Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

No im not washing them, Ive done enough 501's to know what to do.

Im just doing a cold soak after maybe a year and if they ever need them but i dont ever plan on washing them.

Dont walk out in the rain now, you'll end up looking like the very reason why people make fun of skinny jeans :P

problem is that your "beater jeans" will probably turn out to be your favorites, because you are doing everything that needs to be done to make them fade to perfection.

Actually, this is turning out to be true. Even though the fit of the 501s aren't perfect, I'm beginning to view them in a much more positive light as they fade.

^^ no hate, but I think it might look better if you just got a smaller pair. Unless you have a really big butt, the seat still looks pretty billowy and roomy compared to the bottom half, which is slim because you tapered it. Sizing down might accomplish a slightly more fitted seat (I know 501 STF's have a kind of "anti-fit", baggy ass area, but this can be minimized) and a slimmer leg area pre-tailoring.

also, I know I probably ranted about this before, but it's really difficult and/or impossible to find size 28 STF's in any color besides indigo, black or knight. WTF is up with that? I wanna cop some khakis, greys, light blues or browns :(

^ fit is looking real good in those last pics. what's the leg opening after going through the dryer?

Thanks. It's a 7.5 now, maybe a little smaller.

^^ no hate, but I think it might look better if you just got a smaller pair. Unless you have a really big butt, the seat still looks pretty billowy and roomy compared to the bottom half, which is slim because you tapered it. Sizing down might accomplish a slightly more fitted seat (I know 501 STF's have a kind of "anti-fit", baggy ass area, but this can be minimized) and a slimmer leg area pre-tailoring.

also, I know I probably ranted about this before, but it's really difficult and/or impossible to find size 28 STF's in any color besides indigo, black or knight. WTF is up with that? I wanna cop some khakis, greys, light blues or browns :(

I'm with phive-oh-won' date=' I think you should have just got a different size initially.

My STFs fit nearly the same as the 511 slacks I have, neither of which have been to a tailor.[/quote']

The khaki stfs are generally hard to find especially in my size so i couldnt pass on these. Also they look a lot slimmer in those pics, i'll post more accurate ones when i get the chance.

^ do it. pull the trigger. i did. i am sort of in the same boat, i wear another pair every day right now. but, when you're wanting to change it up they tobaccos are really nice.

^^ Typically, no they are not selvedge. Levi offered a selvedge STF on their website this year however, but it looks like its sold out because I dont see it on there.

I copped a pair(Check my post a page or two back)

They retailed for $98, but I was able to get them for $62 shipped.

I think the quality is definitely better than regular STF, as I've had my fair share of pairs.

Im actually wearing the selvedge STF's right now, and after almost 2 months of wear, they're breaking in quite lovely, to be honest.

I'll post pics soon.

^They shouldn't be sold out throughout the company...I recently saw a bunch at the Chicago store so they should be able to order them for you if you ask at any Levi's store...Would like to try a pair someday but wouldn't throw down cash if not on sale...

Those look good ferris.

Anyone else get gnarly leg twist? I am. A friend of mine picked of his first STFs and is getting. Hell, they're even modeled with it.

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4213660&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854.3194290.3692024

prolly the wrong place to post this, but does neone have ne info on the billy reid x levis 501s. i just got them today at bloomys for only 70 bucks. huge huge sale. but they are pretty legit. red line selvage, hidden rivets, leather backed pocket rivets, lined back pockets, leather patch, made in usa. newayz, my main question is if they are shrink to fit, sanforized etc.

I'm almost positive they are not STF. I didn't buy them, but they would have had some sort of literature/disclaimer about sizing. Plus, while Billy Reid is an enthusiast, his clientele is more off-the-rack, as is Bloomies.

I didn't get a chance to check, but were they made in the US of imported fabric? I was scratching my head at the other items because of that.

I'm almost positive they are not STF. I didn't buy them, but they would have had some sort of literature/disclaimer about sizing. Plus, while Billy Reid is an enthusiast, his clientele is more off-the-rack, as is Bloomies.

I didn't get a chance to check, but were they made in the US of imported fabric? I was scratching my head at the other items because of that.

they are made in the us of imported fabric. which makes me wonder where?!?!?! if they were japanese id think they would say, because i dont see how it could be viewed in ne way as a bad thing that, they wouldnt say fabric from japan

Saw those yesterday. I was close to buying them, but my lady said she's gonna get me some LVC for my birthday, plus I bought boots.

shhhhhhh... I always deny letting her buy me stuff, but I really want a pair of LVC 66!

yeah i had my heart set on some lvc 47's but it turns out my legs are too fat for it, but these billy reid jeans arent which is weird because it says that its modeled after a "mid century" levis jeans, which makes me think 47 501s

Could be modeled after the 55s, as they are more anti-fit. But there are several cuts they could've chosen from. As to denim origin-- it's really odd to see that on a label for Levi's. You'd think they'd go all or nothing in terms of manufacturing start to finish. I don't think they're Japanese fabric. Mexico is my guess.