Movies that people like but which actually suck aka "classics" that shouldn't be classics

okonomi

avatar is average at best, and no one will be rushing to copy anything from it.

matrix on the other hand, changed what's possible within the action genre, combining it with (cod)philosophy and a very interesting high-concept premise.

Coming back to action, I think it redefined fight choreography and we take stuff like bullet time for granted now. That film changed a lot of shit man, more than i can articulate.

The matrix was brilliant but i rather keep it to myself rather than overhype it and sound like a pretentious douchebag

American Psycho had it's points but all in all it's pretty shit

I think calling someone a douchebag for praising a movie that you like is a way douchier move than admitting publically than you like it. what the fuck kind of person are you?

anything from happy madison productions.. well besides maybe joe dirt (yeah its a horrible film but classic at least). the other 100 of them could fuck off though. recently saw grown ups, definitely the worst film i have ever seen. i couldn't believe how horrible it was.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

avatar is average at best, and no one will be rushing to copy anything from it.

matrix on the other hand, changed what's possible within the action genre, combining it with (cod)philosophy and a very interesting high-concept premise.

Coming back to action, I think it redefined fight choreography and we take stuff like bullet time for granted now. That film changed a lot of shit man, more than i can articulate.

i actually like the matrix a lot, but it's just a rip off of a million different influences, like a tarantino movie.

lol i used to think oldboy was the greatest thing ever

i don't think park chan wook is all that too actually, i wouldn't recommend any of his movies except perhaps lady vengeance - and only then it's because of the cinematography.

i was just gonna say

fuck any park chan wook movie

and fuck kim ki duk too

i gotta disagree with you there. I've agreed with nearly everything you've posted. not that one though. its a fantastic juxtaposition of child like fantasy and ultra violence.

ojh and fuck the dude who said gladiator. shit was boss.

Edited by akuma no uta