Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samurai just put special soap on the market....

For those who are intersted..

kaminari2.jpg

This soap has been out for some time (actually some years). It is commercially available in the Japanese market under the name of "Thunder Red"

http://home.b02.itscom.net/thunder/aboutthunderred.htm

I use it regularly on my jeans and indigo shirts, with very good results. It's chief property is the oil component is made from soy-bean oil, which has a very low melting point, and washes out very cleanly.

i just ordered a sz 36 thru juno. hopefully they're still available. im also hoping a sz 36 will fit. I havent bought any japanese denim yet. I only wear some wrangler and lee repros of carpenter workwear style stuff. Hope it fits. 309 shipped. what did u guys pay?

exactly 309 from BIG in nyc

This soap has been out for some time (actually some years). It is commercially available in the Japanese market under the name of "Thunder Red"

http://home.b02.itscom.net/thunder/aboutthunderred.htm

I use it regularly on my jeans and indigo shirts, with very good results. It's chief property is the oil component is made from soy-bean oil, which has a very low melting point, and washes out very cleanly.

cool, thanks for the info!

well I just got my package from BiG and they fit... too well considering they haven't been soaked

If they shrink more than 1.5 inches in the waist I'm probably fucked :(

you'll be ok, mine were actually tight when i got them (29" waist) but soaked and wore

while wet, not they're perfect. need to get them hemmed though.

I just wanted to make sure they were shrunk as much as possible so that my fade marks don't change positions in the future..

this is my first experience with unsanforized jeans, so I guess 2-3 hours is enough then?

i have one that i didnt soak, actually my 505 samurai is straight out the box.

i have one that i didnt soak, actually my 505 samurai is straight out the box.
if they aren't sanforized, isn't this a really bad idea?

though obviously I'm no expert on such things.

EDIT- my sammis are in a tub with screaming hot water and corn starch right now

if they aren't sanforized, isn't this a really bad idea?

though obviously I'm no expert on such things.

EDIT- my sammis are in a tub with screaming hot water and corn starch right now

well yeah it will off set a little etc, but you really wont get the real dramatic changes untill you wash it. depending on method: washing machine will shrink it the best. i just said screw it just wear the jeans and let it live. :rolleyes:

sounds good. The water is turning freakishly blue right now.

Also, I've been adding hot water periodically every half hour or so.. should I even bother or should I just let it cool?

i put the cover on the washing machine and let it sit there for 5 hours. it was still hot after 5 hours...i don't expect too much more shrinkage...

HOLY SHIT GUYS

I just dumped the water, put my sammies on and to my surprise I was able to button them up with a little effort. They were tight, but I've had WAY tighter, such as my APCs which took me 15 minutes to button.

I decided to do some squats, which is what I always do when I'm trying to stretch out jeans.. and POP... the TOP TWO BUTTONS FLEW OFF INTO THE CORNER OF THE ROOM

what the hell do I do now!? this is absolutely unbelievable...

dude I'm sorry that sucks but I'm laughing out loud.

*KAPOW KAPOW*

I hate you :(

EDIT- okay so the denim didn't rip, it was the rivted buttons that just bent and sheared apart. Is this possible to repair somehow?

EDIT- I'm going to use these as a 17oz noose to kill myself :(

damn ott, sorry to hear that, but you shouldnt try to force stretch jeans all in one day when it takes a few days of wear for it to naturallyt loosen up.
yeah, in retrospect it was a bit dumb of me but I've done it with my Nudies and APCs to no ill effect. Maybe samurai's buttons are different?