Samurai S5000 owners

it is really weird, huh? thanks for confirming that i'm not insane.

the black dye must be comprised of various colors--------like black markers are really a combination of reds, blues, etc. strange that only the BLUE runs off.

how's the fit?

Maybe the black is composed of indigo mixed with other colors, and as we know indigo only coats the fibers, but doesn't penetrate it much. Maybe if the blue keeps falling off but none of the other colors, you guys will have some pink jeans or something.

I would laugh maniacally if that happened. Hell I will laugh maniacally even if it don't happen. What you gonna do about it?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizanation - can I ask if to spotted any size 28's at BIG? I am gonna mail them but just incase you spotted them . . Thanks in advance!

no, didn't see any. if you had them mailed out, they are probably in-route already.

they are practically completely sold out. they have a couple 36s i think.

Mizanation - can I ask if to spotted any size 28's at BIG? I am gonna mail them but just incase you spotted them . . Thanks in advance!

no, didn't see any. if you had them mailed out, they are probably in-route already.

they are practically completely sold out. they have a couple 36s i think.

^ Thanks for the info Mizanation. Today I tried on my W29 pair again and actually it seems they fit me fine raw so I'm thinking even if they stretch out to their raw size post soak I should be ok :D

Can DDML and / or Artificial sky please confirm the shrinkage rate? I'm guessing it's 1.5" from the posts already on this thread but would be ace if you guys could confirm. tia

^ Thanks for the info Mizanation. Today I tried on my W29 pair again and actually it seems they fit me fine raw so I'm thinking even if they stretch out to their raw size post soak I should be ok :D

Can DDML and / or Artificial sky please confirm the shrinkage rate? I'm guessing it's 1.5" from the posts already on this thread but would be ace if you guys could confirm. tia

i'd say 1.5-2 is about spot on, depending on the temperature of the water.

speaking of samurais, look at these shits...

20060214.jpg

insane.

i'd say 1.5-2 is about spot on, depending on the temperature of the water.

speaking of samurais, look at these shits...

20060214.jpg

insane.

Maybe the black is composed of indigo mixed with other colors, and as we know indigo only coats the fibers, but doesn't penetrate it much. Maybe if the blue keeps falling off but none of the other colors, you guys will have some pink jeans or something.

I would laugh maniacally if that happened. Hell I will laugh maniacally even if it don't happen. What you gonna do about it?

When I started soaking mine, the water started turning blue, but the longer it sat the darker it got. Here are some photos after the 2 hour soak.

s5000bkbendofsoakvp4.th.jpgs5000bkbendofsoakcloseupkr8.th.jpg

When I started soaking mine, the water started turning blue, but the longer it sat the darker it got. Here are some photos after the 2 hour soak.

s5000bkbendofsoakvp4.th.jpgs5000bkbendofsoakcloseupkr8.th.jpg