Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Just for reference if anyone is debating about a size (28-30), I usually wear 29 in Samurai, 29 in Flat Head, 30 in IH ODs and 29 in regular IHs. I am going with a 29 in this contest so TTS.

lax, i think it's only me you and kay (and probably riff) is in that size range. when i take a look at the list everyone else is like 32/33 onwards. damn i feel so damn skinny.

sooo...some things I hope I'm allowed to say

1. Normally, Samurai doesn't allow their retailers to sell their jeans below Samurai's offcial price. But we are in contact with them and try to get an exception just for this contest

2. I try to get free shipping for the contest pairs

3. I hope (and I'm very positive on this) to get free chainstitch hemming for the contest pairs.

Now to the guys from the waiting list: please also figure out your size as it would make it easier to put you in the contest if someone drops out.

As we want all your sizes till friday, we're also going to make the order then (or at least inform Samurai what we need)

lax, i think it's only me you and kay (and probably riff) is in that size range. when i take a look at the list everyone else is like 32/33 onwards. damn i feel so damn skinny.

continuing Lax, i wear 28 in IHod, 28 in FH, 28 in NFxMomotaro, well.... basically i wear 28 in all "men's" jeans.... i'm so damn lucky not to be size zero model.... but in this case, if bf manages to get 27 i'll prob wear 27, otherwise 28....

and speaking of 28-30 size, i talked to lax before about the idea of making small size jeans tour and yes... we already have 4 people, thanks louis :)

but not now... there are some tours and contests going on... maybe in the future....

bf; salute to you T, really appreciate what you've done so far for this contest! and i want cheep on board too....

So any ideas on how to fund cheap? I'm down, I think he absolutely has to be in this.

I chose a 38, because I gained weight and don't want a slim fit on these. I usually wear a 36 in everything, but have limited experience with premium denim. My ALD Frontier (favorite and only pair) had 36 tag size, but were about 37 from the start and are now at 38. Those were a loose fit on top of all that and that's why I think a 38 would be best, even if I could squeeze myself into a 36.

I know a 36 would eventually stretch to a 38, but still.... the fit of the 0500 intimidates me. Plus I expect the 38 to only stretch about 1 inch like my ALDs because of the looser fit. Natural waist is really at a whopping 38. :o

Most importantly: If I'm wrong and they are too big in the end, it doesn't matter, I would still rock em. ;)

when is the buying date for this? i MAY be able to save some money up if i have a few weeks of overtime at work, plus birthday money the middle of this month...

shit... if i didnt wear all my jeans id even sell a pair.

i dont know... this is something i do want to be a part of. i was robbed in the last one.

^as they don't make a 37, the 38 would surely be the better option in the end. especially you can soak them to shrink back whenever needed.

concerning cheep: well everybody who wants to sponsor him could send him 10$ and he mght be able to buy the pair then. if he accepts such a donation. but the only problem is, our list is full :-/

when is the buying date for this? i MAY be able to save some money up if i have a few weeks of overtime at work, plus birthday money the middle of this month...

shit... if i didnt wear all my jeans id even sell a pair.

i dont know... this is something i do want to be a part of. i was robbed in the last one.

robbed by adsurgo or HJJ? ;)

well as the price is not set yet, I can't tell you exactly when to pay. but I assure you, there are some weeks left (or maybe I can manage it for you that you can pay later. for you, not everyody else because that would be too much trouble)

continuing Lax, i wear 28 in IHod, 28 in FH, 28 in NFxMomotaro, well.... basically i wear 28 in all "men's" jeans.... i'm so damn lucky not to be size zero model.... but in this case, if bf manages to get 27 i'll prob wear 27, otherwise 28....

and speaking of 28-30 size, i talked to lax before about the idea of making small size jeans tour and yes... we already have 4 people, thanks louis :)

but not now... there are some tours and contests going on... maybe in the future....

I think you would be fine with 28 kayodic, I'm sure it'll be a little big, but I doubt it would be baggy, definitely not skin tight though.

As forthwith jeans tour, you can count on me :) but I can't promise the most inspirational updates or the most fun, I got a ton of stuff going on these next two years, well12th grade would be more ideal for me!

And as for cheap, cheep, faptronic, whatever hisusername is im looking forward To his part of this contest!

Wow, what happened here over night? Sorry for being in "real life" (and I am tonight, too, seeing Polar Bear Club and Ceremony :D). And thank you all for your interest.

So, if I am not mistaken, we need your 100% confirmation this week, if anybody here thinks of dropping out or not buying these jeans, please let us know ASAP, so that others get the chance. The list we have this friday will be the final contestant list, meaning that you will have to buy the jeans in the size you gave us.

Until then, we should also have prices and conditions. Like b_f said, we are talking about a lower retail price than in Japan, some special stuff and prizes. Makes the whole package pretty attractive, I think.