Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Are you guys in the Heavyweight Denim Contest going to do both?

Me. I mean it is easy when you have only one pair, but for the people with 2 it won't be that easy. Rest assured this will be my main pair after the other samurai contest ends

So for now we will close the contestans list as we are still waiting for the response of some members MaxPower contacted beforehand ans our limit is planned for 30 contestants.

You can still PM me or let me know in this thread if you are interested and I'll put you on a backup list for possible dropouts. So don't be hesitant to contact me!

Thank you so much for your interest so far everyone! :)

Great idea, 15 month would be pretty nice. 30 contestants sounds like a lot. I've been away for a while, so I don't know if it is still like this, but with that many contestants I expect a lot of them to opt out... 15 sounds healthier, but might affect the discount. Plus you would probably have to hand pick each contestant, which might result in sour faces and an elitist reputation...

And hey, Kayo, you should organize a Party at Red Wing Amsterdam for the European Chapter at 7.5 month or something. Or at the end for everybody. Or both?! You are the No. 1 Denim Party girl as far as I can tell, so get this done, okay?! ;) If you do this, you can cheer all you want, I promise. I'll even get you some Pompoms. ;P

or really? thanks for your compliment even though i dont really look like one ;)

frankly i dont know why i'll be doing this contest, some people take it seriously but cmonn..... do i look like a big competitor to y'all? let's just have some fun here ok...

First of all, a big Thank You to Florian (Max Power) and Tilmann (beautiful_Freak).

I think a few 'must' in this contest,

1. Newspaper start

2. Kayodic in contest :D

The rest is fine with me, although I prefer 18 months duration. But I think I can go with what the majority wants.

hahaha... we'll see what i can do.... i have 0 chances of winning, that's why BF and Max put me in this contest! :D

Ah, it's not about winning, if I do join, I won't stand a chance either. But hey, it may not have sounded like I was serious... But I was. XD A party would be great! Your recent party pics were very inspiring, that's all. Amsterdam seems to have some nice spots there too. But let's wait until Max and b_F reveal the sponsor. If it is who I think it is, the potential party might be right in my neck of the woods... Let's wait and see.

Hi all, again thank ou all for the great interest in this contest. As b_f said, we want to keep the contestant list at a level of approx. 30 people, that were mailed by us in most cases. Of course, everybody else can utter his/her interest and if we pass the 30 people, there will be a waiting list, as I think some guys might drop out before the start.

I hope you understand, that we want/must keep the list at this level in respect to our sponsor and because of the family thought behind it.

I am deeply sorry for being absent so much (and fear, that I am not much online the next two days as well, as some serious private issues occured plus I have to do a meetup with almostnice.). But feel free to PM me and I will try my best to answer you.

BTW: We've added TheNorthern to the contestant list.

And to hollowsleather: Thanks a lot already for the offer, as we have some time left, I'm sure we can work something out.

or really? thanks for your compliment even though i dont really look like one ;)

frankly i dont know why i'll be doing this contest, some people take it seriously but cmonn..... do i look like a big competitor to y'all? let's just have some fun here ok...

hahaha... we'll see what i can do.... i have 0 chances of winning, that's why BF and Max put me in this contest! :D

The main reason I chose you for this contest, was that I wouldn't want to look at my or b_f's face all the time I open up the thread. We need some Estrogen in this to keep it interesting.

woot glad to see this thread up now...ready and willing, let's get this going! I have a notorious reputation for not being the best competitor in competitions but I feel like the stars are aligned for this one ;) And also, I really can't believe it's been 5 years now since the original...

The main reason I chose you for this contest, was that I wouldn't want to look at my or b_f's face all the time I open up the thread. We need some Estrogen in this to keep it interesting.

OVARIES FTW! man, with the list of contestants i feel like there can even be a ... i'll pm the idea to B_F and Max. but i do very much so agree, having female competitors (contestants) is always good, it calms us meatheads and type-1 personalities from ripping each other apart

jk, we all love each other.

I think I am more so in this not for the prizes but for the pair of jeans, I mean c'mon a pair of samurais is like a prize. Plus I would rather have a nice worn in pair.

As for the belt I would be down for a custom belt, I kind of need a new one..

Please count me in as well. Been wanting to do another contest since the Warehouse one, and I might as well add a pair of Samurai into my rotation!

thinking about the details.... S0500XX cut is perfect (i'd need a hem to 34")

starting October the 31th, 2011 would be cool

i also think a duration of 15 months would be perfect

price, prizes, & customizations are whatever to me.... whatever you two can get is good enough

& i think the rules are just right as is

i also like the idea of a 30 user battle.... it can make things interesting to follow with a lower number of contestants

this is going to be awesome as it progresses !

Okay, you got me! Shame on you, MP and b_F, for spending my hard earned savings (actually set aside for a nice Cam) on a jeans in a contest I never ever could win. Should rename myself from Rotbart to Mr.Slowfade ...:rolleyes:

But it´s all for the fun, "Dabei sein ist alles!", like we say in Germany.

Soo, I think the direction we're going gets clearer. In any case, I pledge for a contest with a duration of 15-18 months. As everybody is horny on these jeans (including me), the start date of October 31st should be doable, and in such a long-time contest it shouldn't matter, if some weeks have to be skipped because of other contests.

Now the sad part: like we said, we wanted to have the contest among few friends and wouldn't have expected such a big resonance. So, we will (at least, until everything is settled with our sponsor) maintain the limit of 30 contestants, that were mostly PM'd by us. As there are still some answers missing, I beg you to understand that we have to wait, if anybody of those will join in.

But everybody who shows interest will be added to a back-up list and be able to get in, if somebody drops-out. (Maybe b_f can update his post later)

And now I am really excited and a bit proud, what resonance an idea caused, that was born two days ago :D

Okay, you got my! Shame on you, MP and b_F, for spending my hard earned savings (actually set aside for a nice Cam) on a jeans in a contest I never ever could win. Should rename myself from Rotbart to Mr.Slowfade ...:rolleyes:

But it´s all for the fun, "Dabei sein ist alles!", like we say in Germany.

Indeed. And the jawns are worth it, it features the most interesting denim. Plus you get the chance, to do a contest with nice people (that were all chosen because of their non-fading lifestyle, btw :P). And there are some goodies in discussion, that you might like...

@ all / laxlife: what do you think of some leather item, that everybody in the contest could exclusively purchase? (If I understood hollowsleather right)?

@ all / laxlife: what do you think of some leather item, that everybody in the contest could exclusively purchase? (If I understood hollowsleather right)?

I am down. I would personally rather have it for a belt though because I would actually need one. But I am interested to see what else is available.