Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

It's a double edged sword for me, I really want these samurais but at the same time that means my other pairs are finally getting some decent wear... Abstraktgeformt if you were my size I'd share!

abstraktgeformt

Just extend the life of your current pants. My old Denime jeans are still in use as my first class pants although not looking so brand new anymore. They just have passed the 600 day mark of constant wear since February 2010 (with 3 exceptions on a river rafting trip in Sweden, a repair time out and during the Pike Brothers tour:

Just an impression of my current Denime pants (sorry if spoiling this Samurai thread with this):

DSC01946-red.jpg

DSC02018-red.jpg

DSC02045-red.jpg

DSC02038-red.jpg

DSC02037-red.jpg

All updates as usual under:

https://picasaweb.go...gCMTApuH-_qLcIQ

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

So my Denime pants will stay for some more time in rotation. And if it comes to a real long delay, I'll think to restart wearing my old Nudies Reg. Ralf which is also quiite heavy used but still wearable till this contest will start. Or I'll start breaking in a 25 oz pants.

How about checking with certain stores on existing supply?

I would think between Take5 and some rakuten stores the problem could be solved...

I doubt they could match the overall price on offer via DC4, with hemming, shipping, etc.

I doubt they could match the overall price on offer via DC4, with hemming, shipping, etc.

Speaking of Take5 - their standard price (including 20% discount as a member) was in the same ball park or lower IIRC. And that is just for the fact alone that shipping cost and customs/taxes in HK are much lower than in Europe via DC4...

Altogether, this is quite entertaining and rather interesting. I would like to know why after weeks of following-up only just now it dawned upon somebody that there are not enought jeans.

I hope that not too many will jump the ship and we find a nice solution. How about a different model? Producing or waiting for a new batch could take rather long, most probably a year.

Edited by Foxy2

Speaking of Take5 - their standard price (including 20% discount as a member) was in the same ball park or lower IIRC. And that is just for the fact alone that shipping cost and customs/taxes in HK are much lower than in Europe via DC4...

Altogether, this is quite entertaining and rather interesting. I would like to know why after weeks of following-up only just now it dawned upon somebody that there are not enought jeans.

I hope that not too many will jump the ship and we find a nice solution. How about a different model? Producing or waiting for a new batch could take rather long, most probably a year.

The customs aspects for us might be quite "interesting" :(

But I would be up for the 710 if we switched models :D

Great pics Ika!

Hi guys...just back from out trip to Berlin. First, to make it clear, getting our little sideproject started doesn't mean that we skip the contest or switch models. We are still utmost motivated to get this 0500 contest running. Things are difficult regarding that some of the 0500 sizes are out of stock right now, but we all (and that includes Daniel, which is a great guy) are trying to get this contest running as soon as possible. Really sorry that we can't give you an exact starting date (the jeans should have been here already).

We really hope for you to stay on (like we do).

Best,

MP

Edited by Max Power

Thanks Kayo for your super great live reports.

I wish I could have been there too!!

Big hello to Daniel, and Flo and all other raw denim heads here around from the snowy swiss mountains.

I like to wait for the beginning of the contest start, so I can use to spend some more time on my current Denime project

As you know, I'm never getting tired of a heavy worn in raw denim pants

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Oohh so abstraktgeformt is leaving us?

Perhaps I should had to borrow him a pair of jeans from the Jeansmuseum untill the contest starts?

No problem for me to wait.

I like to break in any raw denim stuff the slow and long way, so no worries for me when my old stuff is just slowly falling apart now.

I'll stay on this contest for sure

We just have to give big raw denim hugs to Daniel and BF for their efforts