Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Yeah

Tillman can wear all those 30 pants in a row since he'is still young. I would like to do this by myself, but in my age I would have to take quite a bunch of those 30 pairs in to my grave yeard and let them age there on the dark side of the earth ha ha ha....

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Bf, it looks like Samurai are not willing to play ball, however on the positive side, DC4 appear to have a good relationship with Flat Head. Why not move away from the dark side and hold a Flat Head contest instead? Was there a Sufu/Self Edge contest years ago - if so, I'm sure it's high time for the anniversary to be marked. Just a thought... :)

that isn't a bad thought and there is something Flathead related in the pipeline. But I don't want to end this before it's really over. Samurai did contest in the past and there is still one running in Indonesia...so they are not generally against contest.

Also they confirmed that they want to take part....but maybe their lack of responses now is the polite Japanese way to say "no"?! I dunno. It really sucks for DC4 right now as they are in between and if this throws a bad light on them (DC4)..it's not fair.

Even if I dropped out, it saddens me to see this stll not having started. We recently talked about how Samurai doesn't seem to care for foreign markets that much at all. I kind of respect them for that (keeping it real and all, yo), but leaving DC4 and you guys hanging in the ropes like that still kinda sucks.

I hope it's more of an intercultural communication problem and not just a sugarcoated "fuck off" as b_F said, but somehow I feel like it's time to get mad and be all like "You know what, we'll do that with somebody who actually cares!" ;( Even if this wouldn't be wise, I know. Just saying.

No probs, til I just appreciate the little updates here and there. Not taking deposits was the right move since we're all here just for the fun of it and none is going to feel like they're owed anything. Whatever happens happens. (but I really want these jeans!) :)

Edited by arcarsenal

I almost hate to bring it up in light of this, but if this contest doesn't happen what will happen with the bracelets for those of us who ordered them?

I'll offer a refund, a plain bracelet, or the already-made stamped bracelets (which will then be a weird, bittersweet memento of what could have been).