Supreme 2011 F/W

oh and who the hell was asking for Realtree camo? I feel like a few seasons ago we would have seen a novel flip on the idea, not straight up "I'm going hunting with my uncle in the adirondacks" style stuff. I would have loved to see multicam, but I'm betting that costs more $$ to license.

the funny thing is they did a poor man's realtree a few years ago (the criminally misnamed "woodland camp cap." i dig the dqm shadowgrass snapback more though.

For awhile now I think Supreme has been diverging into essentially two lines a more bright, flashy sportswear/streetwear line and a line of higher end basics (army inspired gear, oxfords etc)

Personally

I like the New Yorker flip, paisley hoody (cant decide which color im gonna get) and Hennesy Jersey

are we now on such a birth/death/rebirth cycle that nobody calls the hundreds on the all-over paisley print (speaking of grnappletree)? i would add a third subbrand which is the part competing with j. crew btw

@Willy Missed that one, nice looking jacket tho I bet it's priced way high due to that tricot 3l (which kind of sucked on the old NF anoraks tbqh, does not breathe for shit)

the fishtail seems like something they wanted to do a couple years back but couldn't quite engineer. but yeah, stone island shadow did pretty much the same thing last year - breathable inner bonded to cotton. actually this was kind of visvim's stock in trade too.

i've been reading the new yorker for years but don't think i can bring myself to wear a hoodie with eustace tilley on the front

yeah this is going to be pretty funny. i always dread those anniversary issues b/c i hate that dude.

although this will keep ms. sally's hopes alive for a david sedaris photo tee.

if anyone cares i will be down on friday; gotta skip before peak train service though

this is before i started buying mostly online -- i'd always walk out of the fairfax store and feel like a doof, lugging giant white and red plastic bags on the way to the car. i can't imagine hauling around those stupid supreme bags on the street and down to the subway. then again, in new york there are people walking around with potted plants, fish tanks, suitcases stuffed with body parts, etc.

Any guesses on what the retail price of the miners jacket and Fishtail parka might be?

i would guess miners 500, fishtail 300

also i should mention that the most interesting pieces are the variations on cut and sewn tops... also psyched about the polartec pullover in concept. surprised about the interest in the reversible fleece, which looks straight to warehouse.

okay my impressions:

the new lookbook does not help. i thought the lookbooks for the past 2 seasons w/dill were great: i liked the fitted look of the clothes on him and the pics gave me a good feel for the various items.

what's the deal w/beige this season? I mean I'm all for some khaki/tan/cream/beige, but when it's the background for all 3 colorways of henley's, factory flannels and striped polo sweaters I start to ask "what's going on here".

paisley hoodies / shorts are interesting but disgusting.

I like the fur-hooded work parka.

the oddness of the horizontal striped shirt confused me at first but then it kind've got me stoked but i wonder if it'd just look weird?

liberty print is interesting / disgusting / tempting all at the same time. I still haven't worn my navy liberty that i bought last season.

leopard print and checkers might as well carry a Supreme trademark at this point.

two-tone pullover is fun.

nice to see olive and yellow/mustard in the mix.

camp caps are all luxe'd out this season.

waterproof parka is cool but i'm not a fan of fishtails.

blue leather down is kinda sick but for a while now i've been expecting / hoping for some non-bulky non-motorcycle'y leather jacket a la some low-key bomber or something....still hasn't happened.

clint eastwood is on that mall t-shirt tip.

club jacket is pretty sick but waxed fabrics somehow always seem like kind've a nightmare to me?

realtree camo is sick.

cords are sick. cords cords cords. also i'm a big fan of supreme jeans. treat yourself to some supreme jeans. are people still stacking? stacks are weak.

I don't think the Miners jacket will cost that much. I'd say high threes, low fours at most.

sounds about right

Miners jacket is 46,200yen in Japan and USA prices are always lower

EDIT:

Ive uploaded some pics from COOLTRANS with prices of some of the items

It might help give u an idea of what the American prices will be again, bearing in mind that the Japanese prices are always MORE than USA.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/yom_photos/95378562.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/yom_photos/f0439b1d.jpg

sounds about right

Miners jacket is 46,200yen in Japan and USA prices are always lower

EDIT:

Ive uploaded some pics from COOLTRANS with prices of some of the items

It might help give u an idea of what the American prices will be again, bearing in mind that the Japanese prices are always MORE than USA.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/yom_photos/95378562.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/yom_photos/f0439b1d.jpg

thanks so much. do you have more scans?

assuming the price of camp caps is the same as previous seasons,

i'm applying this quick ratio: $38/6,300yen * [japanese price]

seems like a steal for the miner's jacket... just about $280 with that conversion? i was thinking somewhere in the low to mid threes as well.

lol at "IMPERIRL"

thanks for the scans, Yom. waiting for a fit pic with that nbhd coach :cool:

no probs

im waiting for the weather to drop below 35C everyday so I can wear it lol

okay my impressions:

the new lookbook does not help. i thought the lookbooks for the past 2 seasons w/dill were great: i liked the fitted look of the clothes on him and the pics gave me a good feel for the various items.

Yea, I'm not a fan of the look books where they just layer like fifty pieces onto the guy, stuff like a hoodie under a jersey under a jacket. Also lol at the random cigarette in the miner jacket look. Best in there is probably the all black one with the vest/t/beanie/work pants.

blue leather down is kinda sick but for a while now i've been expecting / hoping for some non-bulky non-motorcycle'y leather jacket a la some low-key bomber or something....still hasn't happened.

Still kicking myself over missing that bomber from like 3 years ago, the knit collar and cuff one with the slash chest pocket.

cords are sick. cords cords cords. also i'm a big fan of supreme jeans. treat yourself to some supreme jeans. are people still stacking? stacks are weak.

Where the fuck are the black jeans :mad: If anyone's selling size 34 black supreme denim get at me.

In lieu of any outerwear that I see working on myself this season (being a short dude I can't fuck w/ a trench, fishtail, or that n3b) I might cop that moleskin vest. i've wanted one of those carhartt ones but this one has just the right changes that it may be worth the investment (fabric, smaller pockets, subtle quilting)

*oh and whats with calling the trench the sagamore, which was last years parka? It has the detailing of the timberline waxed jacket.