Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Vicesman: Already your fit is quite good. A W 29 should give you a second skin type of fit. I hope you'll let us see it when the time comes. Rep+ for your first post and some 501s that gonna look real good in a year or three.

Will take into consideration. I guess I can just patch it up a bit, but dam I keep staring at it lol. So washing before the hole starts to develop will slow down the process? My friends say it will soften it so it won't rub as tough.

Yes, if you wash before the it wears through, the yarn will shrink up tightly again, but it'll just keep wearing through, so best thing to do is to wash, let dry and then patch. Patching after it wears through is a whole lot more troublesome. And indeed, all raw stf jeans get the problem sooner or later. I wear LVC stf's and they all develop wear spots and eventually holes, it's part of the deal I'm afraid...

The final submissions for the mynudies 501 contest are all in. I wanted to share them here as well, because that contest produced an amazing gallery. Indeed, anyone who maligns these humble jeans is truly betraying a certain level of ignorance and arrogance.

Please don't give me any rep for this post. These are other people's jeans.

5404947148_fdfab644b6_z.jpg

5404341383_147d5aa157_z.jpg

_MG_0759.jpg

_MG_0758.jpg

5405779657_140dfb373d_z.jpg

5405893841_197478f20f_z.jpg

SAM_0427-1.jpg

SAM_0433.jpg

P1082296.jpg

P1082292.jpg

^Awesome to see some great STFs, especially liking the progress on the Black pair.

Here is my pair of STFs. They were my first pair of raw denim, that were quickly followed by APCs, and have spent a lot of their life as work jeans. They've been machine washed (hot) and dried DOZENS of times. I love them.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

are those knights? i've only seen pics of them on levi's website.. and they dont have that awkward blue that regular STF's have after the first wash.

Well shit. I emailed Levis in December asking about whether or not the 520 is discontinued because I loved my one-wash pair. They said it was, but that they would look into it. Check the site cause Maldo said they had new 501s, and they're bringing back the 520s. No one-wash version, but I'm hopeful! Levis is an awesome company.

• 2 weeks later...