Superdenim, help! Traveling to Tokyo!

david3558

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to say that I'm going to Japan for the first time tomorrow, definitely the highlight of my Asia trip this year. Trying to get prepared, I spent a considerable amount of money on Japanese catalogs and magazines (Toys McCoy, Lightning, etc) to try to get an idea of what shops are available in the Tokyo district. However, upon looking at these magazines and online sources, I was overwhelmed with the sheer amount of shops that I could visit.

That being said, I'm trying to see if I can get some first-hand recommendations from you all on places that offer the goods I'm looking for at reasonable prices :)

Specifically:

*Buzz Rickson - looking for the William Gibson MA-1

*Toys McCoy/ Real McCoy

*Long leather wallets - brands and shops less known outside of Japan

*Iron Heart, Flat Head - looking for slimmer cuts

I suppose I'm looking for shops that have a good assortment of products, or at the very least a thorough collection of a certain brand, that way I can try on different sizes to get a better feel of the fit. I haven't been fortunate enough to get a chance to try this stuff on back in the states :(

PS - staying in the Shinjuku (Prince Hotel)

Thanks so much in advance,

David

shinjuku is quite far from ueno, harajuku , shibuya anyways just a couple of stops away

just go to these spots theyre the perfect place just walk around and youll find them!

fh - smaclo harajuku

IH - hinoya ueno

toys mccoys- setagaya

real mccoy-shibuya

omnigod- right across real mccoy

denime- shibuya

warehouse -harajuku near smaclo

sda- near warehouse

definitely go to evisu ! just walk from evisu to shibuya and harajuku