Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Well, personally I would rather have an 18 month contest than 24 month. I would actually be heading off to college if it is a 24 month contest (at least at the end of the contest), and it would be a bit hard to update then, so I think 18 month would be fine. Besides some people will probably destroy their pairs within 12 months.

I am down for the newspaper + jeans, that sounds good! Although since I hate waiting I think October 31st is better than December 31st! And it is true the more people we get the more of a chance we will have at getting a bigger discount.

abstraktgeformt; you know that i was dragged by herr freak and flower themselves to join this contest so i cant escape anymore.... i promise i'll spice up this contest as much as i can even though i prefer to sit in the bench as cheersquad ;)

bf and max; why not 15 months? representing 15 oz....

Not too bad, this idea. And 2x15 contestants? Gets too intellectual challenging for me :-P

In any case, we are glad to have at least one girl in this contest, and a good one, too. Although I still hope for tg76 to give us positive feedback.

Edit: cool, BOF, highly appreciated!

+1 on the newspaper thing

I can only commit to one pair that much because I'm usually broke as fuck. ;) Good for evo.

Don't know where you will be ordering all those jawnz (although I have an idea...) but any idea if these guys can hem? No place around here does chainstitching, that's why I ask. I definitely can't do a 36 inseam. Would be a nice touch if they arrived chainstitched and all. Might be difficult to keep track of with 20+ pairs....

hmmm

1) I owe BF since I stopped wearing my s0500jxs due to losing 20 lbs this year.

2) I owe BF 2 since he helped me figure out a pair of unworn with tags s0500s I have in my closet were one washes. which brings me to...

3) I already have a pair of these waiting to be worn.

4) I will save money by not buying another pair this year

BF, Max, will I still be able to join if I already own a pair? I literally have not worn them one day yet and the tags are still on them. But I'm not sure how it affects the sponsor/prizes though.

abstraktgeformt; you know that i was dragged by herr freak and flower themselves to join this contest so i cant escape anymore.... i promise i'll spice up this contest as much as i can even though i prefer to sit in the bench as cheersquad ;)

bf and max; why not 15 months? representing 15 oz....

Great idea, 15 month would be pretty nice. 30 contestants sounds like a lot. I've been away for a while, so I don't know if it is still like this, but with that many contestants I expect a lot of them to opt out... 15 sounds healthier, but might affect the discount. Plus you would probably have to hand pick each contestant, which might result in sour faces and an elitist reputation...

And hey, Kayo, you should organize a Party at Red Wing Amsterdam for the European Chapter at 7.5 month or something. Or at the end for everybody. Or both?! You are the No. 1 Denim Party girl as far as I can tell, so get this done, okay?! ;) If you do this, you can cheer all you want, I promise. I'll even get you some Pompoms. ;P

This is a tough nut. We would be glad to have you on board, but as I see it, we will be limited to the sponsored pairs. Mr. BF is also buying a new pair, although he owns an unworn pair.

And concerning the chainstitching: this might be included and offered, but please be patient until everything is settled.

Great idea, 15 month would be pretty nice. 30 contestants sounds like a lot. I've been away for a while, so I don't know if it is still like this, but with that many contestants I expect a lot of them to opt out... 15 sounds healthier, but might affect the discount. Plus you would probably have to hand pick each contestant, which might result in sour faces and an elitist reputation...

And hey, Kayo, you should organize a Party at Red Wing Amsterdam for the European Chapter at 7.5 month or something. Or at the end for everybody. Or both?! You are the No. 1 Denim Party girl as far as I can tell, so get this done, okay?! ;) If you do this, you can cheer all you want, I promise. I'll even get you some Pompoms. ;P

Well, the contestants have been chosen carefully so far, so we expect no drop outs. Of course, things might happen that we can't foresee, but the idea was, to do this as contest among friends so we chose not to do a realy free-for-all contest, although applicants might be accepted.

First of all, a big Thank You to Florian (Max Power) and Tilmann (beautiful_Freak).

I think a few 'must' in this contest,

1. Newspaper start

2. Kayodic in contest :D

The rest is fine with me, although I prefer 18 months duration. But I think I can go with what the majority wants.

cool, understood/no biggie if it's limited to the sponsored pairs. I will watch the thread for more info :D

This is a tough nut. We would be glad to have you on board, but as I see it, we will be limited to the sponsored pairs. Mr. BF is also buying a new pair, although he owns an unworn pair.

yeah sorry, it is limited to the contest pairs. as Max said, I will also buy a new pair just for this contest.

@not too tight: I don't think it's a bad thing that contests provide you with a nice wrdrobe ;)

@all: chainstitching is of course available!

@BOF: welcome! great that you'll join :)

thanks Tigerprawn!

@gilan: it's your decision. just let me know.

@lifatsupra: added

@smittybat: I'm quite sure I'll do a bit rotating

@tvshooter: really sad to hear that! I already looked forward to your posts! :) maybe you change your mind...so I let your name on the list ;)