Sign in to follow this  
high_contrast

i think I'm feeling this new [v.2] layout

I believe dontcaretoomuchforcrap is now azninvzn.

In addition to the suggestions above, I think the thread rating has to go. I never used/trusted the rating option - also, the stars clutter the minimalist aesthetic.

im lost. minya, can you hold my hand?

The online/offline status indicators are really hideous. Same goes for the 'report bad post' icon and the rating stars. But I assume that people are working on that?

its too narrow looking at my res

it needs to fill the whole screen, other than that im happy

Yes, this is very important.

Another thing is, the icons indicating new topics, hot topics, old topics, etc. are too confusing for me to understand! maybe make all threads with new messages one color and those without with another color. Not too many colors, please.

I stand corrected then.

Edit: I'm still not sure of the new identity, but I wasn't thinking azninvzn. I meant to posit handlethevibe as the new sn. I have no idea how that happened...

Haha. Not at all! I just thought that dontcare's new account name was common knowledge.

Then what is it? So I can go ahead and put him on "Ignore".

Ha. Burn.

it just isn't superfuture for me unless posters are on the left hand side, with the wacky quotes under their fantasy-artwork avatar. :(

i remember back when i was still unregistered. i was wondering why the fuck people had star trek characters as avatars.

I REALLY, REALLY, miss the "new" tag as I mentioned, is there a way to get this in my CP? Maybe there should be a new forum set-up 101 or something, however I did look through the CP and did not find a tonne of user adjustable controls.

What was the last forum lacking in functionality? The only thing I did not like about it was when the last page would be blank.

Fill me in, what am I missing Minya, as I do not see it or anything that seems to serve its purpose.

You mean the thread tag to denote if there are new posts in a thread? It's still there...

(royal)we mean that when viewing a thread, individual posts are not tagged as "new." in the old SF, there was a bright red new! next to previously unviewed posts... made for a good starting point...

WTF? I'm offline for a few days and my Jefferson's deluxe apartment in the sky got torn down and is replaced by the Jetsons??!! Place is a little sterile looking and angular. It's also tough to see what posts have new replies because of the different shades, colors, and bolds. It use to be sooo easy, but I guess i'll learn.

I also would like a bright red "New" by new posts in old threads

Haha. Not at all! I just thought that dontcare's new account name was common knowledge.

hmmm.... so who is he now?

Minya broke it back in March in the hundreds thread -

03-17-2006, 10:40 AM

minya

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAAN THOUGH.

--- Original message by freedomfighter on Mar 16, 2006 10:49 PM

Welcome back, dontcaretoomuchforcrap. Trying to start with a clean slate, eh?

I thought everyone was clued in.

ahhhh.... since i care nothing about the hundreds i never saw it. thanks.

Posts with a post_new.gif next to the time and date of the post are "Unread". Post with a post_old.gif next to them have been read. You can also click on the firstnew.gif next to a thread topic or at the very top of a page to "View First Unread", it will jump you strait to the first unread post.

This board really is more dynamic. Some people just dont want to take the time to understand it.

I must be a total ignoramus, as whilst I read these responses there are not red squared, and I vertainly have not read the replies.

I must be a total ignoramus, as whilst I read these responses there are not red squared, and I vertainly have not read the replies.
Perhaps someone else read them? If you're the only one who can read these post (i.e no one else uses your computer), then I don't know what to tell ya.

As per usual, I am the idiot, BUT, it is not too easy to see, but now that it is there I think I can fet back to enjoying my SF.