ghost stories

BearCousin

so last night me and my girlfriend go to her parents house... we noticed tape on the knobs of the stove and on the thermostat... her mom told us that all of the knobs have been turned on in the middle of the night and they wake up to the smell of gas... so they taped them. the gas has since stopped but now the heater gets turned on in the middle of the night and they wake up sweating... this has all been happening right after they put some prayer thing above the front door that is supposed to "bless the house"

kinda weird but whatever...

then my girlfriend starts telling me shit that went down prior to all this... apparently she used to be home alone and would hear running up and down the stairs, footsteps in the hallway, the dog would bark at something but she could never find anything... her dad who doesn't really believe in any of this crap swears that one time he saw a little girl standing on the stairs staring at him. apparently when my gf's mom was younger, her brother who was 3 at the time started a fire under the middle of her bed...

i've been scared shitless since last night when i found all this out. anyone else ever encountered shit like this before? should i call ghostbusters?

old lady long dead hung out at a house i stayed at in the south island

she does stuff like pulling your bedding up (exposing feet and legs up to knees)

i stayed their 2 nights and always felt like there was a cat on my bed or something and my blankets were messed up in the morning even though i sleep quit still, then when the owners arrived they asked if we had met her and told us about her, i was like @_@ and didnt sleep much after that

still dont believe in stuff though

and no one lit a fire under my bed either

mine is pretty boring. i grew up in the english countryside (about 5mins from stonehenge) and walking around the fields and moors at night i always thought i saw this weird dude walking around by himself. i pointed him out to my grandma once, but she never noticed him. one day i saw him in the middle of the field, but this time he was just standing there and looking at me. it really freaked me out (i was about 6yrs old). then a few months later, i was in bed and saw this dude walking down our hallway...except now he didn't have a head. he didn't look 'real' though (obviously), and definitely looked ghostly or whatever you want to call it (looked like he was made of mist or some shit). it walked into my room, i saw him and just froze up. i covered myself in my blankets and was probably bawling my eyes out. i stayed like that until the morning.

skip 2 years later, we are about to move to australia so we are staying at my aunts house temporarily (she lived over an hour away). basically, the same thing happens again - except this time he walks down the stairs and into my room. the only difference is this time i didn't feel scared, i just sorta looked at it and closed my eyes for a few seconds. when i opened them it was gone.

when i was about 21, i was on a long car ride with my mum and mentioned this happening (had never said anything before). she said once in our old house she woke up and thought she saw something similar standing at the end of the bed (this old dude i saw in the fields, except he had a head!) except she said she felt calm and not terrified like i was.

i am not saying it was definitely a ghost, it easily could have been light/shadows and my mind playing tricks on me (amongst a million other things), but the fact i saw it twice still makes me feel a bit uneasy. i never really understood why he was headless (lol), and if the figure i saw in the fields was actually a real person or not.

for the record, i am an atheist (my mother used to be a christian but would now probably call herself agnostic) so i don't really believe it was a spirit or something. i'm not sure what it was.

SCARIEST GHOST STORY.

I was babysitting for these two kids in this giant heritage house that was sort of stranded in the middle of this big property -- really quiet, hard to get to - the dad usually picked me up and dropped me off when I was babysitting.

So, one night the kids (two and five years old) were going to bed and I read them a book and tucked them in and went downstairs.

So, I was reading a magazine with the tv on really quietly (the house was really freaky, so I didn't want to sit in total silence) and I started hearing some noises coming from upstairs. I turned off the tv and went to listen -- it sounded like a radio between two channels -- like two men talking in words I couldn't totally hear. I thought the kids were screwing around with the radio or tv, and I went upstairs, and found that the noise had stopped and the kids were fast asleep.

I went downstairs again and picked up my book, only to hear the voices again. Suddenly the five year old came down the stairs in his pajamas and said "There's a man in my room."

I freaked the shit out and got him to stay downstairs, thinking there was this big home invasion thing, and ran up to grab the baby. After they were both safe in one place I searched the top floor from top to bottom, and couldn't find anybody. I also saw there were no TV sets upstairs, and no radios in the kids room. I ended up putting the kids to bed on the couch cause they were both terrified.

When the parents came home, I told them what had happened (except the part about hearing the voices) and they said "Oh, weird! They've been saying that every now and then since we moved in. They've got such big imaginations."

And I was like GHOSTS.

Years ago friend of mine bought an old brownstone unit in which the previous tenant had blown his own head off. The big pool of blood had seeped into the worn-out flooring and couldn't be fully sanded out during renovations. To this day, that spot stays as chilled as a refrigerator even in the intense heat. He doesn't have to live with mournful souls or bumps in the night, but that spot is creepy enough.

Back in 2001 I went to meet my in laws with my then GF at their home in Saga, Japan. We had just come back from the hot springs and I was lying down in the living room enjoying a cold bottle of oolong tea. Suddenly I couldnt breath, like something was crushing my chest. My wife calls for my mother in law who starts reciting some chants and all of a sudden I was fine. She claims a kamikaze pilot's ghost followed me back. Oh yeah our first night there, there were sounds of someone walking in the attic all night, and my future inlaws were asleep.

this ones sort of a ghost story i guess:

a couple of years back, my pops who was in San Fransisco at the time, my mom who was in Vegas, and I, who was in LA, all woke up suddenly at exactly 3am one night. I found out after I felt the urge to call my mom for some reason the following morning and she tells me that she had woken up suddenly at 3, and then received a call from my dad a few minutes later who said he woke at 3 as well. I figured at the time that it was just coincidence, but then we heard my great grandmother had passed away on the same night at around the same time.

here's one from my aunt:

my aunt lives in the Philippines where her son was an altar boy in some very old church (they still did their sermons in traditional latin). One night he went to the church for some reason and claimed to saw a ghostly figure of a lady crying and walking in between the aisles of the church. he followed it, reached for it, and grabbed. it disappeared, and all he got was a hand full of ashes.

Whenever I get sleep paralysis, it usually happens after a person close to me dies. One time it happened the day I was about 15 feet away from a subway jumper. Didn't get a good look at the man's face that well, but during the SP I saw a mangled face right in front of me making eerie noises (so, floating on top of me) really vividly and it felt like someone was choking me and that I was being poked in the chest with a knife for a good ten minutes. That fucked up my sleep pattern for a month.

mine is pretty boring. i grew up in the english countryside (about 5mins from stonehenge) and walking around the fields and moors at night i always thought i saw this weird dude walking around by himself. i pointed him out to my grandma once, but she never noticed him. one day i saw him in the middle of the field, but this time he was just standing there and looking at me. it really freaked me out (i was about 6yrs old). then a few months later, i was in bed and saw this dude walking down our hallway...except now he didn't have a head. he didn't look 'real' though (obviously), and definitely looked ghostly or whatever you want to call it (looked like he was made of mist or some shit). it walked into my room, i saw him and just froze up. i covered myself in my blankets and was probably bawling my eyes out. i stayed like that until the morning.

skip 2 years later, we are about to move to australia so we are staying at my aunts house temporarily (she lived over an hour away). basically, the same thing happens again - except this time he walks down the stairs and into my room. the only difference is this time i didn't feel scared, i just sorta looked at it and closed my eyes for a few seconds. when i opened them it was gone.

when i was about 21, i was on a long car ride with my mum and mentioned this happening (had never said anything before). she said once in our old house she woke up and thought she saw something similar standing at the end of the bed (this old dude i saw in the fields, except he had a head!) except she said she felt calm and not terrified like i was.

i am not saying it was definitely a ghost, it easily could have been light/shadows and my mind playing tricks on me (amongst a million other things), but the fact i saw it twice still makes me feel a bit uneasy. i never really understood why he was headless (lol), and if the figure i saw in the fields was actually a real person or not.

for the record, i am an atheist (my mother used to be a christian but would now probably call herself agnostic) so i don't really believe it was a spirit or something. i'm not sure what it was.

the_sixth_sense_1999_580x464_418100.jpg

easy fix iirc