Undercover x Uniqlo

homme.homme

no it doesn't

went to london flagship this morning, almost dead empty, seriously disappointed with pretty much everything I saw. The parkas are ok. Rest is just shit. Def. worse than Jil colabo.

Maybe next season

yea...the quality is like shit...

I could only see chinese buying this collection.

okay, why is everyone complaining about the quality of the products? i dunno about you guys but I've handled the stuff and it's up to the standard of the rest of uniqlo's product as far as i'm concerned. if you're all expecting undercover/undercoverism league quality or whatever then get the fuck out of uniqlo and go spend far larger amounts of money on what is ultimately a better (and far more expensive) product. otherwise uu's aight for basics imho. looking waaay too far into this shit i think.

I agree with you gndm, people want the cheap charlie but it's not gonna happen in fashion. Meanwhile, the parka, the hoodies and the knits, they are pretty good for what you pay for them. the designs are nicely edited, they're interesting to look at. Undercover the full-on label is nice but doesn't exactly conjure images of incredible quality either, it's rather middling, all things considered.

okay, why is everyone complaining about the quality of the products? i dunno about you guys but I've handled the stuff and it's up to the standard of the rest of uniqlo's product as far as i'm concerned. if you're all expecting undercover/undercoverism league quality or whatever then get the fuck out of uniqlo and go spend far larger amounts of money on what is ultimately a better (and far more expensive) product. otherwise uu's aight for basics imho. looking waaay too far into this shit i think.

because everybody is expecting the level of quality that previous collabo had. It's just a letdown to see that they would rather opt for crap quality for less then better quality for more, especially since Jun is signed under this.

my two biggest problems with the rider are 1) sleeves super long 2) same synthetic leather Uniqlo uses on their jackets. I wished they upped for better pleather, shit feels like Charles 1/2 Urban Outfitters shit.

cmon guys , yall should know the uu concept is clothes for family in these tough times opposing +J's mention of quality.

jun delivers his part to me.the clothes were average and cheap...looking forward to what he can do in the f/w collection

Not in the support for Uniqlo or anything, but the prices in Hong Kong for this crossover line are pretty reasonable. I can pick up an Armani Exchange leather jacket for about 200 USD in Hong Kong, and the Undercover x Uniqlo biker only costs 100 USD. Frankly, the design for the Undercover x Uniqlo biker is better than a normal Armani synthetic leather jacket. Now, it's just a trade off, would you prefer spending less for the design or more for the quality. I wouldn't look into quality in the crossover line, since it's just obviously a collaboration of the two brands and that's it. Uniqlo made Undercover accessible to the ones who don't have the extra money to spend, and this was the same with the Jil Sander collaboration, rather than criticising its quality, we should focus on how such crossovers made some brands accessible to the general public. Quality is guranteed to be underpar in this collection due to the price, and if you want better quality and design for a similiar price, frankly, you're seeing your expectations too high.

because everybody is expecting the level of quality that previous collabo had. It's just a letdown to see that they would rather opt for crap quality for less then better quality for more, especially since Jun is signed under this.

i never saw the previous collab, could never handle it. but to call this collection "crap" quality is you setting your standards way too fucking high imho. the quality's perfectly acceptable, particularly at the price point. as far as i'm concerned it makes total sense considering the "family" theme of the collection *and* in this day and age where there's shoppers trying to be economic. face it, there's gonna be regular folks who don't give a fuck about undercover who might opt to do some family shopping in uniqlo and go buy some uu stuff for the whole fam. there's just too many folks on sufu (again) looking too far into it.

but this is just me, whatever.

in material construction and shit you obviously can't compare +J and UU, but UU is leagues ahead of +J in terms of interesting design and makes +J look like gap or topman

When did Uniqlo start catering to fat Americans? I'm 5'10" 170 and athletically built, bought the rider in a large thinking it would be cut like asian Uniqlo and I could have easily gone for a small. Got a sweater from their regular line as well in a medium and its crazy huge in the body. Guess I have to start eating hard or flip it on ebay.