Undercover x Uniqlo

homme.homme

Nice they put darts on the back of that wine parka. Certainly didn't have to and increases the price. But yeah, the material looks very thin and cheap. Perhaps they should have tried putting some coating on it to give it a more "crinkly" effect...

34th St store report:

- No print tees

- Blue and black riders in all sizes (Like cameron said material feels good)

- Blazers in all colors and sizes (Fits TTS)

- Hoody only in one color (no blue or red)

- Pants were underwhelming

Hit me up if you want to know if a specific item is in stock and I'll try and remember to the best of my ability.

Lady said next week at the 5th avenue shop. They had the hoodies in tons of color too.

Good thing the biker jacket is not all pleather. Otherwise it wouldn't be a decent buy.

Edited by Desi

went by paris flagship, mad chill vibes there, every sizing left... was rather impressed with overall collection and quality. picked up the burgundy cotton parka, by far my favorite item and a couple t's...passed on the rider jacket, just couldn't convinced myself to buy pleather but it's pretty cool. also some ill gyakusou type light jackets...

after wearing the ocbd and parka for the greater part of the day i am convinced that this level of design and quality does not exist anywhere else for the asking price, or even double the price for most pieces. these arent jawnz but they are also miles ahead of typical uniqlo ish in terms of design, at the same quality and price. do yall really expect to be picking up undercover at uniqlo prices?

it follows (to me) that most of the haters maintain the sentiment because the exclusivity factor ($$$) is gone, or maybe because it's uncool to rock uniqlo? or likely both. either way i will be going back to pick up oxfords in each color, and maybe the vneck. and i'm pretty excited to see the f/w collection

Edited by cameron-

after wearing the ocbd and parka for the greater part of the day i am convinced that this level of design and quality does not exist anywhere else for the asking price, or even double the price for most pieces. these arent jawnz but they are also miles ahead of typical uniqlo ish in terms of design, at the same quality and price. do yall really expect to be picking up undercover at uniqlo prices?

it follows (to me) that most of the haters maintain the sentiment because the exclusivity factor ($$$) is gone, or maybe because it's uncool to rock uniqlo? or likely both. either way i will be going back to pick up oxfords in each color, and maybe the vneck. and i'm pretty excited to see the f/w collection

come on, are you really trying to sell the "quality and design" of a cotton parka and an OCBD?

+j set the standard for uniqlo collabs so far and uu's first season looks pretty boring in comparison (which i can only assume is what jun intended). i doubt anyone with UC jawns is upset right now at "exclusivity".

also the rider looks like someone ran out of leather to finish a jacket

In person I did see more Undercoverism in the design than when compared to photos. The collection is still nothing to write home about and I am a bit undecided on whether to keep my tee and cardigan or not.

honestly the quality and design of some of the stuff - including the cotton parka - is actually very good and light years ahead of +J imo

most of the collection is very light and deconstructed, people are confusing this with "cheap" but its done purposely for spring/summer.. i think jun, through his collaboration with nike, understood the limits, that is not try and take a luxury high fashion approach and adapt it to uniqlo. not everything is a success, it's hit & miss, but what does work is really good imo. the promo shots don't really do the clothing justice, some of the fabrics are really interesting irl, even some of the cotton T's are in a really awesome cotton weave, zippers are chunky and customized... sounds silly perhaps but its the small attention to simple details like these i appreciate, and most important the cut on most stuff is really on point with smart articulations in the sewing, it's mostly active wear though, nothing fancy to write home about, but i was pleasantly surprised on a few items and i'm far from being a uniqlo fan... just my 2c

i went to the penn station nyc store yesterday and checked out every piece. ended up buying the easy jacket in dark gray (bottom pic). the images on their site didn't look spectacular, but in person the piece was pretty solid.

edit: also, i asked the staff about how limited the pieces are and they said they'd be getting restocks twice a week until mid-april when the second half of the collection would be released. and the sale will likely start in late may.

tumblr_m1018lPbei1qa3t0to1_250.jpg

tumblr_m1018lPbei1qa3t0to2_250.jpg

Edited by Mauisnake

wow up close the leather looks better than expected. thanks prokart!

no it doesn't

went to london flagship this morning, almost dead empty, seriously disappointed with pretty much everything I saw. The parkas are ok. Rest is just shit. Def. worse than Jil colabo.

Maybe next season

so i'm confused. are there or are there not t-shirts in stores?

there's a discussion the page before talking about tees not dropping yet but desi said he got a one.

Not I picked up a l/s. there were no graphics or s/s tees. Main reason for even going up there.

In paris, they said that graphic tees are going to drop on may.

If you are looking for simple tee with good fit the UU basic ss/ls are great for the prices.

No the collars are not very wide, perfect for me.

Edited by Mescudi