Undercover x Uniqlo

homme.homme

Here's a comparison of the Undercover 3/4 shorts and the Undercover x Uniqlo cropped chinos:

The pants are about the same length, but the UC has a ribbed cuff. The UU relies on having a moderatley stretchy fabric whereas the UC is much stiffer - a little more substantial but I'm not smart enough about fabric to tell you exactly what it is. Kind of a ligther chino, maybe? The UU appears to have longer pockets and thicker belt loops. It also lacks the flap over the pocket and the button on the right buttcheek. It does, however, have the cargo pocket, which could fit a phone or something but is otherwise not particularly useful. The UC has fleece lining around the ass/taint area and on the lower thighs on both legs. UU lacks these details. I'm happy with UU, happy enough to have bought two pair since i very much like my Undercover one.

I bought the UC off of yoox for $200. There is no doubt it is a nicer product than the UU pair. The UU pair is perfectly passable.

edit: jesus these images are huge but i'm not smart enough to make 'em smaller.

Here's the UC:

4f3d2ad2e98c0m.jpg

and here's the UU:

331m3is.jpg

Edited by trafficjam

the oxfords are terrific, maybe one too many embellishments but those are mostly subtle anyway. the colors alone would have had me at hello. "quality" (whatever that means) is fine and way above par compared to the DIPs. it's not +j but then again that shit got kind of expensive. there's also an m-65 type lightweight jacket as a poor man's gyakusou.

btw, unrelated to uu their tech line is developing fairly nicely

I bought some basics for my impending holiday...

6877763206_307fb8c155_z.jpg

100% cotton which will be ideal (without going linen) for 35 degree C weather, real soft, great fit, even if a little short on the body. The wide necks aren't that wide or low, so no bro business or chest bumping going on.

I hope it survives the wash test, if not I'll be lumped with 5 cropped tops... In which case they'll be demoted to under shirts, or I'll palm them off to the missus as sleep wear.

Edited by rirawin

Everyone complaining how +J is much better than UU please tell me which SS was better than this one. I never bought any of the +J SS stuff because none of it ever impressed me. Atleast this UU stuff actually has a few interesting pieces

I bought some basics for my impending holiday...

6877763206_307fb8c155_z.jpg

100% cotton which will be ideal (without going linen) for 35 degree C weather, real soft, great fit, even if a little short on the body. The wide necks aren't that wide or low, so no bro business or chest bumping going on.

I hope it survives the wash test, if not I'll be lumped with 5 cropped tops... In which case they'll be demoted to under shirts, or I'll palm them off to the missus as sleep wear.

Was planning to copping these too, but for 29.99 each its a bit steep for uniqlo tees.

Do the measurements match the ones listed on uniqlo uk site? Because based on those measurements it doesn't seem exactly short to me. I'm 5'10 and I feel like the length listed should be good.

I'm a s/m (s in Ann D/AS Colour, medium in Acne) and I chose the small. Fits me well (not too long nor short), but I think medium would be good as well. medium would be slightly oversize I imagine. Haven't done the wash test yet, though.

Was planning to copping these too, but for 29.99 each its a bit steep for uniqlo tees.

Do the measurements match the ones listed on uniqlo uk site? Because based on those measurements it doesn't seem exactly short to me. I'm 5'10 and I feel like the length listed should be good.

Mine are XS which are relabelled as a S in Asia. The measurements on the UK site are accurate as I've just measured up one to compare. I'm not too bothered about the quality, as long as it survives a couple of washes I'll be happy. I paid £14.90, while it may be deemed a lot for a basic tee, I'd rather put my money towards Uniqlo than American Apparel, which sell basic tees for £15. I can't get cheaper in the UK unless I went down the H&M route where theirs are £3-£4 a tee and aren't 100% cotton.

Regarding the length, that's just a personal preference with me, as I suffer from long body short legs syndrome.