Supreme 2011 F/W

I only ever read the Supreme threads, probably the best place to find out what's dropping, what's good and what's shit...

that was true a few years ago but no one really posts here anymore. nowadays if you want supreme news you have to go strictly, though the tradeoff is that everyone there is 12. it's entertaining to see readytoignite, aka streetwear's frasier crane, contribute there though. his posts stick out like a sore thumb. still i can only stand to sift through the crap there just a few minutes at a time.

haha, I haven't come across the girls in Supreme thread yet..

I kinda agree SS is more frequently updated etc. but as you said, I can't be bothered sifting through all the shit that the 12 year old's post. I also respect people's opinions here, a lot more than SS.

Plus, I kinda wanna stay true to my roots and Sufu.

kind of crazy with the market on camp caps (though i think it will drop substantially with the new season if supreme is on the ball)... it makes me think that this new fanbase has different priorities than the one that created the last pricing bubble.

e.g. i really don't get how the leaves or safari camp caps could be the blazers of the new generation. it also makes me consider the number of ways the brand could have gotten lazy but didn't. hoping the new one doesn't suck

Yea, I've also noticed that the big ticket items now aren't the pieces you think that would sell but stuff like snapbacks and camps. I posted a Go To Hell snapback on SS and had 17 PM's for it in twenty minutes. Not quite sure how to read that; maybe younger folk getting into the brand who still can't fathom the idea of dropping 120 on a shirt? It seems like lately the people into Supreme are no longer the high fashion minded heads who appreciate it in the manner that a lot of us appreciate japanese streetwear, but young kids seeing tyler and the like wearing this stuff and really reaching out for iconic, cheaper pieces. Not a judgement, just an observation.

I feel like Supreme have taken it in stride, and a lot of folk are probably projecting anxieties about the brand onto their product line as of late. Spring Summer was a relatively good season all around though, minus the questionable zebra camo (was worth it for the pic of the guy on SS in the entire Zebra suit tho). I'm sure there is going to be some bangers this Fall Winter, and if the rumors of a Timberland collabo are true I hope it's a little more tactful than the neon leopard print staple collabo.

Guest freedomfighter

^ people just want a logo they can wear everyday. Wearing a Supreme box cap is like having a LV monogram bag. No need to waste money on unbranded or subtle things, those don't impress strangers.