever you get red you can just pat a bit of it on the area and voila!

anyone use bb cream

gf loves it

I've been using the boscia(all natural japanese company btw) bb cream as a primer cause its too light to use as a foundation and i love it!! its been big in asia for a while now and just found its way to america.

I went out and copped that Boscia mask that julzkind recommended and its nice. I've used it three times in 8 days and its pretty intensive. All that shit on your face gets pulled away along with the mask. For people who do try out the boscia mask...make sure you apply an ample amount of it on your face or you'll have a hell of a time peeling it off.

yes! it has to be thick and opaque black to work and be careful not to peel your eyebrows off! ;)

OPI-tour-of-America-1.jpg

ohhhhh myyyy godddddddddddddddd. gonna buy the whole collection.

omlawd, those purples are calling my naaaaaame! dammit :( ps sephora just got in the Nails Inc polishes and they are SO pretty! I've already bought 5 :o

Good sunscreen for the face that has high spf yet doesn't cause breakouts?

Also isn't it dumb to put sunscreen on top of moisturizer? Doesn't that clog your pores up?

clarins has high count sensitive ones, also josie maran has a 40 spy thats all natural/organic so its great for your skin! :D