Supreme 2011 F/W

It seems like lately the people into Supreme are no longer the high fashion minded heads who appreciate it in the manner that a lot of us appreciate japanese streetwear, but young kids seeing tyler and the like wearing this stuff and really reaching out for iconic, cheaper pieces. Not a judgement, just an observation.

yeah that's probably true - a cap gets you farther than a t-shirt i guess. also explains why this thread's been slow here as the stoopreme draws that fanbase over

btw i finally got around to doing a s/s 2011 recap... for your consideration in the approximately five hours until they post the new preview and everyone goes nuts:

http://thecrossfire.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/supreme-2011-springsummer-recapish/

FW 11 preview is up...

wouldn't mind some paisley shorts, crew neck sweat, and a virgin mary beanie.

fools gonna go nutty for those leopard, snakeskin and camo camp caps.

http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/fallwinter2011

Our Fall/Winter collection will be available on August 25th at our NY/LA stores, August 27th in Japan and September 22nd at our new London store.

The preview and random sections have been updated.

Our online shop will re-open on September 1st.

ehhhh

puffy pullover maybe if it doesnt fit too smedium....

fly shirt....

feel like most of its been done before and was executed better

This.

The miner's jacket is pretty sick, but I imagine it'll be price pointed out of my league.

Puffy pullover is definitely a possibility though

Puffy Pullover is one of those conceptually good, why the fuck would I want a pullover jacket that's covered in snow and soaking wet in concept pieces, easy pass.

Crucifix knife is on some castlevania shit.

Shirting is pretty lame across the board; lots of rehashes and boring spring summer looking tartans and plaids.

Interesting pallette, and the deployment of argyle and paisley is kind of inspired, but not in the ways I wanted. Argyle lined coaches jacket would have been great. Instead we're getting some shit that looks like Grn Apple Tree (remember that brand?)

Only things i'm really interested in are the New Yorker hoodie, the quilted work jacket, the two tone pullover, some chinos, and that fuck rug.

And am I missing something, or is there no military inspired jacket this year? That whack N2B style parka not withstanding.

Puffy Pullover is one of those conceptually good, why the fuck would I want a pullover jacket that's covered in snow and soaking wet in concept pieces, easy pass.

This is exactly what I thought, that thing will be a real life nightmare. Pullover jackets in general are a better idea than reality.

I like the fishtail and miner's jackets, otherwise there does seem to be a lot of previously covered ground here. Curious to see what else is in the pipeline.

i'm a sucker for pullovers....

not planning to climb everest with it....maybe run to deli and back.....

Quoted for truth. The North Face Nuptse isn't water proof and its one of the best selling down jackets in the world.

Plus, it doesn't snow that bad in England.

Reference wise i'm seeing mid 90's mountain/collegiate gear (the reversable pullover, the arc logo pullover, neon trail caps) some english shout outs due to the London store (imperial hoodie, paisley, trench coat, peacoat, m51), then some interesting material treatments of classics (velvet and suede trooper caps, wool new eras) and modern workwear (carhartt style vest, n2b style jacket, chamois shirt, quilted down jacket)

Seeing that fly print on the sneakers I was assuming we would have seen some more punk influenced gear, but doesn't seem like it's going to go that way

oh and who the hell was asking for Realtree camo? I feel like a few seasons ago we would have seen a novel flip on the idea, not straight up "I'm going hunting with my uncle in the adirondacks" style stuff. I would have loved to see multicam, but I'm betting that costs more $$ to license.

Yeah seems like theres some lazy attempts to cash in on what they predicted as trends for the season. Now the the line is larger its slightly disappointing that these attemps are less thinly veiled than in the past. For awhile now I think Supreme has been diverging into essentially two lines a more bright, flashy sportswear/streetwear line and a line of higher end basics (army inspired gear, oxfords etc)

Personally

I like the New Yorker flip, paisley hoody (cant decide which color im gonna get) and Hennesy Jersey