Sign in to follow this  
high_contrast

i think I'm feeling this new [v.2] layout

ps. I'm BAPEDDY

Haaaa... Do you guys remember his BBoy video? Hah.

New forum is squeeky clean though, I love it.

hooray for vbulletin. the only thing that annoys me is the horizontal username and avatars. other boards have optiosn to change between the horizontal and vertical ones, not sure about sf though.

i dont like this shit at all... but it may just take some time to get used to...

like wheres the My Supertalk?... or do you just have to go through and see the ones youve already posted in

i dont like this shit at all... but it may just take some time to get used to...

like wheres the My Supertalk?... or do you just have to go through and see the ones youve already posted in

click on User CP. All the threads you post in are automatically subscribed. (you can change this if you don't like it)

also if you'll notice there are little arrow icons to show you if you've already posted in a thread or not.

I think you (and pretty much everyone) will get used to the forum software quickly and appreciate it a lot more, and the superfridge layout will slowly be changing, so that's not really an issue.

haha, I love the avatar, ande.

ps. I'm BAPEDDY

Thanks man. Loving the new set up, big ups to the Superfuture crew!

Bapeddy Forever, Hella mint

you know what i dont fucking like this new SF

Oh come on Wittsey, your circle of shoes looks ace and your "Footwear Collection" thread is set to be #2 behind WAYWT.

I liked how in the old one you could go to a thread like WDYWT, and really quickly see where the last thread you viewed is. Am I missing something on this one?

I also find the greed not too easy on the eyes at all, actually hurts.

def. NOT feeling this new layout, feels so much more generic than it was before, kinda sucks.

cosign on these recs:

name, post count, avatar, etc. should be on the left, not on top.

need to bring back the "new" tag for posts w/in a thread.

questions:

can we set the default (either board-wide or personally via the control panel) so that clicking on a thread takes you to the end (i.e. most recent) rather than the beginning?

can we make smaller the "quote" and "quick reply" icons so they're not adding 1cm+ to each post's height?

similarly, do we really need the "headline" section that's also adding ~1cm?

i guess in general i really liked the old sf layout because it was super streamlined as far as navigation and ease of reading went... shouldn't be too tough to bring that minimalist feel back to the new version...

Guest Airjamie

can we set the default (either board-wide or personally via the control panel) so that clicking on a thread takes you to the end (i.e. most recent) rather than the beginning?

Its in the user cp.

I like all the new functions and stuff, but it is sorta hard to read for some reason...

I like the new setup bit. Very clean, easier fo rme to follow than the old ST forum.

i just noticed that. shit. i liked my tattoo man. and i guess cheap isnt a monkey anymore. and ddml isnt a reptile.

You mean Mike Tyson???

Guest Airjamie

The colors really need to go. The white is hurting my eyes.

Haha. What with everyone and their new icons, it feels like the first day back at

school.

hahaha.

but yeah i think the old one looked better. this one looks like it'll function better tho.

the search button already seems better.

So, the old place was comfy, this is a bit of a jarring update to the GUI, but five minutes into it I can tell this is much more functional.

It'll take some getting used to, but gladly.

cosign on the greys, and i imagine the avatar / username orientation is already being worked on

i really like the white aesthetic but the old oculars are feeling the burn from this thread alone

overall i like the revamp, i just miss how cozy and dense everything was on the old board

cheers to the admins and all the tinkering they have in store

its too narrow looking at my res

it needs to fill the whole screen, other than that im happy

the old avs were cute, but everyone had the same ones

also PMing is FINALLY fixed

Its in the user cp.

at airjamie:

word. i didn't explain myself so well... i like reading top to bottom, older to newer, but when i click on xxxxxxx thread, i'm taken to the first page of that thread. yes, i know, i could also click on the tiny little "4" or "last page" or whatever, but i preferred the automatic-last-page behavior of the old system.

The best feature is the new avatar deal...you can change it whenever you want and it will automatically change the avatar in all your posts!

yes, i know, i could also click on the tiny little "4" or "last page" or whatever, but i preferred the automatic-last-page behavior of the old system.

I hated that, thats why the page numbers are there

I'm starting to like this layout, but hopefully stuff like the posters name and avatar etc can be moved next to the post as a few mentioned already.

Can someone please convince dontcaretoomuchforcrap to start posting again?