Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Great news. We are all curious about any news! :)

you can get on the list. but jeans were ordered on tuesday in the sizes the contestants have chosen. so if someone drops out (which I don't think will happen at this stage but who knows) you have to be his size. if you would have asked me last week or 10 days ago you could have been in this.

so guys. only had a short chat with Daniel. dude is mad busy. we will chat again tomorrow.

what I can tell you so far is: samurai is thinking about how they can support us in this contest. good to know that we have dc4 and samurai as supporters!

bad news: no news about the start date or when the jeans will be shipped :( sorry...

No problem for me.

Since 3 days my old Denime pants are back in rotation after the Pike Brothers jeans have left my home to Hamburg to almostnice.

And I love my old jeans.

Only point is, that my office friends are more and more scared about my wilder and wilder looking old pair of jeans.

They'll hit the 600 day wear mark very soon of constant daily wear!!!

awesome to hear that samurai are as pumped about this contest as all of us. we're in the home stretch now, guys! a little more waiting ain't shit to us!

^ The idea is great, but this is the most insane time of year for me. I have trouble finding the time to shop for family :(

don't worry riff, i'm in minnesota, that's basically canada.

:D I used to go to minneapolis a lot on business - it's actually further north in latitude than the gta. MN is a stunning place...

Would be great to start at the beginning of the next year. Otherwise I'll really get in troubles with my old Denime pants still used as my office pants.

I already promised to my office people, that I'll replace my pants with the new contest pants very soon and now I just hope, they can stand it for some more time watching me with my old pants and that they don't kill me over the next days......

Although I like those old pants more and more every day.

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

^just wear another pair of your 1000 jeans :P

how about the SDA D1388?

so I don't really see your problem :)

Yeah I know, I would have easy access to many other pants. But I prefere to wear the same pants for quite a long time in a row.

And I usually don't switch to another pair of jeans just for a few couple of weeks. I made an exception with the Pike Brothers jeans though.

And on the other hand why not give my office people a great topic to discuss during coffee break time about my quite rough looking pair of jeans. They just have reached about the same worn out look like my two Lee denim jackets so just a perfect combination.

In fact no worries about my clothes. I'll still survive the next weeks with them. And I really like the last steps of raw denim evolution, when they start showing up more and more "life activities" with almost daily changes of breaking threads, birth of new holes and cracks and super great honey combs and stronger fadings.

2 days ago my left back pocket got a little hole because of a lose thread.

And another hole was created a little bit earlier because of my flyers worn in the same back pocket

At the moment my pants almost can't wait for the birth of the first hole on my right knee.

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Wow, they received a hard treatment from you!!

They are looking super great.

Let's compare with the postwash pics later