Baldwin Denim, Kansas City

robbie

My size 29 16 oz Kurabo Reed Classic Dry are actually pretty comparably to my 12.5 oz Cone Mills Henley Dry Stretch. I was afraid that they would be too loose based on Blueowl measurements but were glad to see the pair I had were only vanity sized by 2 inches. I'll get my gf to help take some fit pics when she has time.

• 2 weeks later...

^they should be slightly tough to button.

BlackBlue just received their newest cut, the samuel in their kurabo 16oz denim. the fit is a henley the top with less taper from the knee down. basically a henley with the reed leg opening. solid cut.

^they should be slightly tough to button.

BlackBlue just received their newest cut, the samuel in their kurabo 16oz denim. the fit is a henley the top with less taper from the knee down. basically a henley with the reed leg opening. solid cut.

I recently had a chance to try on the Samuel cut. Since I have bigger thighs, I couldn't fit the Samuel properly. And unfortunately I was between sizes on the Samuel. Both the Reeds and the Henleys fit me in a size 31. With the Samuel, the size 31 was too tight along the thighs and top block and then the size 32 was simply too big everywhere. Bummer, since it's a nice cut.

^too bad about the samuel but sounds like you have your choice with the reed and the henley both fitting. the samuel is basically for people who's thighs are too small for the reed and don't want the taper of the henley.

The more I wear the Henley the more I like them. If they were a heavier weight I think i'd probably hate them but the 12.5oz stretched and softened perfectly. Fucking. Love. Them.

• 3 weeks later...

What up guys. I just bought these Baldwins today:

Reed in Raw Moss.

I'm pretty excited about them. I really like the color. When they arrive, I'll post some fit pics and make some comments on the sizing.

ugh. . . I just go them in the mail today and I have to return them. I didn't take any pics because I couldn't even get them on all the way. I typically where a size 32 waist. I ordered a 31, which according to Need Supply's measurements has a 16" (flat) waist. That should translate to a full 32 circumference, right? Anyway, the waist felt like a 31 or maybe even less. The thighs were skin-tight. The calves were a bit looser but still pretty tight.

I could size-up one or two sizes which would probably help with the leg tightness, but I don't know if it'd be enough. I was basically hoping they'd fit like Levi's 514 Slim Straight jeans, but these things feel like skinnies.

[EDIT]: Damn, I should have read this thread more closely the first time through (I just skimmed it originally). Are you guys familiar with duck cloth, e.g. the jeans in this post? From this thread, it sounds like Baldwins stretch quite a bit. Now, I'm second guessing myself and thinking maybe I should just go up a size and hope they stretch. Does duck cloth stretch like denim though?

Edited by liquiditytrap

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wearing my Baldwin Henley's for about a week now and LOVE them. At first I had a hard time buttoning the top two, but they've already stretched to the point where it's pretty easy to get them on. I hope they don't stretch much more.

I also got their wallet. Love it. Highly recommended. A bit pricey, but it's nice and definitely unique. Let me know if you guys want pics. There isn't much pics of the wallet available.

• 1 month later...

^that looks more like the 14oz kaihara than the lighter-weight run of nihon

• 1 month later...

You could email them and see. I pretty consistenly scour the web for baldwin shit and havent run into any belts lately.

I sent them an email and am waiting for a response. I know their GQ/Gap collection later this year is featuring a belt. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is the shrinkage on women's EJ?  I picked up a pair for my wife.  Not sure what to expect for a shrink. 

Bought from BlackBlue -- and Satchel, don't worry, they fit great.  Dunno if Andrew passed the message but they are a direct template for her old Evisu Heritage.  I think she could push down to a size 25 but she's happy with the 26.

*update, practically no shrinkage beyond the original sizing.  The cuffs puckered up into some roping, that's about it.

It's an interesting fabric.  I don't think I've ever seen a selvedge stretch blend.

Edited by jyoni