Uniqlo +J F/W 11

what no

I'm a little bit disappointed with how the blazers fit for this collection. The sleeves and the shoulders are too wide. Size xs tweed blazer shoulders measurement is 17 inches (I was expecting it to be 16). Maybe Japanese size is better. I do like the flannel pants. Super slim and tapered.

Damn, I'm checking measurements and you're right, I ordered my standard size, think I should have went down one, fuck

i couldn't find anything that fit me well:

all the trousers i tried on were about 1-2" big in the waist

all the knits had a taper in the sleeves that i really couldn't get down with

same problem as mellow with the blazers

all the outerwear is pretty nice. the premium down parka and the vest are great

Both new Uniqlo stores (Fifth Avenue, opening October 14, and 34th Street, opening October 21) will carry full +J collections when they launch.

Someone who works in NY in their offices told me that the new flagship store is huge compared to the SoHo store and that not to rush to get the +J stuff because there will be plenty, especially once the new stores open.

I'm a little bit disappointed with how the blazers fit for this collection. The sleeves and the shoulders are too wide. Size xs tweed blazer shoulders measurement is 17 inches (I was expecting it to be 16). Maybe Japanese size is better. I do like the flannel pants. Super slim and tapered.

The sizing is totally out of wack since last F/W. I tried on the outerwear and the smalls fit well and I'm a pretty big guy. American glamour sizing in full effect.

I'm looking At the measurements and I'm going to have to agree. XS shoulder width with normal S chest on outerwear, taken into account they're supposed to fit slim. So I'll either have to size for shoulders or chest.

So strange :/

Yeah I had to change all my proxy orders on the blazers from Medium to Small, sucks how the fucked around with the sizing.

to all those who have pmed me, about proxying some uniqlo orders from the UK website, or those who are interested in doing so, my suggestion is to wait for a bit longer as it's just launched and i would presume the stock is not complete on their website.

thanks for all your interests and kind words, cheers lads,

well, i stopped by the paris opera uniqlo today for the +J drop. overall, very impressed with the final collection. fits on blazers changed slightly from previous collections, which bothered me. jackets are cut slightly longer and feature roomier sleeves with slightly more rounded shoulders. decided to pass on all blazers after trying on nine kinds.

knitwear game is strong. the wool-poly blends are a bit on the cheap side, but passable. the cashmere pieces are great but are a bit overpriced.

the best part of the collection is actually the outerwear. all tech shells, parks, coats, trenches all look, feel, and fit great. highly recommend all of them, especially that blue duffel and tech shell parka.

as for me, i ended up copping a concealed placket buttondown (as a peasant jil alternative, plus +J actually fits better on me than jil shirting) and a chunky sweater knit in a dark hunter green.

Someone who works in NY in their offices told me that the new flagship store is huge compared to the SoHo store and that not to rush to get the +J stuff because there will be plenty, especially once the new stores open.

they look massive from the outside for sure.

wish i knew about the +J inventory before yesterday though :(

stayed up all night and trekked through the rain to get that navy duffle.

edit: for anyone wondering about the duffle, i'm 5'11 160lbs and everything besides the XS felt really big.

After reading some of the recent posts, I hope the xl duffle I got isn't too big. I'm 6'1 215lbs and i wear xl in most things, but it sounds like +j outerwear is fitting more like regular Uniqlo outerwear sizing, which is usually a little big on me. Oh well... I'll post fit pics as soon as i get it.

tried a pair of the tapered cotton trousers and yeah the thighs seems to be a bit roomy. guess I would say it fits like a carrot shape, thigh is roomy and the hem is tight

Ah what a let down, not a fan of carrot shaped trousers, guess I'm just sticking with the blazers. Thanks for the info.