Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

At February 22 2010 I have started wearing them every day except a 2 week break for a Scandinavia trip, a 3 week break for repairs and a 6 week break during the Pike Brother tour, so over 610 days of constant wear in them now in a row.

But I have treated them very carefully so far.

I have used them at work and for some outdoor activities.

A lot of sitting around in front of the computer at work, a lot of bicycling, hiking, skiing,..

But I still havn't used them as a work pants yet for real bad jobs out in the dirt.

This will still be ahead for them, when I can't wear them in the office anymore.

And I think they are inpatiently waiting for this downgrading deadline as a work pants

Some areas try to look wilder and wilder with frayings and other issues coming up more and more daily.

They can't wait anymore

I wish I would have a job like GMC motorsports to let them burn down very fast

So it's just a very slow and long fight against their death

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

This shitface of a postman. Maybe one day he will open the wrong package with a bomb inside :-P

It depends on how hungry your postman is.

At least I didn't wrote chocolate on the parcels like before Christmas, where the postman has eaten all the chocolate away, which I have sent to fairylicks as well.

So Felix had to suffer on a real hard chocolate diet

sooooo... would it be productive for me to just go and buy another pair of jeans. something cheaper like APC to tide me over until the contest? or do you have a feeling it will be sooner rather than later. because the APCs would be in the closet for the entirety of the 500xx contest.. ha. I'm just really antsy to begin a new pair soon.

I wish i could tell you something new. daniel will be back today (dunno when exactly) and i hope i can get some new information about a possible start date.

you have no other jeans right now to wear? :)

Well all of my other pants, with the exception of the Carhartts i recently purchased, are nearing imminent crotchsplosion. plus, i'd just really enjoy a fresh pair to wear. but if were going to start in a month or less or something, why would i buy a pair of APCs when i could just wait haha

This shitface of a postman. Maybe one day he will open the wrong package with a bomb inside :-P

snapback.pngswiss-jeansfreak, on 22 January 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

It depends on how hungry your postman is.

At least I didn't wrote chocolate on the parcels like before Christmas, where the postman has eaten all the chocolate away, which I have sent to fairylicks as well.

So Felix had to suffer on a real hard chocolate diet

I just got the information, that the parcel with chocolate for Fairylicks wasn't picked up by Felix. So the parcel went back to Berlin at my hotel during my Bread & Butter staying.

I pm Felix to check back his address to me, so the hotel will resend the parcel to him again.

Hope this work out well for him.

Already the first parcel before Christmas never reached his place.

Strange postmen around Kassel??

^^And about waiting for the contest start: My old Denime pants and the 2 Lee denim jackets are fighting through cold and snowy winter time in the swiss alps. Will probably switch to some spre items after returning home. They really had a hard time now on the skis and during buidling a snow hut

• 2 weeks later...

My old Denime pants are falling apart more and more.

I think, I have to downgrade them now and start breaking in with a new one till this contest will start

I was around at bears in tokyo shimokitazawa today, I thought I saw aho. There is a caucasian around when I entered the shop. First thought: aho! Didn't greet because aho is at Osaka afaik.

Still resisting a new pair of jean because of this contest!

In the mean time I'm still using my old stuff. Today 2 year birthday of breaking in my Denime pants. But now I have to downgrade them. Can't show up with them in the office anymore I think since the left knee lost the battle against a rip 3 days ago.

For a present I gave them today another hard day on a Skitour from my parents house up to the Heinzenberg on 2100 m above sea level. Just 3 days before their 2 years birthday, the left knee lost the fight against a rip, so they are falling apart now very quickly (crosspost from My Nudies what are you wearing today chat):

DSC02731-red.jpg

DSC02733-red.jpg

DSC02704-red.jpg

DSC02701-red.jpg

DSC02677-red.jpg

DSC02648-red.jpg

DSC02623-red.jpg

DSC02568-red.jpg

More pics almost at the end of the series under

https://picasaweb.go...gCMTApuH-_qLcIQ

Sorry for spoiling this thread with my old Denime stuff

Thanks B_F, Yes I know that I'm a crazy raw denim man

I like the endless heavy evolution of never washed raw denim over years. And the most interesting part for those pants have yet to come with much more activities on the rougher side as outdoor and work pants out in the forest or other dirty jobs before they will be retired in my jeansmuseum

And Thin Finn:

The front side is already sort of washed several times from many downhill skings from snow. So at least snow washed. Now they have some bad stains on the front side from this