need a stylish engagement ring

whatring

so I'm going to propose to my girlfriend next month and I am totally have to find a good ring for her - I'm not really interested in 99% of the jewellery you find in stores - it must be:

sexy

contemporary

unconventional

silver or platinum - diamond(s)or other stone would be nice too but optional.

conceptual, as long as the concept is pure and noncovoluted.

A limited editon from an art-based jeweller like Susan Ganch would be cool, but I'm happy to go for a bigger name brand (i.e Georg Jensen) if its good.

Budget is US$3000 tops - I wish it could be more though.

oh and I need to buy it in either Tokyo or Barcelona. I am not a good shopper unfortunately.... and searching on the net hasn't turned up anything right either....can anybody help?

You might try Karen Konzuk's pieces or look at tension settings like those by dSCAASI, which tend to be less common than your everyday six-prong Tiffany setting. Or you could go to the extreme and look at vintage pieces, where you can find quite good deals. There's also the option of colored stones, which are unusual enough in their own right. I'm currently in the process of building a ring similar to what's pictured below, but with pale pink diamond shoulders and a huge hot pink sapphire center.

p1010003b.jpg

thanks for everybody's posts. I going to try a store in Tokyo once I get back there that sells designer-maker conceptual rings, they have some really nice stuff from all around the world.

www.deuxpoissons.com

but as they may not have anything suitable available, I'm keeping neissing and konsuk as a backup - certainly neissing have plenty of stockists in Tokyo and their stuff is very beautiful (if a bit cold sometimes). Hell, if she doesn't like it .... well I hope she says yes anyway.

btw evoque I was surprised you mentioned Konsuk and dScassi in the same sentence ~ they're worlds apart in style! but I guess thats personal preference for you.

• 1 month later...

congratulations!

I was going to say that my friend designed one for his girlfriend, and got it made by a jeweler in Paris..... I might try to convince him to make more rings to order.