Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, also the thighs on the pbj is pretty shallow.

yes, they are very. that's the thing, the tighter you get, the more factors are involved. actually, i could probably fit waist-wise in a 31 in the xx-005 (although it wouldn't be pleasant), BUT, my thighs probably wouldn't fit. that's why the 32.

in the baggier cuts, you have a lot more room for error.

i'm a little under a true 30 waist.

i went with the advice to go two sizes down.

28 = teh screwed?

well digi gave me the measurements on his 28 and the thigh measured at 9.5,thats pretty shallow. and keep in mind this is raw xx pbj before a soak or a wash.

not if you don't wash. in the raw state, you should be ok.

well, i'm going to wash them EVENTUALLY. you don't think that they'll stretch out enough?

like i said, went with the size 2 down advice given earlier in the thread.

wonder if I can email them to get them to switch me to a 29.

we're talking about the S5000BK here right? the hell is going on here.

I have gotten over the whole, "shrink to fit" mentality. Lately, with all my unsanforized jeans I buy them a little less than fitted. Then when I wash they shrink to be tight and then they stretch out to be fitted.

earlier people were saying two sizes down, now people are saying size up. i'm still fucking confused :P

sorry, i think the confusion came because we started talking about pbj xx-005 sizing. with those it might be good to size up one because of the low-rise factor.

artificialsky, i think you'll be ok!

something about the way the weave is gives off an indication that it would stretch a good amount. i owned the 5000 previously and it only shrank about 1 inch cold soaked. wouldve been better to size down or two when you get these.

yeha im plannig to get a black pair for the winter,but im afraid if i get the bk now, something better might come out.

greentea, you feel like your buying tech. you don't want to buy a mac or pc now coz something newer and faster will come out in the future. lol

Have been reading threads about this until I'm @_@.

Can anyone give a concise description of the pain of breaking in Samurai 17oz. denim?

I understand that weight is not the only consideration. How do the Zero models feel compared to say, SD-103s, which are very stiff for their weight?

the zero and the 103s have completely different denim.

zero: slubbier, 17 oz, more coarse, color is dark indigo.

sd-103: smoother, *edit* 15 oz, less coarse, color is very dark indigo, bordering on black.

the 103s have a very tight weave so it feels stiff for it's weight. zero is woven a little looser, but the 17 oz is hefty.

the 103s have a nice slick, clean look. think apc-ish, but with much better denim.

the zeros have a coarser, more rugged look. they distress beautifully because they can take such rough abuse.

Thanks miz! I am specifically wondering if the 17 oz. denim is so stiff and heavy as to be uncomfortable at first. I walk a lot and am wondering if I am going to have "sandpapered" legs from wearing them. APCs and Eternals did not cause a problem but they are not as heavyweight.

103's are actually 15 oz. They aren't very irregular, but the vertical threads are becoming more and more visible as mine gets more worn in.

Anyway, get the SD's if you want a subtle repro, they will look just like Levi's to most. Get Samurai's if you want something different.

I don't think your legs will complain about either!

I hate to ask this, but, well, you know.

Anyone had a pair long enough to judge how much they're going to stretch? I didn't expect to fit into the pair I ordered at my current level of rotundness, but I did. After a warm soak they did shrink, but not as much as had hoped they would. It's a bit of a struggle but I can still get into them.

samauri sizing for me is really weird, like my proportions don't work out for it, I tried a sz 30 on in the store and it was so fucking tight, and that was without shrinkage, so i bought a 32 and shrunk it, it fits, but really loose. wish i did size down, def does not shrink as much as you think it does, so if anything size down!

Quick question on the S0505s. When shrinking them, is it best to have the zipper zipped up or down. Does it matter?