Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Subscribed and if it weren't for me committed to my PBJs I would have begged to get in on the action, although I still have a pair of SDAs and Momo X Take5s that needs breaking in...

This thread will be as great as the HDC thread for sure!

so... uhhh... if anyone wants to donate money for my sams, you can send it paypal to [email protected]

Hahaha, that sucks, but I couldn't help laughing (sorry).

If you still need some money by the time the contest rolls by and you don't have any money, if I have extra money in my PP account I'll donate some.

saving money till sept. ...i think i could do this :)

but tomorrow's gonna be that day,where I maybe will make my decision I think.Going to pick up my new pair of IH from customs,and if they do fit,I think I'll give up my spot, since I already own a S0500XX lot.10...

so tomorrow i'll know more :)

I also gotta pay for my pair first, haha... But a few bucks I can spare come September, I'm sure.

That's great news regarding the shipping and hemming, b_F. Payment in September seems like a good solution, I'm sure many will appreciate it.

I talked to coleslawyum btw and all sizing issues are resolved now. I'll stay with 38.

The September+ deadline saved me...I'll be in this 100%!

this! but i still am waiting to see the most updated size chart from where we shall be ordering from. keep bouncing between 32 and 33...

shit, I'd received some emails and didn't realize ALL of the questions I had were answered by this thread :o

I guess if I can come up with the cash in time I am down for a 31-32, hard for me to tell though. I think I bought 32's for the RxC.

I just boxed up a TON of stuff I can hopefully sell here/ on my etsy to come up with some $ for this. If you're feeling generous/wanna help me come up with cash here are my two etsy shops with plenty of cool stuff for you to buy.

plumdandee : stuff my wife and I find around

and

Ouvrier, a shop with clothes and a ton of cool ephemera

sorry Max and b_F for being probably the least active in this thread, and one of the later responses.

I think the current top idea for a contest-only leather-thing group buy is a bracelet stamped with "S0500XX".

Thoughts? If at least 10 people are interested I could do them for around $15 each shipped in the states, or a bit more for the overseas folks (sorry).

Open to suggestions if anyone has anything in mind, sounds like we've got time.

i'd buy that for 15bones..

i think a double rap in natural with hardwear like this bracelet you've made would be great

5946749439_2e1f80d76a.jpg

i think the idea of stamping 'S0500XX' is solid

how does stamping each persons contest number on their own bracelet too sound ?

deadendpro: I found the size chart on kaizoku-pirates.com quite helpful as they sell the 0500XX in one wash:

bildschirmfototdsl.png

http://www.kaizoku-pirates.com/SHOP/S0500XX.html

This seems to be a lot#12 and the lot# we will be getting might shrink differently, but maybe this helps a little.

To anyone else unsure about sizes, please look at b_F's fit guide carefully. I thought I did, but various PMs later I realized that I didn't........ A lot of PMs to b_F could have been avoided and he might have had more time negotiating a good deal for all of us. ;) But maybe that was just me.

i think the idea of stamping 'S0500XX' is solid

how does stamping each persons contest number on their own bracelet too sound ?

I think natural leather is a must, so that the bracelet can evolve along with the jeans. I could definitely stamp the contestant number as well, and people could choose between single and double wrap (double would be a tad more).

Buying the leather thing would definitely be optional, it's just a bonus thing for people in the contest who are interested. Totally optional, though I'd like to see at least 10 people get on board so I can justify discounting it.

As far as bracelet vs. belt, I'm wide open, I'd just like to go with whichever thing there's more interest in, so if there's any non-bracelet ideas feel free to throw them out and see if people are interested.

oh, one more thing, if we opt NOT to get them shortened do we get a discount?

its the same concept of how some leathergoods makers offer to put on a slap of obenaufs for free if you want them to and also how you dont walk into selfedge to ask for a discount because you pick the item up at the store..

are you kidding me mate?

its the same concept of how some leathergoods makers offer to put on a slap of obenaufs for free if you want them to and also how you dont walk into selfedge to ask for a discount because you pick the item up at the store..

are you kidding me mate?

i was in there when someone did this. ________ kindly said that they do not offer that as shipping would be free and hence they are not charging, and there is no discount on something that costs you nothing. the person left, understandably. then we laughed at them. :P