Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

@ all: like b_f said, we're negotiating that the prices will be lower or at least not more expensive than jap. retail - 25000 Yen. So go figure out yourselves...

And - the price should not affect the decision to stay in the contest, as it is a bout wearing the jeans and have a great debate and experience together here. If it's just about getting cheaper jeans and prizes, you're wrong, sorry.

This. The whole package will be attractive, either because of the price, the prize or the extra stuff. Plus the chance to be in the contest. You can bet, we are pushing the sponsor hard to give us most possible credit, but we can not determine a price that we wish for and still ask for extra freebies.

Concerning the inseam: I am shure (and hoping), that the S0500XX will shrink to 36-36,5" inseam, so they will come with about ~38-38,5 ".

^I hope we and you won't be disappointed. So far we had some (in my eyes) good ideas, but who knows what the (even more crazy, btw) Japanese make out of it. Maybe they surprise us with even better stuff.

Cheap/ Faptronic: We'll see, maybe there'll be a place for you in the contest anyway. Not that I wish for, but I fear that some might drop out still. But, in general, this thread has been so active, that it seems that most contestants are really dedicated. So, thank you all already for making this possible.

@ the dutch dudes: Maybe we can arrange a meetup in Amsterdam some time, I would love to go there again. And this might help us abandon some of the old cliches. I'll be there, if the Autobahn isn't blocked by dutch trailers :D

i'm pretty sure that Tenue de Nimes is gonna throw the party for their 3rd anniversary. if you can manage to get you ass here, i'll bring y'all to crash the party. hopefully i will be available for "before and after party" as well, let me know your best interests (space brownish, red light etc etc....) and you wont be disappointed :P

regarding to the price.... i dont mind paying full price esp with those "special" things that will be featured on these 30 special pairs (spoiler spoiler... sorry i cant give y'all further detail, i promise Max to zip my mouth otherwise he's gonna break my pinkie :eek:)

but again 250$ will be sooooo f :cool: and i'm down with it....

And there it is again like in every contest. The talk about prices. I hate it. Does one of you really think we'll get 75$ off and free shipping and stuff? Like I said, samurai don't want to see their jeans on discount but we are trying to get an exception. Sorry, but if that's not enough for some of you, the back-up list is big.

It's you decision lax if you want to give your spot to cheap. :)

@ the dutch dudes: Maybe we can arrange a meetup in Amsterdam some time, I would love to go there again. And this might help us abandon some of the old cliches. I'll be there, if the Autobahn isn't blocked by dutch trailers :D

Max,

Maybe you can ride to Amsterdam on one of the bikes your grandad took from the Dutch dudes grandads! :)

http://www.dutchdailynews.com/german-soldier-returns-dutch-bike/

not that im in this contest but $250 will be a mad price to ask for. its almost like they have to get undercut and provide free services as well — which is ridiculous. regular retail price with free hemming and mabbe shipping will be already a damn fantastic deal. competition is about the denim man, not how much discount you can get even with group orders and all. contrary to belief, things are not exactly cheaper with group buys. working overtime to produce the requested quantity, extra time needed for hem jobs and order processing. you wouldnt exactly be pleased if your boss wanted to pay you less and have you do more work, will you?

Guys cmon...we only joking about the pricing , retail price +free shipping is more than enough, we know that it was almost immpossible to get the crazy discount anywhere...that it was only a consumers dreams to get that kind of discount

not that im in this contest but $250 will be a mad price to ask for. its almost like they have to get undercut and provide free services as well — which is ridiculous. regular retail price with free hemming and mabbe shipping will be already a damn fantastic deal. competition is about the denim man, not how much discount you can get even with group orders and all. contrary to belief, things are not exactly cheaper with group buys. working overtime to produce the requested quantity, extra time needed for hem jobs and order processing. you wouldnt exactly be pleased if your boss wanted to pay you less and have you do more work, will you?

Even in case most of the comments were meant as jokes, this statement needs to be quoted for truth.

As I stated earlier, the slubs and fibres differ between the lots, and I think Lot 11 was the most slubby one. Right, b_f?

this! I found my Lot.11 slubbier (and has more little cotton bumps all over the denim) than my Lot.10 and Lot.12. Lot.12 is nearly "flat" compared to the other 2