Undercover x Uniqlo

homme.homme

Will echo what others said, seems like the kids stuff is the most "Undercover" looking out of the collection, at least for as far as I can tell from the pics.

I think that it actually makes sense for Jonio to do a collection like this for Uniqlo, much more so than when he did it for his own label.

It's about good, well made (or at least decent) basics at a good price.

His exploration of this "style" in Avakerata Life shows that this is a side of fashion/clothing that he's also interested in, perhaps going into that for this project, and exploring his interest in sportswear with the Gyakusou project allows him to to go back and explore the "punk/noise/experimental/dark/fun/however you want to call it" side of his interests in his own line(s).

Just a thought.

Also I actually like the logo a lot, it strikes me as very Undercover: uu_12.jpg

du has 4 kids in this economic climate? surprised he can manage to go to the movie, let alone deck out his whole family out in uc.

but for real, i am slightly disappointed. i dunno, even though the majority is just slight variations on basics, i think it still seems a bit safe for jun? i was expecting slightly more 'intresting' shit (even in terms of basics), but i guess at the end of the day its still a uniqlo collab and there's only so much free reign you have.

Edited by conqueror

i definitely want that rider jacket. might have to make my friends in japan go fetch it for me. i wonder how hypebeasted the collection will be. i wonder if they'll make enough of the collection to meet demand. what uniqlo does best is mass production though. i remember the gq article on the founder saying: "When the company's collaboration with Jil Sander, +J, launched in 2009, thousands of people snaked around the block, even though Uniqlo, being Uniqlo, had stocked enough that it was in no danger of running out."

It's good to see some images of the single pieces rather than the lookbook, which seems pretty plain. I'm in Paris so I'm planning on going to check it out day 1. The riders jacket and possibly some trousers will definitely be copped if they're not cut too slim for my frame. I can do proxies as well if people are willing to pay the $ to € conversion or for those in Europe who can't get to Paris.