Skincare/Beauty/Nails/Hair

julzkind

The best product I bought for my face are Retinols. Just apply over your whole face before you sleep, I'm doing this now and haven't had a breakout in 2 years. Had bitches touching my skin and commenting how soft it is :D

Using Avene's Diacneal currently, 0.01% Retinol with 5% AHA for microexfoliation. Works wonders, if I have an isolated single pimple it dries out and the scars fade in at most 7-9 days.

^just started using Philosphy's Miracle Worker which is a retinoid pad used nightly in conjunction with their dark spot corrector that you put all over afterwards. got it gratis so we'll see how well it works...im excited!

lmao, i used to post there :o

I've been living off the Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask comboed with their vitamin e face mosturizer, my skin has been virtually pristine. every few days I use their jojoba scrub. Really solid brand, I like their pomade as an every day use too.

ahhh, I've heard of their products and yes, good things!

it rly does come down to skin type and sensitivities and I'm not sensitive but i prefer natural based stuff. will try others if its gratis. i srsly have a whole cabinet FULL of skincare i haven't tried and even more that I've given to my mom/friends. but i do try almost everything we have instore (i am a product brand junkie and this thread is rly bad for me)

2duz1on.jpg

I buy this stuff from Daiso in Vancouver for $2 a tube, and it seems to be very similar to the Boscia Mask (only I'm sure it has less pure ingredients). Peels off with terrifying suction. I've been rebuying it religiously since I originally tried it a few years ago.

I'm really cheap, so other things I love are as followed:

Aspirin Masks are amazing, as stated before I'm sure in this thread. I put three or four in a shot glass with a little drop of water and then mix it with honey. Leave on for ten minutes or so and rejoice at the results. Because of the BHA so it shrinks most imperfections and also lightens any uneven tone.

Bentonite clay masks are fantastic -- I'm a big fan.

I also exfoliate with baking soda every night.

And that's my ghetto regimen...:o

where to cop? I'm assuming the retinol isn't the same thing as the diacneal

Anyone using PCA Rejuvinating serum?

Diacneal is retinol + AHA for added goodness. But for stuff on the cheap, differin from any pharmacy is good as well.

so i used to use these dr dennis gross alpha beta daily face peels in conjunction with my clarisonic and the caudalie vinoperfect radiance serum and had the most radiant skin ever....

i forgot how amaze the pads were until i took a sample home and tried it again. <3

and super excited cause i have a huge caudalie training with the founder on the 23rd and hoping i get good gratis!!

• 1 month later...

i recently found out that i'm allergic to spf in lip balms/products

also, past use of face moisturizers with sunscreen has caused closed comedones/whiteheads on my face. they aren't really visible except close up and its giving my skin bad texture.

is glycolic acid good for whiteheads? ive been looking at DDF 5% glycolic wash but don't want to waste the money if it doesn't help

currently using avalon organics lavender daily moisturizer, but i think its also clogging my pores. aside from problems with sunscreen, my skin's pretty clear most times. can someone recommend me a moisturizer for semi oily skin that doesn't have spf? thanks

Fresh Umbrian clay oil free lotion. The clay is balancing and also calming. Helps get impurities out of skin as well as calm any current inflammation. Also hydrates dry patches but controls excess oil. :)

Philosophy hope in a jar oil-free, ddf oil-free moisturizing dew, Clinique dd moisturizing gel, bliss oil free no zit Sherlock lotion I'm also pretty sure dermadoctor has one too...

And I like the Ddf glycolic wash, should help but maybe wouldn't use more than 3x a week?

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

So has anyone tried this recently?

Boscia black face mask...http://www.bosciaskincare.com/newsite/product_detail.php?cPath=0&products_id=116&category=&dept_id=43

I can get for $27 shipped and plan on using it as spot treatment for brow/nose area (t-zone?) i heard it is so strong it even pulls off hair, which i am hoping for. "face wax"

Edited by gettoasty

use it to clean the brow/t-zone? that is what i am figuring.

for the cost to quantity ratio, it is not a whole lot as well.

2.8oz bottle would be depleted quick if used as a whole face mask IMO.

i need something strong/adhering for spot treatment and this might be it.

2duz1on.jpg

I buy this stuff from Daiso in Vancouver for $2 a tube, and it seems to be very similar to the Boscia Mask (only I'm sure it has less pure ingredients). Peels off with terrifying suction. I've been rebuying it religiously since I originally tried it a few years ago.

I'm really cheap, so other things I love are as followed:

Aspirin Masks are amazing, as stated before I'm sure in this thread. I put three or four in a shot glass with a little drop of water and then mix it with honey. Leave on for ten minutes or so and rejoice at the results. Because of the BHA so it shrinks most imperfections and also lightens any uneven tone.

Bentonite clay masks are fantastic -- I'm a big fan.

I also exfoliate with baking soda every night.

And that's my ghetto regimen... :o

i would try this as it is very affordable at $2...but it would be difficult to find in the states

oh there is a daiso store in mountain view, i think i'll try it for $2 vs. $34 bottle at sephora

there are actually a handful of daiso store in the bay lol.

Edited by gettoasty

i recently found out that i'm allergic to spf in lip balms/products

also, past use of face moisturizers with sunscreen has caused closed comedones/whiteheads on my face. they aren't really visible except close up and its giving my skin bad texture.

you should check the sunscreen ingredients of the moisturiser.

UV-A protectors can be in form of physical sunscreen (zinc dioxide, titanium dioxide) or chemical (avobenzone, oxybenzone, a bunch of other names i don't know). physical sunscreens are more stable, there are claims that chemical sunscreens are bad for you, unstable etc.

i find anything with zinc dioxide will give me a shitload of gunk under my skin, whereas titanium dioxide+chemical will give me a more manageable amount that i can extract myself.

• 1 month later...

So has anyone tried this recently?

Boscia black face mask...http://www.bosciaski...ory=&dept_id=43

I can get for $27 shipped and plan on using it as spot treatment for brow/nose area (t-zone?) i heard it is so strong it even pulls off hair, which i am hoping for. "face wax"

this mask is great for clearing blackheads and purifying the skin, but its not necessarily great for spot treatment. def has a great sulfur mask to dry up spots tho :)

So what can a guy who wears a full beard all the time do for a face mask thing like that?

you just do it around your beard...and exfoliate with a scrub in your beard.